Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Why I date FOREIGNERS ...Article/Link

Status
Not open for further replies.

jakethasnake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I will get into Asian American politics tommorrow or some other time - I am off to bed. Good night.

Reaction score
Response

And john, the pressure to study and practice Law, Business, or Medicine is equally strong within the East Asian diaspora, not just the South Asian one. The East always valued mental developement over the physical.
I am well aware of that. However, is their intense pressure exerted on East Asians to pursue certain professions? South Asians are pressured from day one to pursue a grand total of three professions.

You might believe that all AAs live in this paradise or near-paradise with a bright future where we all are docs/lawyers/businessmen pulling in a solid 6-figure income with beautiful white/black/yellow wives and what-have-you --- but don't you see that you're being shaped by your cultural (Indian) values AS YOU TYPE? Look at you. You're yappin about law,medicine,business, and all that stuff. You're a product of your environme
Indeed I have been shaped by my environment. The South Asians I know in the suburbs are for the most part very successful. The ones that are not well-educated are working at gas stations or convenience stores. However, their kids are all en route to having a successful career. Now, I am aware that this is not the case among urban Asians. However, my cocooned environment does make a bit prejudiced in this manner.

When I say I have no link to their culture I am talking about ethnic customs and a love for ethnic music, food, television, movies, etc, not really values. My parents values certainly shaped me.

I know 3rd generation Asian Americans (Indian and non-Indian) who are more Asian than you.

Jake, honestly, I am not an anomaly. All the Asians I grew up with are like me--culturally at least. The vast majority are proud of their heritage but aside from that and their self-identification as ethnic Americans there is no difference between them and the typical suburban person.

Where do you hail from? Are you from an urban or suburban area? How are the Asians there with respect to adhering to their culture?

I don't think all Asians that date IR or are whitewashed are "self-hating". But delusional, certainly. You can fvckin quote me on that, cowboy.
That as extreme as my view of ethnic pride being fundamentally bigoted.;)

In this country, if you're black, you're black. It don't matter if you've been raised by white parents - you're still black. We are irrevocably tied by color (at least until we all become mutts thru miscegenation, as you hope it will) - both by our history and by our current situation.
I concur. However, Asians that date and marry across the color line are not doing that to "become white" or become a member of any other group. They simply are marrying the best mate they could find. What makes you think otherwise?

Engetsu

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Long debate... too many generalizations and stereotypes... that's why you guys can't convince each other: your POVs are biased. I agree with Ice Cold, this thread is pretty pointless, except for the article at the beginning.

Getting back on topic... Without generalizing, it is true that cultures other than the US don't see marriage as something you bail out of as soon as the initial buzz wears off. Before bashing me, note that the US has the highest divorce rate in the world, it being 5 times higher than most "third-world" countries
That was an interesting read. It shows how other cultures who are viewed as more conservative see marriage.

To me, marriage is a contract. The person you marry will accompany you for the rest of your life, like it or not. That's why it's important to choose a girl that not only you have chemistry with, but that will be a good mother to your children, and will pass on to them good genes and values. That's why it's important to choose wisely before starting an LTR, by showing your true personality and values as soon as you start seducing a woman: who knows, she might be the girl with the qualities that are necessary to build a common life.

Spike_the_Dragon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Stop this racist bull**** and take responsibility for who you are as an individual. Stop placing blame on 'this' group of people, or 'that' group of people... you are only one person and cannot claim an entire group of individuals as part of yourself--ALL PEOPLE ARE DIFFERENT!

I am mature enough to accept who I am, and I do not associate myself with any race other than the human race. We are all similar only in that none of us are the same--no matter what the color of our skin we are all individuals.:cool:

Now, back on topic...:D

MsThang

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"When I now hear of a girl loosing her virginity at 12 or 14 I don't even think it unusual anymore."

Never take advice from people who can't spell.

diplomatic_lie

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I find it funny people can take credit for their nation or race's achievements.

Being white or Asian or black doesn't lump you in with their achievements. If you're Chinese today it doesn't mean you were responsible for China's height of power or rich culture during the 10th century. If you're white today you've never had a hand in any of Europe's achievements during the 15th century.

The same goes for nations. Just because you're American or Chinese or Russian doesn't mean you've helped in any way with their achievements.

Just focus on developing yourself. Unless you're the president or some kind of god, its not likely you can take credit for your nation or race's achievements.

Ice Cold

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Does it make any difference if my ancestors lived there, fought and died for it, made history of that nation? Or should I just forget that?

Status
Not open for further replies.