"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

Why don't they fall in love with me?

CvB

Don Juan
Joined
Mar 13, 2004
Messages
21
Reaction score
0
Age
42
Location
The Netherlands
So, a girl I met some time ago came to my house last friday to watch a movie with me. We sat on my bed and became pretty intimate, touching each other and kissing. Then after a while she stopped and said: "I shouldn't be doing this, I think you're a great guy, but I'm just not in love with you."

This is not the first time this happened to me, it actually happens every time once a girl gets to know me better and I don't understand why. We had alot of sexual tension, I could tell she liked me, at least that way. We had a lot of fun together, I teased her and stuff, everything went great. But still I run into this wall everytime.

I guess I'm doing something wrong, but I just can't figure out what. Maybe you guys can recommend some articles or insights?
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

Cloudtopsun2100

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Oct 18, 2004
Messages
340
Reaction score
42
Location
KC
so girls always bring up the love thing with you? Making out doesn't= love and love doesn't even figure into the equation that early. What kind of girls are these? just keep being yourself cause you seem to doing fine. The girls that bring up love like that might be nutcases. and so was this the first time you guys made out? hmm
 

CvB

Don Juan
Joined
Mar 13, 2004
Messages
21
Reaction score
0
Age
42
Location
The Netherlands
Well...girls just don't seem to be very open minded around here. Most of the time we kiss for a night and then the next time we date I hear something like: I just want to be friends because I'm not in love with you. I also have never taken it further than kissing and some touching, didn't have the chance, they wanted to get to know me better first.

I don't really understand how it works with women...I mean, I never fall in love so quickly, how can they expect they fall in love with me within two or three dates?

Oh and with this girl, I kissed her before, but we haven't been as close as last friday before that.
 

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 4, 2004
Messages
5,307
Reaction score
343
Age
58
Location
Nevada
Turn her down next time (and I'm sure there will be a next time). Have better things to do, let the message machine pick up her calls. Call her back an hour or 2 later and let her know you'll be busy when she wants to hook up next.

When a chick committs 'Date Fraud', this is the attitude you have to cop. Decide if you really want to get with a girl who'd do this of course, but there's no way you should consider anything long term. This is another form of the 'bottle check', she's not sure she should give it up to you. Love's got nothing to do with it, it's just a convenient 'out' for her. This is also a check to see if she can turn you into an Intellectual Wohre Call her bluff and blow her off for a while, she'll come sniffing around again.
 

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 10, 2003
Messages
15,481
Reaction score
65
Location
Galt's Gulch
Typical "Nice Guy Syndrome."
 

"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

willo

Don Juan
Joined
Apr 5, 2003
Messages
116
Reaction score
0
Age
44
Location
Brisbane Australia
sounds like an anti slut defence

rebound it and say something like
"your thinking of love already.......... gee i think this may be moving too fast ;) :D" said with a grin of course
 
Top