Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Why does old suck in the covid era??

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
Okay, most everyone admits OLD sucks, but since covid started I've noticed a HUGE reduction in women and anything hb6 and higher in general on old that last 8 months especially.

It sucked before too but there was still more higher end hbs than now. I'm also noticing this complaint from others on here too lately.

Up until last April was also far easier to get replies, numbers, and go on dates with hb7 plus from old. Match was the best at the time. Reply rates overall were upwards of over 25 percent with a crap profile and crap pics.

This year reply rates less than 10 percent. More flaky women as well. I'd say I only got about 25 phone numbers from OLD this year so far which I know is better than most men but I'm used to doing better.

Reaction score
Various factors could be at play. Apparently there's a secular trend in OLD for more and more men and less and less women to be on it, the impact of that obviously would mean less woman matches for men overall. Also it could be analogous to the "great resignation" in the employment markets as people re-evaluate their priorities and get more serious about certain matters. I think a lot of women are willing to settle down more so than pre-covid, it's just that the forums for meeting high value men aren't there. So I assume they are taking OLD less seriously, but nothing has taken its place, so there's a lull. Another factor is that people are generally more introverted after being isolated and lockdown for so long. Their habits have changed.

Reaction score
It also could be all your imagination, or you've swiped on everyone in your area already, or your Tinder "ELO" algorithm is lower now.

joesbigship

Banned
Reaction score
Coping.

Dude, you're pushing 40 and selling cell phone cases. YOU are the biggest limiting factor.

Various factors could be at play. Apparently there's a secular trend in OLD for more and more men and less and less women to be on it, the impact of that obviously would mean less woman matches for men overall. Also it could be analogous to the "great resignation" in the employment markets as people re-evaluate their priorities and get more serious about certain matters. I think a lot of women are willing to settle down more so than pre-covid, it's just that the forums for meeting high value men aren't there. So I assume they are taking OLD less seriously, but nothing has taken its place, so there's a lull. Another factor is that people are generally more introverted after being isolated and lockdown for so long. Their habits have changed.
As general trends this is all correct. However, I see that restaurants and bars and whatever else is open are packed. There is definitely a strong impulse to socialize and mingle and "allow" things to happen.

But as noted, the "chads" and "unicorns" are also settling for relationships which seems the safer bet given the constant changes in fake laws and regulations everywhere.

Many people are chomping at the bit to get back in the decadent mix of sleeping and slutting around (men and women both!) but the unpredictability and volatility in the social scene make that difficult.

Last edited:

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
It also could be all your imagination, or you've swiped on everyone in your area already, or your Tinder "ELO" algorithm is lower now.
I don't use tinder and bumble much. Mostly low end trash. The hot girls are fake profiles. They swipe on you and give you same canned reply about being a nurse and just moving here. I wonder if they're sex workers

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
Makes a lot of sense. The women I see on there it's just not fatter. Even if they were skinny they wouldn't be hot because they have bad teeth and such.

Match LLC was the worst thing for old. They also took features away on match too. Tinder was fine until match bought it.

Willie Naylor

Banned
Reaction score
@biggoal

you make a lot of excuses and complain a lot in your posts. I don't get a 'high SMV' vibe off of you.

I've seen your profile picture, before you took it down, when I was just lurking on the forum. I say this with love and compassion -

Take drastic action to improve your life. Coming on an internet message board to b!tch about your problems isn't doing you any favors.

I'm not insulting you. I'm giving you advice. That's the purpose of forums like this one.

joesbigship

Banned
Reaction score
@biggoal

you make a lot of excuses and complain a lot in your posts. I don't get a 'high SMV' vibe off of you.

I've seen your profile picture, before you took it down, when I was just lurking on the forum. I say this with love and compassion -

Take drastic action to improve your life. Coming on an internet message board to b!tch about your problems isn't doing you any favors.

I'm not insulting you. I'm giving you advice. That's the purpose of forums like this one.
Yeah, I saw his profile photo as well. It's just a lot easier for him to b1tch about how low quality women are instead of trying to improve himself. The problem is, his ceiling is so low, he can't really move up on the smv scale substantially. He's pretty much stuck where he's at. 100% of his posts are coping.

He also has very obvious OCD tendencies where he gets stuck in a thought loop and repeats himself endlessly. Kinda sad, actually.

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah, I saw his profile photo as well. It's just a lot easier for him to ***** about how low quality women are instead of trying to improve himself. The problem is, his ceiling is so low, he can't really move up on the smv scale substantially. He's pretty much stuck where he's at. 100% of his posts are coping.

He also has very obvious OCD tendencies where he gets stuck in a thought loop and repeats himself endlessly. Kinda sad, actually.
I'm that ugly??

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
Well I obviously never get zero matches lol. The Upward Christian app has the hotter women on it and I get a lot of likes and matches with hot ones. Tinder too.

The guy in that pic on the top right there is no excuse he got zero likes on tinder unless he's 5 ft 1.

StacksHitEmUp

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Damn he's getting annihalated. To be fair I think you'd fare a lot better with some facial hair and a better haircut. Also, don't smile like that it just looks forced and creepy.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Damn he's getting annihalated. To be fair I think you'd fare a lot better with some facial hair and a better haircut. Also, don't smile like that it just looks forced and creepy.
Socially awkward, not great looking, most likely lame text/message/in person interactions.

You need to standout in at least one of these areas to do well.