Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Why Does Man Lie?

ThunderMaverick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
*Gasp* Did you actually fall for someone's lie and they got some nookie from you?

Must have been a really good lie.

There are lies that can make you totally look at a person from one specific perspective.

A guy I knew when when I was younger use to get picked on a lot just like me. We ALWAYS got picked on in elementary and jr. high because we were either pushovers are really different. (unique)

When we got a little older (late teens) he started studying martial arts. He would tell me of all these stories of him beating up bullies and saving people, etc. I really started to look up to the guy like he was my hero. For years this went on.

I caught him in a lie when he involved another close person to me in one of his kung fu stories. The other person told me it never happened so I confronted him on it. He then tries to tell me "I was just screwing around with you all these years". I looked him right in his eyes and called him a liar.

The rest of the week he couldn't look at me in the eye. It was quite pathetic. It was a lie that just made me do a 180 on not just how I saw him externally, but emotionally. I really hated him and lost any respect I had for him.

I know why he did it. He was just some insecure kid looking for admiration. He wanted to be appreciated for what he could do. It worked until he got caught.

I also think he is a bit of a sociopath considering he didn't care if he lied to someone he cared about for all those years. As long as he was getting good feedback. It didn't matter.

The universe as a way of giving back what you give it.

ThunderMaverick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
iqqi said:
Haha, I knew someone would think this, so to nip it in the bud... NO.

Lol.

Hm questions for you.

Were you really hurt by this lie?

Did it involved you?

Is this going to totally change the way you look at the person who lied to you?

Edit: Or is it too soon in this thread for you to reveal it? =3

joekerr31

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
iqqi said:
Interesting! Because I care what people think of me... I don't lie! It is a reflection of character, in my eyes.
you're lying.

everyone lies.

joekerr31

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
the person who is honest about lying is more honest than the person who lies about lying!!!

think about that :cool:

iqqi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ThunderMaverick said:
I also think he is a bit of a sociopath considering he didn't care if he lied to someone he cared about for all those years. As long as he was getting good feedback. It didn't matter.

The universe as a way of giving back what you give it.
Now THAT resonates with me.

I think that is why I have a hard time understanding certain liars and certain lies. For as blunt and honest as I can be, and see things... I can be really naive, like how you described in your story. Didn't it make you question the whole concept of lying? Well, yeah, I guess so, because your responses are pretty deep actually.

iqqi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
joekerr31 said:
you're lying.

everyone lies.

Ha, don't get me wrong. I DO lie, and I am a DAMNED GREAT liar. But I don't lie about serious things, or to people I take seriously. If I am just driving around wasting HOURS and GAS doing nothing, and someone calls and says "what are you doing right now" most likely I will lie.

cordoncordon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi Iq why are you up? It's wayyy past your bedtime!

I see I missed out on the other dramatic iqqi thread..nice. I can say with 100% certainty that Iqqi is a woman, and a very beautiful one at that. Thats not sucking up to her or wanting to get in her iqqi pants, it just is what it is. So she is for sure not a troll and I think if people read her posts without male blinders on they just might learn a thing or two from a women's perspective.

Remember the old saying, "in order to defeat one's enemy, one must KNOW one's enemy." Or something. haha

That's all.

joekerr31

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lying is NOT always bad.

if im sheltering a bunch of jews and the nazis come and say 'do you have jews in there?" and i say "no, no jews."

then thats a good form of lying.

if my girl says 'did you like the supper i made for you?' and i say "ya it was good" but in reality it was cr*p, that's a good form of lying.

people who never lie end up with no relationships and would be total social outcasts.

when you go for a job interview and you say 'i would love to work for your company' when reality an honest answer would be 'i need to pay the bills and you'll do for now' - if you can't lie like that you'll never get the job.

everyone lies and anyone who says they dont is lying.

jophil28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
iqqi said:
I am well aware all people lie, but I'd like to focus on the reason men lie.

Discuss.
WHAT !
Men lie?
Where do you get this stuff ICKY ? Was this in the sunday papers ..the National Enquirer ... on CNN?
I deny it unequivocably. This is just another feminist creation to blacken our character . I am surpised that Oprah has not made this topic into a trumped up ,week long expose of the appalling state of mens' character so that women can remain in their long cherished position as innocent 'victim'..

iqqi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ThunderMaverick said:
Hm questions for you.
Fair enough...

ThunderMaverick said:
Were you really hurt by this lie?
I am pretty disturbed and for a few hours I was slightly... ok very... upset.

ThunderMaverick said:
Did it involved you?
Not directly. Only in the after math as it...

ThunderMaverick said:
Is this going to totally change the way you look at the person who lied to you?
Yes. But I am trying to understand it. Hence the thread.

ThunderMaverick said:
Edit: Or is it too soon in this thread for you to reveal it? =3
I think I am responding too much too soon, and not letting the thread progress naturally. I am going to try to stay away for a moment.

ThunderMaverick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm very naive when it comes to lies.

I grew up around liars so I try not to lie myself (as I've seen the horrible results of being caught in a lie) I mean I don't let people influence who I am and I try to take opinions with a grain of salt, but at the same time I wouldn't want to misrepresent who I am by lying. If someone calls me an *******, I want to agree with it. (most of the time I do) If someone makes a observation of me, I want to agree with them. (Most of the time it's accurate)

I just never wanted to put out the vibe that I was something I'm not.

At the same time though, I think people are like me (like you were saying) and at times I can be very gullible. I have the attitude of "I don't lie! Why would they?"

Very stupid of me at times. That's why I give everyone the benefit of the doubt and let their actions speak with time.

IPalindromeI

Don Juan
Reaction score
Why do people lie? Because after running a risk/benefit analysis on the given situation it is clear that they stand to lose more by being truthful than by lying.

ThunderMaverick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
cordoncordon said:
I can say with 100% certainty that Iqqi is a woman, and a very beautiful one at that.
Oh? You've SEEN what she looks like and I haven't?? You bastard.

She knows what I look like...piffft how unfair! I'm never showing my face to internet people again. You guys don't play fair!

I still want to see what Joekerr looks like too!

jophil28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
cordoncordon said:
Hi Iq why are you up? It's wayyy past your bedtime!

I see I missed out on the other dramatic iqqi thread..nice. I can say with 100% certainty that Iqqi is a woman, and a very beautiful one at that. Thats not sucking up to her or wanting to get in her iqqi pants, it just is what it is. So she is for sure not a troll and I think if people read her posts without male blinders on they just might learn a thing or two from a women's perspective.

Remember the old saying, "in order to defeat one's enemy, one must KNOW one's enemy." Or something. haha

That's all.
Hey Cordon X2 . I bet that you also subscribe to the notion that you should keep your ENEMIES close ...mmmm ?
Hey ICKY you feeling warmer and closer to Cordon after he called you "beautiful "... ?

iqqi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ThunderMaverick said:
I'm very naive when it comes to lies.

I grew up around liars so I try not to lie myself (as I've seen the horrible results of being caught in a lie) I mean I don't let people influence who I am and I try to take opinions with a grain of salt, but at the same time I wouldn't want to misrepresent who I am by lying.

At the same time though, I think people are like me (like you were saying) and at times I can be very gullible. I have the attitude of "I don't lie! Why would they?"

Very stupid of me at times. That's why I give everyone the benefit of the doubt and let their actions speak with time.
I completely resonate with this, we are the same in this way!!! I boldened my favorite parts, that I could have written myself. Don't you HATE feeling naive? At the same time, I know it is the "downfall" of being true. And... It is true, you do tend to think people are like you. Which makes me wonder about the people who see the world so negatively, by the way.

ThunderMaverick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
jophil28 said:

Ya we do. We lie for different reasons than women at times.

I don't think she was denying that women lie. We're not talking about women right now though.

ThunderMaverick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
iqqi said:
Don't you HATE feeling naive?
One lie I remember is coming back from a party. The host was a nice guy and one of my closer friends pulls me aside and says: "Dude, Edgar is gay. Can't you tell?"

I felt like such a blonde at the moment and said "Huh? Really?" as he listed all the evidence pointing towards the host's sexuality. "yeah I guess it does make sense." I finally said.

Then one of my other friends reminded me that the host and my other friend who made the gay accusation HATE each other's guts. I remember the host pulling a few women during the time I met him. He was definitely NOT gay.

Someone told me something and my mind just SHIFTED into their frame of truth, and at the same time the guy who made the accusation gets my validation because I believe him. The LIAR WINS!!

It's short lived though.

And yes, I do hate that part about myself. I'm surprised no one has gotten any money out of me yet.:p

iqqi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
jophil28 said:
Hey Cordon X2 . I bet that you also subscribe to the notion that you should keep your ENEMIES close ...mmmm ?
Hey ICKY you feeling warmer and closer to Cordon after he called you "beautiful "... ?
I don't consider Cordie to be an enemy. Do you think he considers ME one!?

Or is it that whole men vs. women thing.

Phyzzle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Have you seen this? Sums it up pretty well.