Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Why do women say they love funny guys even though they don’t?

Bigpapa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well everyone tells me I’m the funniest guy they’ve ever met. I constantly have girls around me laughing at a story I just told or a joke I just said. And the best part is probably the beta orbiters staring jealously at me from outside the circle, or laughing too to try to get in on some of the “action”. Gets me every time. I’m hoping it can only help, even if it sometimes only functions as a tiebreaker between hot guys? Also probably helps keep LTR’s as increases confidence and conversational skills?

Also, Moody: “What women say does not matter.” :)
if she is attracted to you , then she will laugh till her panties fell off

if she is not attracted to you , then you will be friendzoned

nothing can create attraction from thin air

nismo-4

Reaction score
From New Orleans, Louisiana to Atlanta, Georgia!!!
They like funny hot guys. Funny ugly guys get friend zoned or clown zoned.....unless they become a famous comedian.
Even then, you're reaching. To a point.

Kevin Hart and Chris Rock are famous comedians, same with Cedric the Entertainer. Without their fame and fortune, they'd be friendzoned. But now, I hope they're getting sex from these girls first. They're otherwise guys women would use to get their Verizon bill and rent paid, and get new furniture plus lingerie. Of course Chad and Tyrone will rip it off and destroy her body on the new furniture.

In2theGame

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Women love these "Funny" guys as entertainment. This has hardly anything to do with getting her wet. Similar to when a Woman says "Omg, he's so sweet!".... You know you're in beta male category lol

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
An observation I made a long time ago. I’ve seen WAY more guys with women that just sat there quiet, with a frown on their face that looked like they had the personality of a wet napkin.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Well everyone tells me I’m the funniest guy they’ve ever met. I constantly have girls around me laughing at a story I just told or a joke I just said. And the best part is probably the beta orbiters staring jealously at me from outside the circle, or laughing too to try to get in on some of the “action”. Gets me every time. I’m hoping it can only help, even if it sometimes only functions as a tiebreaker between hot guys? Also probably helps keep LTR’s as increases confidence and conversational skills?

Also, Moody: “What women say does not matter.” :)
OK great. But being funny in and of itself isn't going to get you far. It needs to be combined with other things like knowing how to emotionally connect with a woman, knowing how and when to escalate, knowing how to make them feel chemistry, displaying good body language, flirting with them properly, etc etc etc.

There are various things you have to do during interactions with women and on dates, simply just being funny isn't enough. If you need to do 4 things at a certain level during a date and being funny is one of them, doing that at a 500% level compared to the next guy does nothing for the other 3 things. If you are doing those at like 20-30% levels compared to other guys then you aren't likely to succeed.

So it has nothing to do with not liking funny guys, it has to do with needing more than a guy who is a one trick pony for them to feel attracted and interested.

BadBoy89

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
But do girls really value humor all that much in a guy?
I think there are 2 types of humour. Witty humour and Jokey humour. The witty humour is what most girls would be attracted to. Not for the humour itself, but for the man to be able to analyze the situation quickly and make a joke out of it. Think James Bond. He doesn’t go around cracking “jokes” like a comedian. He will take something a person says and spin it back on them, with a little humour.

Girls cannot say they like “tall, rich, ripped, handsome, famous guys.” It’s not a good look for them. So their default is “I like a funny guy.”
If the guy is not funny, he’s out. If the guy is funny, but tells one small offensive joke, he’s out. They’ve covered all the bases.

On another note, men, don’t believe anything a girl tells you. What she is telling you is half truths. It’s what you want to hear. It is to get you excited. It is to appeal to your emotions. Once she got you hooked, then act irrationally while she is logical and you will be cooked.

But I’m going off on a tangent...

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
An observation I made a long time ago. I’ve seen WAY more guys with women that just sat there quiet, with a frown on their face that looked like they had the personality of a wet napkin.
Yup. Most ONS pickups have a serious and “business-like” interaction/conversation. Contrary to PUA teaching, they usually don’t involve a guy telling a bunch of funny stories first.

The guy and girl almost appear a bit pissed off on the surface before they leave together, as if it’s going to be a “hate F” of sorts lol.

Last edited:

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Funny is awesome. You generate Lulz and she associated you with those feelings. Too much is dancing monkey.

IMHO evolutionary wise men used humor to test for crows feet and rotten eggs. No green eggs and ham.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yup. Most ONS pickups have a serious and “business-like” interaction/conversation. Contrary to PUA teaching, they usually don’t involve a guy telling a bunch of funny stories first.

The guy and girl almost appear a bit pissed off on the surface before they leave together, as if it’s going to be a “hate F” of sorts lol.
+1

There's a lot of tension and anxiety on her part. This is where I disagree with comfort in MM. Just enough to let her know she won't end up with her head on a stick will suffice.

Guy69JackBlue

Banned
Reaction score
+1

There's a lot of tension and anxiety on her part. This is where I disagree with comfort in MM. Just enough to let her know she won't end up with her head on a stick will suffice.
This is how it usually is for you?

Business like in a way?

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
+1

I find (the business-like thing) interesting because it’s so counterintuitive. Granted, you are dealing with two people that are probably tired, drunk and maybe even a bit moody due to a dry spell. On the surface, it can seem like they don’t even “like” each other that much, yet they are secretly “lusting” like crazy for what’s gonna happen later.

Humor is great. Nothing wrong with it. But if physical attraction is there, two people can definitely hit it off with a seemingly dry interaction too.

Last edited:

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is how it usually is for you?

Business like in a way?
There is a great deal of discomfort on her part. the experience of snl in pandemic with randoms isn't like the movies. After absurd amounts of experience, it's another day at the office. You disassociate from everything else regardless of the environment. Obviously be cognizant of the situation buy I really can't give a single ****. I shoot my shot. parents, bystanders , and everything else is irrelevant especially comfort.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I find (the business-like thing) interesting because it’s so counterintuitive. Granted, you are dealing with two people that are probably tired, drunk and maybe even a bit moody due to a dry spell. On the surface, it can seem like they don’t even “like” each other that much, yet they are secretly “lusting” like crazy for what’s gonna happen later.

Humor is great. Nothing wrong with it. But if physical attraction is there, two people can definitely hit it off with a seemingly dry interaction too.
Not sure where biz comes into it. Unless of course, I am so checked out and my biz/purpose is at the forefront of everything. Elon Musk is putting in sixty hour work weeks. Dude is trying to Teraform Mars. I don't have time for lmr or ambiguity. So in essence, there is a icy demeanor to approach that's entirely counter to comfort in MM. Beyond her knowing she won't end up in a Trunk of a car or head on a pike, I am not being cute about anything.

Icy as ****kkk ftw.

There is a point where a guy has a stick up his assistant and no fun to be around. This is not a good time.

Again fellas need to be cut throat. Become a mercenary. You can't be half a gangster. 99% are from the streets, only fans, *** dumpster. They get the hit and run treatment not my best work.

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Women like men with a sense of humor that can make them laugh: They don't like clowns.

If you are good at finding humor in things happening around you, women like this. But if you are delivering a standup comic act and think humor is pretending to be a goof-ball, that's not sexy.

If you ever saw any of their interviews.... Paul Rudd, Jason Bateman, = funny/sexy.

Carrot Top, Robin Williams, = Clown... not sexy.

If you are only funny when you are performing that isn't sexy. Sexy is being funny just being yourself.