Why do women prefer TALLER men?

Ronin I

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Humans seem to equate height with status.

I remember my freshman year of college I took an intro psychology class. It was a huge class and filled a large auditorium.

The professor was very charismatic, well-respected and he absoultely commanded the attention of everyone in the auditorium.

At the end of one of the lectures he asked several students to guess his height. As I remember most if not all of the guesses were in the 5' 10" - 6' 3" range.

In actuality he was only 5'8".

So basically his STATUS made him seem taller than he really was.

AKA FLEX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm 5'10" and my height has never hindered my DJ game.

At 6 feet you're two inches taller than I am; why are you even asking this question?

vdk

Don Juan
Reaction score
Im 5'9'' which means I dont stand out from the crowd.

6' is probably my ideal height however im already 19 and stopped growing. :(

strong like bull

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
imo women prefer taller men not because of height itself, but what it represents. most women say they want a tall, fit, strong man. that tall, manly guy represents protection. remember, when it comes to women its about feelings; not logic. its how you effect their emotions.

as a result, you can be 5'8" but give her the same feeling that a 6'3" linebacker does. if you can offer her the same sense of protection, youre just as good. thats where confidence and other "manly/desirable" traits come into play. and yeah, thats why weve all known guys who are 5'7" or "unattractive" , yet pull top shelf ***** and are an alpha male of the circle.

jlujan

Don Juan
Reaction score
Tall guys are overrated, they don't have the ability, the flexibility, the stamina, and the quickness to deal with a shorter man with similar power.

A Grand Dane might be bigger than a Pit Bull, but there is no doubt who is left standing at the end.

ultrashogun

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Tall guys have more endurance than short guys. Thats a fact. Anyway women want larger guys simply because small women associate small with "child" and not "father".
Anyway short guys often have an inferiority complex due to having been picked on during childhood.

~The_Chosen~

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's a social thing

Socialization, most women do prefer tall guys. Most celebrities are above average in height.

Women prefer men taller then them (of course)

As for the "tall guy" thing, it's been ingrained into their brains ever since they were young, "a dark tall man" and it's an impression thing.

Height isn't as important as **** size though.

I'm 5'7.5" and I still get chicks like crazy because i'm just so ****in damn confident, I have been with taller women before.

I'm telling you, if you're confident, women think you have a big **** and if you do....voila! who gives about height, it'll be out of the picture.

marqZAL

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I have another question! Why do women prefer big penis's? Forget the science of why...and just know its like that and thats the way it is!

diplomatic_lies

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You can appear tall. I seem to recall one of my friends, who I believed to be "taller" than me. Seems like he was the same height actually.

So in some cases, your personality can project a certain image.

And no, being buff doesn't make you stubby. The same friend is muscly, and he is far from stubby. Just don't get a military haircut and wear small shirts and you'll be ok.

baz

Don Juan
Reaction score
Being tall can backfire on you. I'm 6'6" possibly 6'7" (not trying to brag here) and combined with a fast metabolism I look very skinny (currently weigh 170-175lbs). Its also a ***** getting into any compact car.

marqZAL

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Tall guys have more endurance than short guys. Thats a fact
I have a question...why are some of the best marathon runners and middle distance runners short or average hieght? Where did u get your fact from???

jlujan

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by ultrashogun
Tall guys have more endurance than short guys.
Really? look at all endurance sports and show me one where tall men dominate? if you look at long distance running, triathlon, boxing, or other endurance sports, its obvious that smaller sized men dominate completely.

The few sports where large men dominate are usually sports that are very popular in nations where people are tall, like iceskating, but even in those sports the smaller men are staring to show the future, look at Derek Parra wiping his bvtt with all the huge europeans.

tamales

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Rrr.. for the record, my former Dj, the one that did and well, is trying to drive me crazy again is short. I was also one of those girls who said she preferred tall men. But I fell, hook line and sinker for this mini judo champion, pilot, attorney and engineer. Yup, talk about brains! Anyways, he is tops 5'4 and while I am not sure things will work out he did open my eyes.

As far as size, for me it really matters. Just goes to show a short fellow may have a huge *****! Sorry:) Blushing. But my former DJ had a huge one. Sort of scared me as he was a small little fella but you just never know. I say height has little to do with it, nor looks but size.. well, in my opinion you don't have to be huge but you better fit and fit tight.

JMO tho:)

PS As far as endurance, forget about it. (That wasn't nice to call you stupid, sorry:) My little fellow ****ed me and I mean hard for over three hours and could have gone on. He has more endurance and self control of any man I have ever met. ANd my former ex was 6'3. No way on that note. I think it goes on a case by case basis along with diet, exercise and heredity:)

Last edited:

Alpha King

Don Juan
Reaction score
there's an article on height in the NY times:
http://www.nytimes.com/2003/06/22/weekinreview/22ANGI.html

An interesting theory -- confidence/success etc. is more correlated with one's hieght relative to his peers when he was growing up than when he's an adult. So, guys who were short growing up but then hit growth spurts later still have a lingering lack of confidence when they're taller (because they were always picked on). On the other hand, guys who were tall when they were younger but then were lapped by other dudes when they were older still maintain a confident, dominant persona that they developed as kids.

Most tall guys were tall growing up so they've been ingrained with confidence and dominance.

Though most girls heavily prefer guys who are taller than themselves, you need not be much taller than a girl if you have the confidence. It's about attitude not altitude.

tamales

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
One note, that the reason I fell for this guy was that he had more confidence than any tall man I ever met. And no, not the jerky kind or a C&F attitude which I think many short men adopt. It left me intrigued. I honestly, think his being a national judo champion had something to do with it. Ah, martial arts:)

All in all I can agree with the tall man stereotype. But not in this case? Then again, I also know a guy who is white, anglo but has a melado (sp?) penis. Freaked me out! Long story.. An ex but he is also very confident but more on the assh&le side. Imagine growing up with a penis that is black and white spotted. Can't imagine and still to this day since it didn't work out with him, I wonder if kids picked on him in the locker room. Not to bash, I am not. I feel for the guy.

Too bad he was tiny in that department. JK but seriously, there are no rules and a short guy, tall guy, it all depends. AFC's come in all kinds, shapes and colors as well as DJ's. Attitude, yup, not altitude or length.. Although it's gotta fit. That point I won't budge on. Period.

Bubzeebub

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think, from responses I've been getting from others I've talked to recently, is that most women want a "tall" guy because it's common for the man to be taller than the female. For that reason women and some guys (not me of course) want to be in a situation where the man is taller than the woman.
I was also given the suggestion that that's why a lot of people shy away from interracial relationships.....they just want to fit in.

Whether that's the right way to think ...it's an individual call....but....it seems to make a lot of sense to me.

-Bub

Jay26

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score

akindofblue

Don Juan
Reaction score
look at all endurance sports and show me one where tall men dominate?
Swimming. A long wingspan with long legs makes for fewer strokes to get through the water. Tall men regularly take shorties to the house.

Ah, and the average height for an American male if 5'9". To the six-footer, you're well above average. I think you have to be about 6'2" before you tower, but you're in good shape.

Last edited: