"The Coffee Shop Girl You Never Spoke To"

You've replayed it a hundred times. She stood three feet away, scrolling her phone. You had an opening. You composed the perfect line — after she was gone.

For all you know, she's married now. To some guy who said something. Anything.

Openers are cheap. Almost any sentence works when it's delivered within three seconds. The expensive part is the standing there, drafting and deleting, while the window quietly closes.

The "22 Rules" stripped out my hesitation. What to open with, how to keep it alive, and the one habit that costs guys more women than anything else: waiting for perfect.

Read more...

Why do we love people?

LilKid

Don Juan
Joined
Mar 5, 2002
Messages
183
Reaction score
0
Location
Canada
The thing is, I'm having the hardest time getting over my oneitis. OK. But the thing is, I don't know why I love her. If I don't know why, I can't put it right.

So the question is, why do we love people? .. or why do we *think* we love them? (Infatuation)

I have never been so down in all my life, but the reason I'm down is not because I can't have her, but because I don't know why I want her.
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Swain

Don Juan
Joined
Jun 27, 2004
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
I know what you mean. It's even more odd the way it comes and goes. One morning you wake up and love someone for no reason why, and you wake up the next morning not liking her anymore.
 

Slimijs

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Nov 20, 2003
Messages
234
Reaction score
0
Age
39
Location
in a great place
Why do you think we love people? Do you think we suddenly meet a person and fall in love with him immediatly?

Hell no!

The process of 'falling in love' happens later. When we are alone in our room or whatever, and we think about the person we just had the date with. Suddenly we seem more attracted to him and *surprise* fall in love with him. But that's more oneitis then love, so beware.
 

ZeeK

Don Juan
Joined
Jul 4, 2004
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
Age
38
Location
Singapore
C'mon... You must be wanting that person for sexual desires right? That's infactuation man...
You know if it's true love when the time comes
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

LilKid

Don Juan
Joined
Mar 5, 2002
Messages
183
Reaction score
0
Location
Canada
re

yes, part of it is sexual desires, but i like her for her, but don't know why, my head is so ****ed at the moment
 

gav

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 5, 2004
Messages
1,128
Reaction score
3
i know what you mean

if it was pure lust, you would feel exactly the same for countless other women

because it's love, you will feel like your personalities click while your sexual attraction is high as well.

try reading some of those oneitis posts - the legendary ones. i've heard many good reviews about them.
 
Top