Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Why do so many PUAs/pickup gurus come out of Canada?

Jesse Pinkman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
RSD Nation's Owen Cook or Mystery himself. I was wondering what it is about Canada to where it is so prominent as a country in the game community. These days, Incel Forums and Incel communities seem to be overrun with guys who are in Canada.

What is it about Canada compared to the US, Australia, and other Anglo Countries to where it produces so many pickup guys and incels?

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Too cold during the winter to get out results in too much time to over analyze! haha

CornbreadFed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Some will claim feminism, but feminism is everywhere. I think because Toronto is the only city similar to western society, so it is concentrated in there. Vancouver is just Hong Kong across the ocean, Montreal is French, and the prairie cities aren’t that big in population.

Peaks&Valleys

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
People in Canada are told by their leaders that saying the word Mankind is bad because it has the word Man in it.

Just a guess but stuff like that might have something to do with it.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
RSD Nation's Owen Cook or Mystery himself. I was wondering what it is about Canada to where it is so prominent as a country in the game community. These days, Incel Forums and Incel communities seem to be overrun with guys who are in Canada.

What is it about Canada compared to the US, Australia, and other Anglo Countries to where it produces so many pickup guys and incels?
That's old school.

Mate, new school is Austen Summers, Vidim honest signalz among others. Owen Cook is from Kingston.

Alternatively, you got the London day game model and tons of girls coming out of there too. My take is that, certain areas promote the acceleration of game because of the culture and environment.

Nice observation.

mikedee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Some will claim feminism, but feminism is everywhere. I think because Toronto is the only city similar to western society, so it is concentrated in there. Vancouver is just Hong Kong across the ocean, Montreal is French, and the prairie cities aren’t that big in population.
"Montreal is French", yes, 20 years ago... English is taking over because of immigration (especially from other provinces of Canada). Canada is woke, Quebec is becoming woke too. I'm from Montreal, I know what I'm talking about. I'm glad that I left, I can't live there anymore.

CornbreadFed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"Montreal is French", yes, 20 years ago... English is taking over because of immigration (especially from other provinces of Canada). Canada is woke, Quebec is becoming woke too. I'm from Montreal, I know what I'm talking about. I'm glad that I left, I can't live there anymore.
Everywhere is woke dude. My point is that Toronto is the only real large city in Canada that can have your typical anglo wokeism environment thrive.

mikedee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Everywhere is woke dude. My point is that Toronto is the only real large city in Canada that can have your typical anglo wokeism environment thrive.
Not everywhere, not in Russia (where I lived) and not in the Czech Republic where I moved.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Because this is typical quality for Canadian chicks:

big red.jpg

side note: That last pic shows that she could take even the mushroomest of mushrooms. :eek:

Jesse Pinkman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Canada (and in particular Toronto) has a very strange dating culture. Many women are very feminist/progressive...while also being bigtime prudes. Basically, the worst of both worlds.
I wonder what led to that, was it always like this? I guess the cold weather plays a role for sure but what else could have done it to make Canadian women that insufferable? My theory is that they felt overlooked compared to women elsewhere in the world and had to compensate in a big way.

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I wonder what led to that, was it always like this? I guess the cold weather plays a role for sure but what else could have done it to make Canadian women that insufferable? My theory is that they felt overlooked compared to women elsewhere in the world and had to compensate in a big way.
For a very long time and until fairly recently, Toronto was very WASP-y, traditional and basically a bastion of Victorian morality (this part of Canada was originally settled by the Loyalists who fled the U.S. after the American Revolution). The city's nickname used to be "Toronto the Good". Alcohol sales were strictly regulated (you had to have a license to buy booze), gambling was almost entirely prohibited, you weren't allowed to operate a business on Sundays, the Toronto Police had a "morality squad" that would raid strip clubs and other establishments, etc.

This all changed almost overnight in the late 80's/early 90's, as the city became extremely liberal, pro-gay and ethnically divers. But one cultural aspect that didn't undergo a massive transformation was female prudishness. It's like a hangover form the Victorian era that still exists to this day. In this respect, Toronto is noticeably different from the U.S. and even some other parts of Canada. Women in Toronto tend to be very guarded and love to complain about men being "creeps".

Jesse Pinkman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For a very long time and until fairly recently, Toronto was very WASP-y, traditional and basically a bastion of Victorian morality (this part of Canada was originally settled by the Loyalists who fled the U.S. after the American Revolution). The city's nickname used to be "Toronto the Good". Alcohol sales were strictly regulated (you had to have a license to buy booze), gambling was almost entirely prohibited, you weren't allowed to operate a business on Sundays, the Toronto Police had a "morality squad" that would raid strip clubs and other establishments, etc.

This all changed almost overnight in the late 80's/early 90's, as the city became extremely liberal, pro-gay and ethnically divers. But one cultural aspect that didn't undergo a massive transformation was female prudishness. It's like a hangover form the Victorian era that still exists to this day. In this respect, Toronto is noticeably different from the U.S. and even some other parts of Canada. Women in Toronto tend to be very guarded and love to complain about men being "creeps".
So that is shedding light on things a good amount. As an American, I guess I was always closed off to Canada. The only things I saw or read about Canada were nice things such as how it is America except you can leave your doors unlocked at night. The stereotype was that Canadians are always nice. Women wise, I assumed that this meant Canadian women would be more pleasant than American women.

It was not until I started interacting with Canadians that I realized that man, a lot of are not the nicest to put it mildly. You all seem to have this pent up rage that you bottle up with a smile and are passive-aggressive as they come. Not you per se or even most Canadians but certain a Toronto thing, Vancouver does not seem to be much better though.

Does shed a lot of light on what is going on and what is uniquely wrong with Toronto's culture. I have noticed a lot of sex shaming in people from there.

Millard Fillmore

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Most Canadians I have met are super friendly and easy going, and the women have always been chill and love to party and ready to get down. They weren't all from Toronto though. And I didn't meet them in Canada so it may have been the travel/vacation effect.

CornbreadFed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It was not until I started interacting with Canadians that I realized that man, a lot of are not the nicest to put it mildly. You all seem to have this pent up rage that you bottle up with a smile and are passive-aggressive as they come. Not you per se or even most Canadians but certain a Toronto thing, Vancouver does not seem to be much better though.
this sounds like southern Americans & Texans actually

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I wound't say pent up rage, more like insecurity. Canada is safe and prosperous but it's not a real country. It has no distinct culture, no influence on the international stage, no history except as a British colony and later an American client state. In fact, it is still effectively an American client state. We have no real military and no ability to protect this vast but sparsely populated land. So instead, we rely on the U.S. to guarantee our security. Still, Canadians love to b!tch about Americans and act like we are superior...like a spoiled child complaining about his parents. And then you have people in Toronto who like to pretend they live in a "world class city" and compare it to new York (even though it's noting like NYC).

One thing that I like about Americans is that even though they may be some of the most ignorant and poorly educated people in the developed world, at least they don't have this insecurity about who they are. They are not trying to measure up to the British or the French or anyone else. And they don't care what the rest of the world thinks about them. If the rest of the world disappeared tomorrow, most Americans probably wound't even notice.

Last edited:

Jesse Pinkman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I wound't say pent up rage, more like insecurity. Canada is safe and prosperous but it's not a real country. It has no distinct culture, no influence on the international stage, no history except as a British colony and later an American client state. In fact, it is still effectively an American client state. We have no real military and no ability to protect this vast but sparsely populated land. So instead, we rely on the U.S. to guarantee our security. Still, Canadians love to b!tch about Americans and act like we are superior...like a spoiled child complaining about his parents. And then you have people in Toronto who like to pretend they live in a "world class city" and compare it to new York (even though it's noting like NYC).

One thing that I like about Americans is that even though they may be some of the most ignorant and poorly educated people in the developed world, at least they don't have this insecurity about who they are. They are not trying to measure up to the British or the French or anyone else. And they don't care what the rest of the world thinks about them. If the rest of the world disappeared tomorrow, most Americans probably wound't even notice.
Oh man, that is just so much of it, the insecurity that comes from an inferiority complex. TBH, being from Atlanta, we have that too. It has cooled off in recent years as Atlanta has stolen the film industry from LA, long after stealing Hip Hop from NYC and being the top city for both now. However, there is this complex people there have where they are tired of being grouped in as a southern city and want to be seen as more sophisticated so they act more bougee and stuck up.

I mean that just explains so much of human nature and certain environments. I speak about my time in NYC where people in Manhattan were relatively cool and approachable. However, as soon as you got to Jersey and Long Island, you ran into nothing but rude, condescending, disrespectful, and inconsiderate psychos. For a while I wondered why that was but then it started to make sense.

Now you describe Toronto as you do and it makes so much sense to me. I have always seen that whether it is from celebs from Toronto like Bieber and Drake or just dudes from there. I remember that famous Mike Tyson interview where the Toronto anchor pissed Mike Tyson off on purpose.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Toronto is one of the worst mating environments in North America. I am in a very competitive mating market and I think Toronto is far worse than where I am.

Canada (and in particular Toronto) has a very strange dating culture. Many women are very feminist/progressive...while also being bigtime prudes. Basically, the worst of both worlds.
The worst of both worlds is the biggest problem with Canadian dating culture and Toronto is likely the worst in Canada.

Some of the worst mating environments in the United States are strongly feminist and progressive. These cities include:

Austin, TX (#4 on the Millennial Bachelor list of most competitive dating markets -- see below)
San Francisco, CA
Seattle, WA
Portland, OR
Washington DC (DC is filled with careerist women and women with advanced degrees in government jobs)

These 5 US cities and Toronto are bad places for trying to get your penis wet and retain your sanity.