Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Why do so many guys 35+ not take care of themselves

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Because staying in shape takes hard work. The older you get, the lower the margin for error becomes and the harder you have to work for the same result.

Testosterone levels decrease, the body starts breaking down far quicker than it used to with constant nagging injuries and they get comfortable in their relationship, job and life and no longer "have time" for the gym or to cook meals for themselves or stay on track with their nutrition.

Basically it is no longer a priority in their life, of it ever was to being with.

Also, if they never really worked out, it's around now that they will start packing on pounds due to the above mentioned changes. Then the more weight they add, the easier it becomes to continue adding due to a negative feedback loop fat cells create in the body.

Stoic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So to answer this, a ton of other priorities get in the way. Most of which is earning.

Having some broad wink at me in the street, great though it is, isn’t really top of the agenda. I’m married and have a child. These women aren’t going to want to bang me on the side and neither would I want to. Well, I’d want to, but I wouldn’t. Family is the priority.

The other point worth noting, when I’ve been up since 5am on a Sunday sorting things out, and I nip to the shops to get something, I really couldn’t give a toss. Am I really showering, putting on a suit to go to Tesco? For what reason? I look pretty dapper going to work, I never skimp on suits or shoes. If I’m out to a social function ditto.

My assumption is that anyone asking that question doesn’t have kids+demanding career.

I often look like a tramp. I don’t even trim my beard unless there’s a reason. Joggers with curry stains, I don’t care.
I get where you are coming from. I’ve been married. I have a kid.

I will just say this. Looking important is being respectful to others because others people have to look at you! It’s also a matter of having respect for yourself

I fly a lot. I think it’s a bit ludicrous to show up on a plane in crocs, sweat pants and a hoodie but I see men and women dress all the time like this.

it’s disingenuous (not saying you necessarily) to say we shouldn’t care what others think of our dress. Of course we do. Why do we dress professionally for work? Why do we dress well for a wedding? We do it because we care how we look and how others see us.

I am dating a girl. I want her to look and dress nice when we go out. It’s disrespecting me if she goes out looking like a slob. Thankfully she does dress well and it’s not an issue.

Finally, do an experiment. Dress well when you go about your business. Another day, dress slovenly when you do the same. Honestly how do you feel about yourself and how do you act in the two different ways of dressing. How do others treat you in each scenario?

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Europeans must visit the US and say "Wow, Americans look like s**t! LOL
Actually, we do that with the Americans who come over to Europe. :cool:

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I see it every time I go out (usually shopping for groceries, malls, etc).

Men 15 to 50 lbs overweight, male pattern baldness (going bald and not shaving head) and dressed like bums (e.g. hoodies, jogging pants, old beat up shirts)

Don't these guys want to look attractive to attractive women? Doesn't it bother them they are invisible to attractive women? It absolutely blows my mind!

I don't think it's just me, but getting positive attention from an attractive woman is an amazing, wonderful feeling.

I am also in Central NJ. I am sure it is different in major metropolitan areas and in mainland Europe.

Europeans must visit the US and say "Wow, Americans look like s**t! LOL
I've noticed this lately and it makes me realize that if you are a man in his 30s and still look good your SMV will be quite high because you still have your youthful vigor/vibrance but the financial security/wisdom/maturity of an adult man (lets face it, modern men in their 20s are not men).

As far as why, I personally believe it's because their bad habits from their 20s finally caught up with them and they did not continually grow and adapt. Another reason is because they work soul-crushing jobs that completely zaps all their energy and leaves them with no room for taking care of themselves.

Last edited:

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

I will just say this. Looking important is being respectful to others because others people have to look at you! It’s also a matter of having respect for yourself

I fly a lot. I think it’s a bit ludicrous to show up on a plane in crocs, sweat pants and a hoodie but I see men and women dress all the time like this.

it’s disingenuous (not saying you necessarily) to say we shouldn’t care what others think of our dress. Of course we do. Why do we dress professionally for work? Why do we dress well for a wedding? We do it because we care how we look and how others see us.

I am dating a girl. I want her to look and dress nice when we go out. It’s disrespecting me if she goes out looking like a slob. Thankfully she does dress well and it’s not an issue.

Finally, do an experiment. Dress well when you go about your business. Another day, dress slovenly when you do the same. Honestly how do you feel about yourself and how do you act in the two different ways of dressing. How do others treat you in each scenario?
This post made me realize I take for granted my own position in terms of dress, I always wear dress clothes or sport, I can't remember the last time I wore a pair of jeans, probably 15 years ago.

After doing sales I just always retained dress wear

Velasco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've noticed this lately and it makes me realize that if you are a man in his 30s and still look good your SMV will be quite high because you still have your youthful vigor/vibrance but the financial security/wisdom/maturity of an adult man (lets face it, modern men in their 20s are not men).
Agree with this. Made a similar comment here
As far as why, I personally believe it's because their bad habits from their 20s finally caught up with them and they did not continually grow and adapt. Another reason is because they work soul-crushing jobs that completely zaps all their energy and leaves them with no room for taking care of themselves.
But I don't think it's this. More the case that they don't keep up with what's going on with what's in now and what's outdated.

Like the fact that you see so many 30+ year olds still rocking skinny jeans unaware how dumb they look

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Agree with this. Made a similar comment here

But I don't think it's this. More the case that they don't keep up with what's going on with what's in now and what's outdated.

Like the fact that you see so many 30+ year olds still rocking skinny jeans unaware how dumb they look
The fashion thing is one thing but the fact that most men become fatter, inflammed, bloated, metabolically unhealthy, and start losing their hair (without even trying to fix it) makes me think they're just utterly defeated in life.

Fruitbat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

hey sweats are perfect for a flight. Especially with young kids, dark coloured prefereably as they will be messy. Plus it’s comfortable.

smart sports wear for me, nice comfy trainers. Lots of pockets.

Ameteur!

Goten

Reaction score
Good point about some men never experiencing that to begin with.

As for very few men being physically attractive, I would disagree. Yes, there are less strikingly handsome model looking men than there are women. However, there are still plenty of "normal" attractive looking men (at least under 35). I am talking equivalent to a HB 6.5 to 7.5 female.

I am 46. I am tall, physically fit, full head of hair. My facial aesthetics lean towards the average, but I would give myself a 7 or 7.5. This is especially true since many of my peers are overweight or losing their hair.
A lot of these supposed "model looking women" don't look like that in real life without makeup, filters, angles, etc.

All_Kindz_Of_Gainz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Last night I was in a huge place where they have several games to play with people. Bro look at the pic, I'm 5'6" 170lb, 34 yo , there was no guy more jacked than me, taller? Sure, but they were dress like fvcking slobs, big gut, fat as fvck. I felt like a fvcking king and I was a fat fvck 5 years ago. People prefer to blame others for their misery than do the actual work.

Attachments

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Biggest cope so far is the " we're busy "argument.

Mem dont realize that 35 is the ABSOLUTE prime of a man's life. You can easily become 80 ,assuming that they'll invent all kinds of medicines and stuff that will make us live longer.

Despite that, most men simply are weaklings. Just saw video that " men(30+) dont wanna work amd play COD all day on welfare because boohoo women dont want them. GTFO please!!

If you need the most fickle and insecure creature on planet earth to motivate YOU to create, chase and follow some goals then you dont deserve NOTHING.

Women dont fecking need men to be "motivated " to have fun, eat well, travel , ect ect ect. In the past, most of these weaklings would've died a swift death by a Alpha's spear or sword , or they would've die a stupidity type of death. Now we are stuck with them...

Most men need to...man the F up

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
Pedrito! I've always thought that might be you. ;)

Welcome back chiquitiko.

Last night I was in a huge place where they have several games to play with people. Bro look at the pic, I'm 5'6" 170lb, 34 yo , there was no guy more jacked than me, taller? Sure, but they were dress like fvcking slobs, big gut, fat as fvck. I felt like a fvcking king and I was a fat fvck 5 years ago. People prefer to blame others for their misery than do the actual work.

Krueg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You know 9/10 I try to dress decent. But I'll tell you what.. after working 11 days straight 10-12hrs a day and I get one day off. If I wanna go to grocery store in my sweats; what does it matter to anybody else? Maybe I'm not trying to seek attention, impress somebody or meet some Ho!

On the other hand I agree with what you say, alot of people are lazy and just dont care like they use to :(

Fortune_favors_the_bold

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I believe there are two reasons where the first one is about them and the second is about local women.

1)By age 35 they realize their ceiling/league in the sexual market place and most of them have been living an endless dry spells therefore nothing will change if they let themselves go given that their best attempts for two decades didnt work either.

2)The women around them, especially those accessible to them are of no interest even when they make themselves available wheter it's a matter of looks, personality or simply high maintenance/ bad cost-benefit ratio.

When I live in south Europe I often walk in jeans and a tank-top without shaving or fixing my hair for weeks...very few goodlooking women and most of them have standards higher than what I can provide.

When I live in northern or eastern Europe I'm well groomed and well dressed cause the women around me look attractive enough to me and the success score is decent.

Also keep in mind that guys that didnt get laid or validated in their 20s, often make a point of leaving the dating market since they are not interested in joining the party later but pay as if they were the first.

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't these guys want to look attractive to attractive women? Doesn't it bother them they are invisible to attractive women? It absolutely blows my mind!
I don't get why you don't understand that it's not just men who give up after 35. Most women over 35 also stop taking care of themselves.

And who cares? If more men look like sh!t, anyone who grooms himself a little will become more attractive. Win-Win.