"Nervous Around Beautiful Women? There's a Rule for That"

I could talk to any woman I wasn't attracted to. Charming, funny, relaxed. Then a gorgeous woman looked my way and I'd become a sweating, babbling mess.

The fix took me years to find and ten minutes to learn. Nervousness and excitement are the same physical state — pounding heart, adrenaline, flushed face. Your brain just picks the label. And you can pick a better one.

Rule 16 shows you how. You feel the nerves, relabel them as excitement, and let that energy pour out as enthusiasm. Women notice the guy radiating it. They always do.

Read more...

Why do I keep getting Oneitis for every Girl I date?

Georgepithyou

Banned
Joined
Jan 17, 2020
Messages
1,777
Reaction score
2,213
Age
30
Location
Sydney
I start dating a girl, sje seems nice and i always begin to fall for a girl too easly then eventually i find out the hard way that she wasn't all that special.

But everytime i keep falling into this trap thinking the next girl is special.

Why do I keep getting Oneitis and how can i get rid of it?
 

“The 22 Rules That Flip the Script With Women… And How You Can Use Them Tonight”

Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.

Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers.  Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.

I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.

Read more...

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 27, 2015
Messages
17,586
Reaction score
11,948
Location
DFW, TX
I start dating a girl, sje seems nice and i always begin to fall for a girl too easly then eventually i find out the hard way that she wasn't all that special.

But everytime i keep falling into this trap thinking the next girl is special.

Why do I keep getting Oneitis and how can i get rid of it?
What made them not special?
 

HyenaPrince

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 27, 2020
Messages
579
Reaction score
815
You're romanticizing and idealizing her. You have a strong image in your head about how a relationship should be. And after you see some of her positive qualities your ideals cloud your perception. She can't be imperfect, right? Wrong! She sh*ts, sleeps and sweats like anybody else.

Men tend to be romantics that demand unconditional love, because we are basically able to give unconditional love as long as we find a woman physically attractive.

They don't work like that. Remind yourself of that fact and you'll be moving closer to the truth.
 

Nik W

New Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2020
Messages
9
Reaction score
13
Age
46
Stop looking at women like they’re special. Truth be told they only provide their bodies for intimacy. Most bring nothing to the table except their bodies.

Spin more plates. Talk to more women at once. There you will realize they’re not special.
 

corrector

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 12, 2009
Messages
10,391
Reaction score
4,058
There is nothing wrong with that. Just keep dating.
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

Black Widow Void

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 24, 2010
Messages
2,153
Reaction score
3,796
For many years, I went through the "yeah, but she's different/better" phase. And once that 'haze' has dissipated, it's a little self-humiliating.

Here's my theory: We've all heard the phrase "beer goggles" but there's a another goggle set that's just as powerful. Within our own body (and without the aid of outside chemicals) we produce a chemical known as dopamine. And under certain conditions, we get these dopamine spikes. This stuff is rather powerful and no differently than alcohol, our focus and rationality can become dulled.

Similar to panning for gold, I think that most of us would like to find that special and valued "nugget" of a girl. Because this desire/quest is in our mindset, there's a bit of a 'body rush' when we think that we've 'struck.' And then after coming off the 'high' we are faced with the reality of this 'treasure' being just "fools gold."
 

JayAce

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jul 13, 2017
Messages
259
Reaction score
245
Age
38
Stop looking at women like they’re special. Truth be told they only provide their bodies for intimacy. Most bring nothing to the table except their bodies.

Spin more plates. Talk to more women at once. There you will realize they’re not special.
this is true

a lot actually bring less than nothing to the table. anxiety issues, extreme leftism, finance strain, etc
 

JayAce

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jul 13, 2017
Messages
259
Reaction score
245
Age
38
I’ve gotten to a point where I just get tired so quickly after getting to know a woman a little more. It usually doesn’t take very long to see most of them all have the same issues.

At least in the age group I usually date around in: 23-32.

Some women are drop dead gorgeous physically, but I’ve gotten to a point where I’m like “so?”. It’s not worth the effort in most cases.

its 98.7% always the same baggage with all of them
 

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 27, 2015
Messages
17,586
Reaction score
11,948
Location
DFW, TX
this is true

a lot actually bring less than nothing to the table. anxiety issues, extreme leftism, finance strain, etc
I’ve gotten to a point where I just get tired so quickly after getting to know a woman a little more. It usually doesn’t take very long to see most of them all have the same issues.

At least in the age group I usually date around in: 23-32.

Some women are drop dead gorgeous physically, but I’ve gotten to a point where I’m like “so?”. It’s not worth the effort in most cases.

its 98.7% always the same baggage with all of them
So what are your rules and your process?
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

derby1

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 10, 2017
Messages
3,244
Reaction score
3,403
I remember when i first joined Sosuave I was a complete rookie, 4 years back.

I managed to get two hot bod 8+ out, I had already sold myself the american dream. on these "gorgeous" women

I got analysis paralysis but hid it well, then something magical happened right at the table, these women showed me they were nothing more than low "4's with drama".......

my Beta died there and then, and i suddenly started qualifying them out of nowhere. as they repulsed me anyway.

the dynamics shifted on the date and they started to seek my approval
 

HyenaPrince

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 27, 2020
Messages
579
Reaction score
815
I’ve gotten to a point where I just get tired so quickly after getting to know a woman a little more. It usually doesn’t take very long to see most of them all have the same issues.

At least in the age group I usually date around in: 23-32.

Some women are drop dead gorgeous physically, but I’ve gotten to a point where I’m like “so?”. It’s not worth the effort in most cases.

its 98.7% always the same baggage with all of them
Facts.
 

Jack12345

Banned
Joined
Jan 20, 2020
Messages
752
Reaction score
428
What made them not special?
I think it has to do something with the stress before meeting a new girl and then realize shes just a regular person, with her fcks and problems as well, some of the you wouldn't even like. You so wanna make impression that you forget it and thinks shes perfect, and while she is in the center of your mind you are probably taking a little part of hers.
 

HyenaPrince

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 27, 2020
Messages
579
Reaction score
815
I think it has to do something with the stress before meeting a new girl and then realize shes just a regular person, with her fcks and problems as well, some of the you wouldn't even like. You so wanna make impression that you forget it and thinks shes perfect, and while she is in the center of your mind you are probably taking a little part of hers.
Women usually lose their spark after you talk to them for a small amount of time. It's not hard to see through their facade. They are also nervous and hype themselves up before they get out the door. Pay attention to her facial expressions when she deals with other people during your date. Waiters and waitresses, cashiers or cleaning staff at the facility you're hanging out; how does she treat people in general or behave towards them? No one can keep the perfect role going forever. This should give you a glimpse of her mortality and humanity and therefore quickly deglorify her.
 

JayAce

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jul 13, 2017
Messages
259
Reaction score
245
Age
38
So what are your rules and your process?
I don’t have very strict rules or a process at the moment or the last few years when it comes to women, honestly. meeting some through social circle, meeting some online (not in the last year though), a couple cold approaches. If that’s what you meant by rules and process.

my bare preferences in a woman is I find her physically attractive, couple common interests, she has a job and is able to support herself

but the last 2-3 years I’ve been in that “whatever” phase in regards to women. “If I actually meet a “unicorn” or one of the rare ones... yes I’ll give her a shot”, but that hasn’t happened yet. And that’s also okay. That may never happen. And I’ve come to peace with that. Because at the end of the day it’s me who I need to look after. My health, my career, my hobbies, family, friends, etc.

but at this point in my life and having dated a lot of women (some casually/some seriously/a lot of flings)... I don’t waste any time anymore on ones with obvious red flags.

something I did a lot in my early to mid 20s. I cringe looking back
 
Last edited:

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 27, 2015
Messages
17,586
Reaction score
11,948
Location
DFW, TX
I think it has to do something with the stress before meeting a new girl and then realize shes just a regular person, with her fcks and problems as well, some of the you wouldn't even like. You so wanna make impression that you forget it and thinks shes perfect, and while she is in the center of your mind you are probably taking a little part of hers.
Some guy is closer to the center of her mind. Why not you?
 

Jack12345

Banned
Joined
Jan 20, 2020
Messages
752
Reaction score
428
Some guy is closer to the center of her mind. Why not you?
I know this is a phase I going through right now. Only after I did confront my family I realized how delusional my entire view of women was. I actually dont believe I have a oneitis fantasies any more.. that doesnt mean I can approach a girl and be natural, but less depressive, less dependent, less fake, less toxic and more positive and motivated
 

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 27, 2015
Messages
17,586
Reaction score
11,948
Location
DFW, TX
I know this is a phase I going through right now. Only after I did confront my family I realized how delusional my entire view of women was. I actually dont believe I have a oneitis fantasies any more.. that doesnt mean I can approach a girl and be natural, but less depressive, less dependent, less fake, less toxic and more positive and motivated
Yep women have their own view and their own world.
 

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 26, 2017
Messages
3,069
Reaction score
3,889
Age
53
I'm gonna go slightly against the grain here. If you're looking for anything more than a plate but more for a LTR, there is nothing wrong with putting focus, effort, investment on a gal but obviously showing her too much too soon will get you in trouble. It's the natural course of dating to do that and see where things fall.
It will not work out 100% everytime and that's why it's considered dating. There is no absolute or guaranteed outcomes but at least you should feel good that you did everything right on your end and that you can sleep peacefully at the end of the day.

Just don't let it cloud your judgement and unfortunately, we have to keep things internal to ourselves for the most part. I know you're the type that probably wants to see the good in everyone and give people the benefit of the doubt.

One thing also NOT to do is to create premature perception of how you see her in idealistic way rather than getting to know how she really is over the course of time. I see a lot of guys that get into this gaze on how they envision a girl to be and therefore increasing their own emotional investment from the first few dates without actually getting to know how she really is over a longer course of time.
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

Top