Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Why are people so reluctant to rethink the way they think?

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
A man is basically from either one of 4 categorised personalities; the social, the nerd, the doer and the motivator.

What works for 1 personality doesn't work for the other.

Which is why ur friend might not be able to comprehend what you told him and dismiss it outright.

You might be the motivator but ur friend might be the doer and thinks u r full of shiet whilst if u hv a nerd friend he would digest ur information and even ask for an explanation plus will perhaps even come out with an even better theory to counter yours.

IKO69

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You'll discover as you get older most people really do not change, even if they are "wrong". It is a huge shock to be told, and then to accept and want to go in a different direction.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You'll discover as you get older most people really do not change, even if they are "wrong". It is a huge shock to be told, and then to accept and want to go in a different direction.
Show them, don't tell them. They still won't process it. It's okay.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Telling me things are different now. There are no opportunities now. Life is much harder for someone starting out now.
Funny you say that, because I remember thinking that myself back when I was starting out. There were gas lines and recessions in the 70s before things got better in the 80s. Of course my parents grew up in the depression, so I had my gall thinking things were bad for me lol.

Even if things are harder for people starting out now, the successful people will do what it takes to succeed, while the losers sit back and make excuses.

It sounds like maybe people were reacting to things the OP had said in the past, maybe his entire general philosophy, rather than just his "Control what you can control" statement. I wasn't there though, so that's just a guess.

IKO69

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Funny you say that, because I remember thinking that myself back when I was starting out. There were gas lines and recessions in the 70s before things got better in the 80s. Of course my parents grew up in the depression, so I had my gall thinking things were bad for me lol.

Even if things are harder for people starting out now, the successful people will do what it takes to succeed, while the losers sit back and make excuses.

It sounds like maybe people were reacting to things the OP had said in the past, maybe his entire general philosophy, rather than just his "Control what you can control" statement. I wasn't there though, so that's just a guess.
I would like this post a hundred times if I could. What kind of bull**** is that, things are harder now than it used to be? They are only as hard as you allow them to be. You can starting today take one step in the right direction no matter what your predicament is (unless you are in prison). Will that first step be a huge stride? Initially most likely not, but as you chip away little by little things will get better. People ultimately decide to CHOOSE not to, throws their hands up in the air and wallow in misery because they are content to do nothing. If you are content to do nothing, guess what life will reward you with nothing. The right path is supposed HARD - nothing worthwhile is ever supposed to be easy. You can radically change your life if you do the right things within a couple of years - whether you got the discipline and ambition to do so only you know. Nothing of worth that is said on here can ever help someone who has already given up and decided to be a victim of life.

R.U.G.

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would like this post a hundred times if I could. What kind of bull**** is that, things are harder now than it used to be? They are only as hard as you allow them to be. You can starting today take one step in the right direction no matter what your predicament is (unless you are in prison). Will that first step be a huge stride? Initially most likely not, but as you chip away little by little things will get better. People ultimately decide to CHOOSE not to, throws their hands up in the air and wallow in misery because they are content to do nothing. If you are content to do nothing, guess what life will reward you with nothing. The right path is supposed HARD - nothing worthwhile is ever supposed to be easy. You can radically change your life if you do the right things within a couple of years - whether you got the discipline and ambition to do so only you know. Nothing of worth that is said on here can ever help someone who has already given up and decided to be a victim of life.
Listen, I never said that, I am told that by others; friends, family and colleagues. Most (white) people born late 1970s and later never really had to work for things. They had a safety net (parents, welfare, etc). I can only speak for myself, but I started my 1st business in my teens on the side, and I've continued to innovate. I even dropped out of college for a bit to pursue building my company. 16+ hour days for years. Even in my family, my siblings were all helped by our parents. Me, not so much. I guess I'm the red headed step child. LOL. In retrospect, it probably helped make me the man I am today... Reliant on no one but myself. I have people relying on me, not the other way around. People are too coddled these days. If life is not hard, it is not worth it. Nothing easy comes in life unless your family is insanely wealthy or you're royalty.

People watch the rappers (men) and the Kardashians or Instagram models (women) and think life is supposed to be like that. Well, life is generally not scripted like a show from Ryan Seacrest Productions. Life for most is hard. It's been like that for hundreds, if not thousands of years. However, the last 30 years or so, many have been shielded from the realities of life. This is the problem. That and laziness.

Lazy and success are oxymorons. You cannot have both, select one. A lot nowadays select the first option, then b!tch and moan about how hard life is. I see it every day from men who work for me who are taken advantaged of by women and family. If you want to be successful in life, you need to take it by the horn, take chances and see where it takes you. Calculated chances, not throwing things against the wall and hoping something will stick. If you fail, many times everyone will, you dust yourself off and try again. You learn more from your failures than from your successes.

People, in general, are just uber lazy these days. Bottom line.

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's not complicated, and you don't need to be a philosopher to understand.

Read Cialdini's book on Influence.

One of the seven factors is commitment and consistency. It's doing things we've always done, because it takes less brainpower.

It (and all of his other factors) were survival traits. Maybe there were a few cavemen way back in the day who decided it would be fun to "be different," but they got eaten.

Evolution takes a long goddamn time to make changes, and doing the SAME THING you've always done, thinking the SAME THING you've always done has been a BENEFIT for millions of years.

Nobody ever got any points or made any friends by convincing people that they are wrong.

Never talk about fight club.