Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Who's "Old School"?

Survivor

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Allen, as you may know I'm putting together a top ten and I have a question...

I would like to recognize the top "old school" literary DJs who laid the foundation for the concepts we now apply.

But qualifies a DJ as "old school".

I think its someone who was registered before you switched to this software. Was that around June of 2000?

Anyway, thats my idea. So Allen, what do you think qualifies a DJ as "old school"?

trickynick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Survivor, I am starting not to like your whole top 5 thread if this is what it's all about. Who gives a crap about all this "old school" nonsense? The board is what it is now and has the contributors that is has now and that's that. Why do we need to create unnecessary distinctions and catagorize people?

------------------
You either own the game or it owns you!

[This message has been edited by trickynick (edited 02-15-2002).]

Survivor

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Categorizing people is not my intention, tricknick. I thought I made that clear in my last post.

As for the old-school thing, I was merely going to link threads to retired posters. I'm not building a shrine.

And from what I remember, your list consisted of posters that influenced *you* the most, as did mine. That's all I'm doing. No categorizing. No labeling. No hero-worship. No divisiveness. Only small thanks. Thats it!

However... I do believe in the better good of the forum. If Allen and the mods think the list might be misperceived, then I won't post it.

trickynick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Survivor:
Categorizing people is not my intention, tricknick. I thought I made that clear in my last post.

As for the old-school thing, I was merely going to link threads to retired posters. I'm not building a shrine.

And from what I remember, your list consisted of posters that influenced *you* the most, as did mine. That's all I'm doing. No categorizing. No labeling. No hero-worship. No divisiveness. Only small thanks. Thats it!

However... I do believe in the better good of the forum. If Allen and the mods think the list might be misperceived, then I won't post it.
Fair enough. You are right, the posters that influenced me the most as a newbie were Take no Dirt, Don the Legend and Don Phenom because those were the active guys with the best adivice at the time I joined. I am sure you look at the guys who were active and posted good stuff when you came here the same way. I just don't want the focus to be on aggrandisement because I don't think that's healthy for the newer guys. I'd say with that in mind, go ahead and proceed.

------------------
You either own the game or it owns you!

SoSuave.com

Administrator
Reaction score
I've never really used that term, so I've never really classified anyone as "Old School." But if you were going to use it, your distinction seems logical, though I'm not sure it serves a useful purpose.

Anson

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's not about the person who posts the post, it's about the message of the post. That's why we got our DJ Bible, right? And you don't get your post to the Bible if you're part of the "old school", you get it there if that post is good. I don't get your idea about catecorizing people being part of the old school or the new school.

Heck, I don't even know what's the differnce between old and new school! I thought the same things that were teached those days are being teached now, too...?

And even if there is some sort of "new school" that teaches different things than the "old school", how can you know that everyone who've been here long enough are actually part of the "old school"? And if there isn't any difference between the schools (as it seems to me) then I don't see why you are doing this.

I just don't get the purpose of this.