Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Who pays?

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Who asked who out?
Is it an actual date?
Are the two of you just meeting up somewhere?

You gotta have some type of plan to determine who pays for what.

princelydeeds

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by DJnoob
going out with mifl? Who pays for what?
Sorry to say but you have to pay. You have to steer this date in a direction in which your comfortable. On a first date you have to pay or you will look cheap. On a second date, I fully expect a woman to pay (providing she has the mean to do so).

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: Who pays?

Originally posted by princelydeeds
Sorry to say but you have to pay. You have to steer this date in a direction in which your comfortable.
And so the only way to do that is to pay? So if things progress to a LTR, the only way a man is to steer things is to pay for it? You're kidding, right?

Paying for anything is merely a gesture, nothing more. Why associate any type of power, authority or direction to money? Anyone can pay for something, that takes no talent nor effort what so ever.

A DJ doesn't need to depend on gestures to present himself. His non material actions are what commands his authority. He can still guide the direction of the date by his strength of his convictions and personality and not by the simplicity of kind gestures.

princelydeeds

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Who pays?

Originally posted by Francisco d'Anconia
And so the only way to do that is to pay? So if things progress to a LTR, the only way a man is to steer things is to pay for it? You're kidding, right?
There is an old saying about not putting the cart before the horse. WE were talking about paying on a first date, you are asking about a LTR... I fail to understand the correlation. By steering, I meant don't take her somewhere expensive, take her somewhere that you will feel comfortable paying.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Re: Who pays?

There is an old saying about not putting the cart before the horse. WE were talking about paying on a first date, you are asking about a LTR... I fail to understand the correlation. By steering, I meant don't take her somewhere expensive, take her somewhere that you will feel comfortable paying.
Ahhh, so . You're saying that it's necessary even if it's just the first date, for the guy to come out of pocket to impress the girl. I see. I guess if your first date needs to be somewhere that things need to be purchased. I guess that would include a movie and dinner as a first date huh? And all of this for a person that you don't even know... What's next, giving a stranger your ATM PIN number or a blank signed check for a date?

Guys, if all you have to offer or the best you have to offer is paying for dinner on a first date, you will be in AFC land for a long time. Work on your charisma, work on your social skills, work on engaging conversation, work on making a woman enjoy your company no matter the venue and your success will skyrocket along with the amount of funds in your wallet.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
usually you pay.

sometimes you find a good gal , and she takes turns paying.

DJnoob

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah, i asked for her number as soon as we exited the work place. She gave it to me and told her that we'll go hang out sometime...

So, she's older, like early 40s and im 23..

So, i should pay since i asked? I have no experience with milfs.. or should I tell her that we should pay 1/2 the cost

Do milfs know that when a young guy asks them out that their gona get nothing out of it or what?

I called her house last night and left message on her answering machine.. been 20 hours and no returned call yet... oh well

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by DJnoob
yeah, i asked for her number as soon as we exited the work place. She gave it to me and told her that we'll go hang out sometime...

So, she's older, like early 40s and im 23..

So, i should pay since i asked? I have no experience with milfs.. or should I tell her that we should pay 1/2 the cost

Do milfs know that when a young guy asks them out that their gona get nothing out of it or what?

I called her house last night and left message on her answering machine.. been 20 hours and no returned call yet... oh well
usually that means you go dutch

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by penkitten
usually you pay.

sometimes you find a good gal , and she takes turns paying.
No offence pen, but through all the doings of th feminist movement, it's still a toss up whether a guy comes across a woman that pays her own way. Heaven forbid you come across one that actually pays for the guy on a date.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No offence pen, but through all the doings of th feminist movement, it's still a toss up whether a guy comes across a woman that pays her own way. Heaven forbid you come across one that actually pays for the guy on a date.
uh really?
cause i do my share of paying for myself and i take turns on dates paying. i thought this was fair .
think of all the money i wasted.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by penkitten
uh really?
cause i do my share of paying for myself and i take turns on dates paying. i thought this was fair .
think of all the money i wasted.
Welcome to the world that most men live in pen. Tons of time and money wasted yet some still say that it should be done.

What ever happened to just meeting up at a park, a coffee shop or bookstore to just talk and learn about one another? Is it so difficult to just have a conversation with someone without having a ton of external entertainment to occupy each other?

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Welcome to the world that most men live in pen. Tons of time and money wasted yet some still say that it should be done.

What ever happened to just meeting up at a park, a coffee shop or bookstore to just talk and learn about one another? Is it so difficult to just have a conversation with someone without having a ton of external entertainment to occupy each other?

this is true.
it is expensive to date these days.
heck the price of gasoline alone.
i just never thought it was fair for only one person to do all the paying.
yet, i have friends that only take enough cash for a way into places, knowing some gius will pay the rest of her evening.

i never go out unless i can afford it.

princelydeeds

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Who pays?

Ahhh, so . You're saying that it's necessary even if it's just the first date, for the guy to come out of pocket to impress the girl. I see. I guess if your first date needs to be somewhere that things need to be purchased. I guess that would include a movie and dinner as a first date huh? And all of this for a person that you don't even know... What's next, giving a stranger your ATM PIN number or a blank signed check for a date?
You better be careful you are gonna hurt your ankles jumping to so many conclusions? You are worse than any woman I've ever met. When did I say anything about impressing someone. My point is pretty simple, but you wanna make it complex.

Here it is in simple terms, try to keep up, If you take a woman somewhere, on a first date, and someone has to pay, 95% of the time the man should pay! If you don't wanna pay for dinner and a movie, do not go to dinner and movie. If you go to a coffee shop and get coffee, I think its a good idea to pay to avoid looking cheap. Thats it pretty simple. Please don't read anything else into my point.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Who pays?

You better be careful you are gonna hurt your ankles jumping to so many conclusions? You are worse than any woman I've ever met. When did I say anything about impressing someone. My point is pretty simple, but you wanna make it complex.
Ooo, seems like a struck a chord. Aunt Flow must be visiting.
Y'know, if dating was so simple, you wouldn't be here, now would you. Things are only complex if they are beyond the boundaries of your understanding.

Here it is in simple terms, try to keep up, If you take a woman somewhere, on a first date, and someone has to pay, 95% of the time the man should pay! If you don't wanna pay for dinner and a movie, do not go to dinner and movie. If you go to a coffee shop and get coffee, I think its a good idea to pay to avoid looking cheap. Thats it pretty simple. Please don't read anything else into my point.
For somone who doesn't like complex ideas, you're quick to toss in percentages, haha. Don't worry though, I won't read anything into your point since you haven't made one. :crackup:

assasin

Don Juan
Reaction score
The point is you don't drop a $50 meal on a woman without knowing if you're compatible.

If you chatted with the woman for an hour or so and you think you're good for a great night, and a bit of light petting or more, then fair enough, make the most of the evening.

If the most you know about her is that she's a divorced 30 something legal secretary, you don't want to put yourself into a position where you've commited to spend 3 hours and $50 on someone who you don't get on with!

It's common sense really. Plus it's more fair on the woman, because she doesn't feel awkward at that "good night kiss" point.

So when we say don't pay, what we mean is don't pony up a three course meal on a woman who hasn't made any suggestion that she'll invite you up for coffee!

englishcrap

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If you paid for on the first date. The next time time round hint to her that she should pay next time...the way I did it was

"Hey so when are u going to take me out on a date. If you dont I am gonna forget what you look like ":D

That way she gets the hint and will probably pay the next time u meet up.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by flexion_
Whoever asks the person out pays.
Out of curiosity, how many women have asked you out and how many of those actually paid for the date?

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by englishcrap
If you paid for on the first date. The next time time round hint to her that she should pay next time...the way I did it was

"Hey so when are u going to take me out on a date. If you dont I am gonna forget what you look like ":D

That way she gets the hint and will probably pay the next time u meet up.
I cringe whenever I hear about a guy "hinting" to a woman. How many times have we complained about how women do that to us?