Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

who here is an 80's baby and went to high school in the 90:)

eli77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I swear time went by fast would give my left nut to have it again
this video to me epitomizes the 90's

Xenom0rph

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The 90s was an awesome time to be a teen. The early 2000s was an awesome time to be a 20-something....

I used to do the goth thing in high school but i still was rocking the gangsta rap as well....

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yup, I'm in the later part of the cohert. While I was technically born in the late 70s, I have no recollection of it, but the 80s is where I grew up. The best years were the 87-89 where there is allot of nostalgic memories around those years. One of the features of the time was I discovered a Super 8 mm camera in the basement, and started filming. I also discovered the 16mm projector and started borrowing films from the library to play on a larger screen at home. (at the time TVs were small cathode ray tubes and not as exciting an experience as watching films play on a mechanical projector).

The 90s turned out to be one the worst decade with me because I believed I had allot of potential that was just wasted. The decade started strong where I graduated High School on the honour roll. The later half just fell of a cliff and there is not many great memories associated with that decade.

The early 2000s was just a fail recovery for the 90s with me. The OP referenced Mandy Moore. I viewed Walk to Remember, 2002, at an Oakville drive-through with my folks and it was the one and only time I went to a Drive through theater. My favorite song from Mandy Moore comes from that film:

Here she is just amazing. I've re-watched this movie at least twice since 2017 (bought a larger TV and played it on it for Nostalgia).

I missed a movie called "Princess Diaries", but I feel this song derived from that movie captures the early 2000s vibe as well:

I did have allot of Nostalgia for 2002 - 2004 simply because I visited theaters both independently (without my folks) and with a Chinese female friend I met at University and went out a number of places with her. I may also remember viewing Matrix Reloaded twice in the cinema on an empty stomach and then riding the newly built Sheppard subway, before re-watching it again, then going home and drinking half a bottle of wine to get the movie out of my head, lol!

Bought my first car in 1999. I went from a used 1987 second had car that was half-broken back then to a nice SUV today.

I see for my life that everything after 2000 to now is making the best out of a situation that I messed up with in the 90s, and the 90s was really the only chance I had to really have made something great out of my life.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Count me in, amazing time would have been great if I didnt have a crappy family.

I remember people being much more down to earth and new things being new unlike now where everything looks the same.

Also thin girls with no tattoes or piercings.

The only thing I didnt like was the fact that you had to conform much more, it was very hard to get out of your peer group since there was no internet and no low cost airline company, also internet shopping was none and you still had to deal with shops even for tech.

Xenom0rph

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For me, this song really captures the carefree spirit of the early 90s when i was a kid playing super nintendo and riding my bmx bike.....

Xenom0rph

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When I was doing the goth thing in the 90s I recall how I was madly infatuated with Winnona Ryder's portrayal of Lydia Deetz in Beetlejuice..... man this girl was gorgeous

Xenom0rph

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Goth girls were my thing when I was a youngin', here's another one of my faves. This is Mia Sarah in the film "Legend". This is the scene where she gets seduced by Darkness....

For the film buffs in the house, you'll recognize that this is the theatrical version with the Tangerine Dream soundtrack which most would agree is superior to the Goldsmith soundtrack.

Good Lord, this pale girls decked out in goth wear are super sexy....

Lynx nkaf

Banned
Reaction score
I swear time went by fast would give my left nut to have it again
this video to me epitomizes the 90's
that's nice...I have that sunshine and colours of blue sky now and friendliness but it was mostly like London for lack of sun and grey skies where I grew up.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was in high school in the late 1990s and early 2000s. This song came out right when I was in high school. Song is from 1999.

The 21st Century hasn't been pleasant. I was 18 when 9/11 happened. 9/11, the Great Recession, and COVID have defined the 21st Century. All bad events. It took me numerous years to recover from what happened to me in 2008 as a 25 year old.

eli77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
it is not the strong who survive but the ones who adapt to change

eli77

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was in high school in the late 1990s and early 2000s. This song came out right when I was in high school. Song is from 1999.

The 21st Century hasn't been pleasant. I was 18 when 9/11 happened. 9/11, the Great Recession, and COVID have defined the 21st Century. All bad events. It took me numerous years to recover from what happened to me in 2008 as a 25 year old.
your alive here thats positive

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd only go back to 1992 if I could go knowing full well what I know now. It was not much fun at the time, but I could make it fun on a second try.

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
reminds me of my 90s