Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Which type of Cardio burns more fat...

Zhen

Don Juan
Reaction score
I heard somewhere that low intensity cardio is better for burning fat because you're burning calories from fat instead of calories from musle.

So HIIT or low intensity.

I'm just trying to lose the few lbs of bellyfat so my sixpack will be more visible

T

tj

Originally posted by Zhen
I heard somewhere that low intensity cardio is better for burning fat because you're burning calories from fat instead of calories from musle.

I'm just trying to lose the few lbs of bellyfat so my sixpack will be more visible
full body workout and great diet

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Load of rubbish. ALL cardio burns calories; whether they're from fat, muscle or glycogen depends entirely on your diet, training, genes, and type of cardio.

A full body workout won't necessarily burn fat though; it'll burn calories and build muscle.

Alpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

If you do it 1st thing in the morning then yes you will burn more fat stores for energy than you would otherwise. The low intensity thing is to prevent catabolism. But it's just as important to limit the duration of your workout to say 20-30m

Remember 'aerobic' is a range of intensity where there is no oxygen debt for a given workload, so strictly speaking HIIT will take you beyond that range and use energy stores in a different way.

For a bit of flab I wouldn't get too concerned, just eat sensible and put the effort in, you'll be fine.

T

tj

Re: Re: Which type of Cardio burns more fat...

Originally posted by Warboss Alex
Load of rubbish. ALL cardio burns calories; whether they're from fat, muscle or glycogen depends entirely on your diet, training, genes, and type of cardio.

A full body workout won't necessarily burn fat though; it'll burn calories and build muscle.
lmao..won't necessrily burn fat. that is pretty funny.

you just contradicted yourself.. might want to reread your first post.

if you build muscle your body will-inturn increase its metabolism when in turn-burns fat for energy...\

comeone man

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Which type of Cardio burns more fat...

Originally posted by tj
lmao..won't necessrily burn fat. that is pretty funny.

you just contradicted yourself.. might want to reread your first post.

if you build muscle your body will-inturn increase its metabolism when in turn-burns fat for energy...\

comeone man
Hrm, maybe I was half-asleep when I wrote that.

In any case, muscles burn glycogen they lift weights, not fat.

check_mate_kid_uk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
the higher intensity the excersize the greater the proportion of calories are used from glycogen and the smaller the proportion used from fat, i can see why it is easy to think that there for loweer intensity burns more fat, but the total calories burnt in high intensity excersize is much greater so even thou the proportion of fat used is smaller the absolute amount is larger.

Also remember that glycogen burning helps loose weight aswell because when you eat if your glycogen store are depleated the food will be used to replenish glycogen stocks rather then being turned in to fat.

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Also remember that glycogen burning helps loose weight aswell because when you eat if your glycogen store are depleated the food will be used to replenish glycogen stocks rather then being turned in to fat.
It isn't as black-and-white as that, but in general terms that's correct, yes.

Zhen

Don Juan
Reaction score
so which one should i stick to?

bike 30 minutes, burn 460 calories, avg heart rate 176-180

bike 35 minutes, burn 350 calories, avg heart rate 130-135

hiit 20 minutes, burn 300 calories, no idea what avg heart rate

yeah want more fat loss and less muscle loss

SSben

Don Juan
Reaction score
i think that diet plays the most important role.

preferrably raw food diet,
fruits and veggies, lean meats, whole organic goods, limit the cooked foods to the meats, eat raw egg yokes, dont drink dairy or eat cheese dont eat breads of anykinds, eat almonds, an your set, no fastfood just raw, no pizza chinese ect foods from restruants orfoods that u have to cook, couse the food becomes ransid

also pasta is bad, it ocuses stomack blaoting, along with diary and breads,

hope this helps

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by SSben
i think that diet plays the most important role.

preferrably raw food diet,
fruits and veggies, lean meats, whole organic goods, limit the cooked foods to the meats, eat raw egg yokes, dont drink dairy or eat cheese dont eat breads of anykinds, eat almonds, an your set, no fastfood just raw, no pizza chinese ect foods from restruants orfoods that u have to cook, couse the food becomes ransid

also pasta is bad, it ocuses stomack blaoting, along with diary and breads,

hope this helps
What complete tosh. What's wrong with dairy, bread and pasta to lose bodyfat?

CLOONEY

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
2 best ways I have heard.

Either 20 minutes of high intensity first thing of a morning.

OR

40 minutes of fast walking.

Diet is definately the best way though.

CLOONEY

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh, and I also read the best way to burn calories the fastest is swimming.

Visceral

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
IMO ...

If you want to get the fat off faster and keep it off long term, as well as becoming healthier, stronger, and better looking, weighlifting to build muscle is what you must do.

However, cardio is essential because it will keep your heart healthy, as well as give you the stamina to actually do stuff with your new muscle.

With that in mind, I think that the lowest intensity cardio you can find would be your best bet. Since it minimizes the strain you put on your muscles, it really just burns Calories, which is easy to fix, which will keep it from interfering with your recovery from your workouts.

Flogger

Don Juan
Reaction score

The first one.

Running, rowing, swimming, biking.

Aim to burn the most calories.

The catch is that to get rid of fat, you need to use the other sources of energy first (which I believe include glycogen, glucose, and protein in the bloodstream; the ATP just hanging out in your muscle disappears very quickly). So after you do cardio, it makes sense to replenish your protein and carbs.

You're fine eating to keep your body in order when you're trying to lose weight. If you stick to several small meals, you shoudn't be gaining any more fat. (That's a good way to eat in general anyway. No one that isn't regularly starving needs adipose these days.)

Reaction score
To tell you the truth i dont even remember the last time i did cardio of any sort, but how do i still manage 2 have a 14% body fat with muscle popin out of my body? well i have this routine that works for me. See when i first made up my mind and start working out trying to achive that perfect body, but i would go joggin for 40 mins a day! but now as months of progress, knowledge, understanding and hours of internet surfin for more information bout an average human body, i found out that joggin acualy make you lose muscle! hell can u believe this crap? neighther could i. so now i wisen up! Not joggin for 40 mins a day, but 5 to get my muscle losen up without stopin i would start sprintin, running as fast as i can until im satisfied knowin that i just sprinted a mile! Its tough sprintin nonestoping for a mile but its well worth it without have much muscle lost! But i dont stop right there after sprinting with some of the worst cramp! i slow down n start joggin again then finaly sprint some more. ...now i would run bout 2.5 miles everyday!

check_mate_kid_uk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

yeah want more fat loss and less muscle loss

cycling burns more calroies then most other sports with the exception of 1 or 2 such as swimming and cross country skiing and whilst it may be possible to burn 460 calories in 30 minutes i would think there is somthing wrong with your computer that estimates calorie expenidture because there is no way you will burn that much whilst your heat beat is at only 176-180, because that sounds like its the low end of intense, when i do endurance rides on my bike my hear rate is above 180 so i think you are probably only burning half of what you think your burning! rpo's might burn 900 an hour in a race but you or i certianly couldnt!

Zhen

Don Juan
Reaction score
i stick 100-105 rpm at 6 resistance for the 30 minutes. the highest is 25.

i'm 18 at 180 lbs.

Derek Flint

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Marin County, CA - just North of San Francisco
Originally posted by Warboss Alex
What complete tosh. What's wrong with dairy, bread and pasta to lose bodyfat?
Those are about the worst things you can consume if you are trying to lose weight/fat.