Which type of Cardio burns more fat...

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I eat wholemeal pasta, wholewheat bread and most dairy (low-fat mostly) and lose bodyfat perfectly well.

If you're talking about white bread then yes, you've got a point.

But there's no need to drop anything at all, we're not training to get down to 6% bodyfat here.

It's all about timing, insulin, etc.

Derek Flint

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Marin County, CA - just North of San Francisco
Originally posted by Warboss Alex
I eat wholemeal pasta, wholewheat bread and most dairy (low-fat mostly) and lose bodyfat perfectly well.

If you're talking about white bread then yes, you've got a point.

But there's no need to drop anything at all, we're not training to get down to 6% bodyfat here.

It's all about timing, insulin, etc.
Adding those qualifiers makes it a different issue.

BTW, what's your age?

Derek Flint

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Marin County, CA - just North of San Francisco
Originally posted by Warboss Alex
13 and a half.
Dude, at that age, you should have the metabolism of a hummingbird.

You should be able to eat whatever whenever you want without worry.

It's when you get into your 30's that you have to really worry about things like bread and pasta and such, as your metabolism begins to slow and the weight is easy to put on and hard to take off.

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LOL!

You believed me man?

I do know what you mean about the metabolism with age stuff, I really wished I'd lifted properly when I was 18-19 to take advantage of the sky-high test levels and metabolic rate.

But I still don't think anything has to be excluded if you're looking to slim down, as long as it's good natural, wholesome food there's nothing wrong with it.

Obviously drinking whole milk and the like isn't going to help your cause either, but it's not one diet component which determines success, it's the overall picture.