Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Which option would you choose?

TheManMasenko

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey gang,

I'm currently 21 living at my father's place. I dont have a job and make money independently (odd jobs, hustle: legal, etc).

The college I'm attending is hiring and one of the benefits is free tuition, plus insurance and some other stuff.

Now...there are two positions:

Option 1: Better hours (morning shift), better pay, but it is less likely to moderate chance I'll be accepted.
Option 2: Poor hours (afternoon shift), less pay ($5K), but it is a high chance I'll be accepted.

I plan to stay at this job until I get this degree which is roughly 2.5 years.

Any advice? I have some good references but is there any other way to try and acquire option 1?

I hate to settle for option 2, but for myself, it is a smart move on the chest board. Being money independent is cool but at the moment, being broke and having freedom is stupid. Getting a job (plus doing my side gig) would benefit way more.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Hey gang,

I'm currently 21 living at my father's place. I dont have a job and make money independently (odd jobs, hustle: legal, etc).

The college I'm attending is hiring and one of the benefits is free tuition, plus insurance and some other stuff.

Option 1: Better hours (morning shift), better pay, but it is less likely to moderate chance I'll be accepted.
Option 2: Poor hours (afternoon shift), less pay ($5K), but it is a high chance I'll be accepted.

Any advice? I have some good references but is there any other way to try and acquire option 1?

I hate to settle for option 2, but for myself, it is a smart move on the chest board. Being money independent is cool but at the moment, being broke and having freedom is stupid. Getting a job (plus doing my side gig) would benefit way more.
I think you are looking at it wrongly. You should take the option that will best set you up for success once you graduate school. Until then, this is all short term minor stuff...you need to focus on your path and do what is best to help you continue and progress on that path.

Is there an option to begin working in your field while in college on an internship?

Modern Man Advice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Never sell yourself short. Go for Option #1.

Read "How to Win Friends And Influence People" by Dale Carnegie, practice interacting and putting into practice the book, and then go for the interview for Option #1.

Two main keys:

1) They are hiring cause they are trying to solve a problem; YOU ARE the solution to that problem. Pay attention to what they want to solve or try to achieve by hiring someone. Ask questions and pose yourself as the missing element to that equation.
2) Genuine compliment and humanly connect with the interviewer/s. If they personally like you, your chances are way higher than anybody else.

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Apply for both and come back to us IF, you’re accept to either. Why do people rack their brains over hypotheticals? Get the CV sent and follow straight up with a call and email to see if they received it.

Have relevant previous experience or like for like experience for each role you can tell them about, lie about this experience if needed. Say whatever it takes to get in the door.

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My college job I applied for I was not remotely qualified for. The administrator interviewing took me to his colleague and gave me another job, which had not even been advertised. . Within 3 months I was the Lead in the position and scheduled all other employees in that role. A good employer will recognize your strengths and apply them to their situation.

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey gang,

Apply to both. If you both end up offering a position, tell option 2 you can't start for a month or so and feel out option 1 to see if it suits you. Or maybe you could even attempt to see if you can work part time and work both jobs until you get a sense of which one is better, then move to full time.