"The Coffee Shop Girl You Never Spoke To"

You've replayed it a hundred times. She stood three feet away, scrolling her phone. You had an opening. You composed the perfect line — after she was gone.

For all you know, she's married now. To some guy who said something. Anything.

Openers are cheap. Almost any sentence works when it's delivered within three seconds. The expensive part is the standing there, drafting and deleting, while the window quietly closes.

The "22 Rules" stripped out my hesitation. What to open with, how to keep it alive, and the one habit that costs guys more women than anything else: waiting for perfect.

Read more...

Where to take this girl?

TheWanderer

Don Juan
Joined
May 2, 2004
Messages
77
Reaction score
0
Age
39
So, I'm prolly gonna go out again with that girl I talked about in my other post this weekend.......2nd date. Now, I didn't kiss her last time, but I'm pretty sure she's feelin me. Why? Well, I haven't talked to her much but this is what she's said after our date that leads me to beleive I'm in:

- Me: We should go out again this weekend, think about when dave (me) time's gonna be
her: well, if it was up to me, it'd be dave time right now...

- her: my day was ok
me: only ok? how come?
her: cus i didnt see you today....

lol, well, either I'm in or she's the biggest tease ever.

So, I'm wondering about what to do with her this weekend. If everything goes as I plan, we should have from 3-11 or 12 to chill, so I was thinking about going to a waterpark first, good place to be playful and get heavy kino.

But then, well, I wanna go somewhere things can happen.....my basement is great since I have a big couch and a big tv, but knowing my parents, they'll come downstairs constantly to check on me. So, do any of you guys have any ideas of where we could go or what to do so things start happening? Because there's no way Im letting this date go by without making out with her.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Jerky Boi

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 10, 2004
Messages
551
Reaction score
0
Waterpark's a great place. I wish I had one in my town, haha. Maybe her place after?
 

splinterkb

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 6, 2004
Messages
750
Reaction score
4
Age
40
Location
Minnesota
Miniputt. You can "show" her how to putt.
 

TheWanderer

Don Juan
Joined
May 2, 2004
Messages
77
Reaction score
0
Age
39
Prolly won't happen, good idea, but we went mini golfing last week. Anyways, I'll be leaving home to pick her up in about an hour. Wooh, I'm pumped, ready to get my game on, lol. Anyways, I'm thinking ice cream, Ice Skating, dinner, and then we'll come to my place and watch a movie (parents won't be home, hell yeah!).

Anyways fellas, wish me luck, I'm going for a kiss today, so hopefully it'll turn out good and we'll get even farther......here I go baby!
 

JSH

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 20, 2003
Messages
1,088
Reaction score
0
Age
39
Location
London
good luck
 

"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

Top