"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

Where do you work?

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 21, 2003
Messages
3,229
Reaction score
27
Summer is coming, college bills are coming even faster..

As i sit here, back from first job and 15 minutes till the next one, i wonder... where do people on this board work?

I work at Chipotles in the mornings, and deliver Dominos in the evenings. I like the pay, and it hasnt been too bad yet (first week :))

So.. where do you work and how do you like it?
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

JohnJones

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 22, 2002
Messages
582
Reaction score
1
Location
PA
I'm a corporate finance attorney (IPOs, mergers and acquistions, venture capital) in a large firm. I think it's great in some ways, and it sucks in others since there are so many dumb-sses in this line of work.
 

Dan_DJ

Don Juan
Joined
Jan 18, 2004
Messages
14
Reaction score
0
Age
41
Location
UK
I'll be starting work as a doorman in July (I'm also a full time university student).
 

rgeere

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 25, 2003
Messages
1,925
Reaction score
1
Location
Fort Worth, Texas
This is going to sound far fetched and made-up, but since you asked...

Full time college student who is going to take a year out of college to dig up dinosuar fossils (t-rex, triceratops, edmontosaurus) in wyoming for a few months, then [if I accept the job offer] will work a year in the Czech Republic for the experience, plus looks nice on resume. Also, I'll be learning my 5th language.
 

“The 22 Rules That Turned Me From Invisible to Irresistible With Women… Starting Tonight”

You can skip the expensive cars, the fancy clothes, and the endless gym selfies. Completely unnecessary.

I used to freeze the second a beautiful woman looked my way. Frustrated. Awkward. Watching other guys walk away with the girl while I stood there tongue-tied.

Then I discovered 22 simple rules that rewired my entire dating life. The anxiety vanished. Conversations flowed effortlessly. Women started chasing me for a change.

These rules trigger a woman's subconscious attraction switches. And you can start using them tonight.

Read more...

voodoolover

Don Juan
Joined
Jan 29, 2003
Messages
143
Reaction score
0
Location
UK
I'm a DJ. No, seriously, I play records for a living! So it's virtually impossible to NOT meet women in my line of work. It's great!
 

true|hockey

Don Juan
Joined
Dec 5, 2003
Messages
153
Reaction score
0
work in a design lab on my masters thesis. Not that it is really relavent, but I do not meet many women in my line of work. I do have flexable enough hours so that I can have a life, while getting decent pay, so it kind of works out in the end.
 

KennyBoo

Don Juan
Joined
May 21, 2004
Messages
28
Reaction score
0
Age
55
Location
Lafayette, LoUiSiAna
I work in the Maintenance Department @ The Holiday Inn Central (Holidome) in Lafayette, LA. I also do some side work for people who needs some Painting done.
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

racerX

Don Juan
Joined
Jun 27, 2003
Messages
142
Reaction score
0
Age
61
Location
los angeles
I do CAD (computer assisted drafting) using Solidworks & autocad. Mechanical detail & assembly drawings. Doesnt pay alot & right now i am out of work..3rd layoff in 15 years.....sux...I want to start my own business. I am tired of working for companies...layoffs, 2% raises, cruel bosses & cheap penny pinching companies.
 

Ser_i

Don Juan
Joined
Jun 19, 2003
Messages
186
Reaction score
0
Age
44
Location
The Netherlands
Student > Airtraffic controller @ schiphol airport (amsterdam) & bartender (apeldoorn)

first one is my first year, just started this year.. and it's going great, the latter one I started just 2 months ago.. before that I've worked as a waiter, office cleaner, every fricking job I could get my hands on :D
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

leoncour

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jan 28, 2002
Messages
306
Reaction score
1
Originally posted by rgeere
This is going to sound far fetched and made-up, but since you asked...

Full time college student who is going to take a year out of college to dig up dinosuar fossils (t-rex, triceratops, edmontosaurus) in wyoming for a few months, then [if I accept the job offer] will work a year in the Czech Republic for the experience, plus looks nice on resume. Also, I'll be learning my 5th language.
Hey rgeere,
What languages do you know, and how did you learn them?
 

rgeere

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 25, 2003
Messages
1,925
Reaction score
1
Location
Fort Worth, Texas
Originally posted by leoncour
Hey rgeere,
What languages do you know, and how did you learn them?
English was my first language

German was my second fluent language. I have almost reached fluent speaker status, began learning when I was 14 in school and have sought to perfect it ever since.

Greek I learned in college
Hebrew I learned in college

I also know some Spanish, French, Dutch, Russian,Ukrainian, and Gaelic, though not much more than the basics.

If you are an american I would advise learning another fluent language. Believe it or not chicks tend to find it quite intrigueing, especially if they are non-american. It helps to make you look very well rounded.
 

fezz

Don Juan
Joined
Dec 19, 2003
Messages
159
Reaction score
0
Age
40
i have the ****iest job out of all of you all. I work in Ingles Video. It's a good job to have as a highschooler though
 

GaryNas

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Mar 8, 2004
Messages
203
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by rgeere
A programmer for Bill Gates or for Windows enviroment specifically?
Nope, not for Bill Gates. :) I work for a post secondary educational institute.
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

Top