Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Where are the bitcoin lovers now?

SargeMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, it is absurd and highly unlikely, just like the internet going down forever. That was the point I was making.
It doesn’t have to go down forever. A few days can be an eternity when you need something. We recently had a water main burst and were without water for 2 days. Things went to **** fast. No water to flush toilettes or take showers. Amazing how much you rely on things.

PRW63

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Illinois within driving distance of St Louis, Mo
Couple things here, obviously you did not listen to the interview. He didn't start out as 50%
The article given in the post I responded to said in the title that he did. If it isn't true than it further makes my point that you can't trust the financial media and their ad-ridden popup-farm web sites. I'm not interested in spending hours investigating the guy in detail. He means nothing to me and neither does his "investing antics". He didn't get rich from his investing antics,...he has his investing antics because he is rich. His wealth came by other means.

jaygreenb

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It doesn’t have to go down forever. A few days can be an eternity when you need something. We recently had a water main burst and were without water for 2 days. Things went to **** fast. No water to flush toilettes or take showers. Amazing how much you rely on things.
Right, so have some metals or whatever you want as a back up strategy for that situation, makes zero sense too not own other assets for a potential few day shutdown. They would be there when it goes back up, not sure you understand how decentralization works. Everyone mining maintains a copy of the ledger. It is also maintained offline and on satellites as a fail safe.

jaygreenb

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The article given in the post I responded to said in the title that he did. If it isn't true than it further makes my point that you can't trust the financial media and their ad-ridden popup-farm web sites. I'm not interested in spending hours investigating the guy in detail. He means nothing to me and neither does his "investing antics". He didn't get rich from his investing antics,...he has his investing antics because he is rich. His wealth came by other means.
It meant enough for you to reply and throw a fit. Literally just posted an article of one of the worlds top investors who had a very large allocation on a crypto thread. It was interesting. Nobody said this is what everyone should do or that is how he made all his wealth. Many people have created a lot of wealth in this industry though and will continue to do so.

SargeMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Right, so have some metals or whatever you want as a back up strategy for that situation, makes zero sense too not own other assets for a potential few day shutdown. They would be there when it goes back up, not sure you understand how decentralization works. Everyone mining maintains a copy of the ledger. It is also maintained offline and on satellites as a fail safe.
And it can’t be hacked at all either

jaygreenb

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
And it can’t be hacked at all either
The actual network has never been hacked. Exchanges and personal wallets have but that is typically user/exchange error. Metals have been confiscated and banned in the past as well.

SargeMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The actual network has never been hacked. Exchanges and personal wallets have but that is typically user/exchange error. Metals have been confiscated and banned in the past as well.
That is true about the metals. But your phone could be confiscated so no more bitcoin

jaygreenb

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That is true about the metals. But your phone could be confiscated so no more bitcoin
Wrong........again. Your bitcoin isn't actually stored on your phone, it is on the blockchain and is accessed through your wallet. Very easy to remove it and you can recreate and access it anywhere if you have your seed phrase. Also can memorize it and there is nothing they can do.

In a pinch you could literally flee with billions of dollars with just your memory. Try doing that with gold

SargeMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wrong........again. Your bitcoin isn't actually stored on your phone, it is on the blockchain and is accessed through your wallet. Very easy to remove it and you can recreate and access it anywhere if you have your seed phrase. Also can memorize it and there is nothing they can do.

In a pinch you could literally flee with billions of dollars with just your memory. Try doing that with gold
The point I’m making is if they want to confiscate their bitcoin they’ll find a way. Put you in jail with no internet. Simple. But these are extremes. We will see how bitcoin performs going forward. Last year it had abysmal returns compare to my oil stocks

jaygreenb

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The point I’m making is if they want to confiscate their bitcoin they’ll find a way. Put you in jail with no internet. Simple. But these are extremes. We will see how bitcoin performs going forward. Last year it had abysmal returns compare to my oil stocks
Wasn't a very good point and would be almost impossible, too many people own it and because of its portability, could go to another country that embraces it. To be fair, the year prior it went on a monster run, got to get outside of the short time frames. I do like energy and commodities/producers though this decade

AAAgent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

FYI - a wallet, doesn't matter if its a phone, desktop, hardware, or web wallet is just an interface to allow you to interact with the blockchain to view your coins. The same phone wallet that you store your BTC/crypto on, can just as easily be thrown in the trash and you can access the same crypto from your parents PC.

Your coin are stored on the chain like e-mail. Gmail/outlook are just tools that allow you to access that e-mail. If you store your passwords well, no one will be able to access your btc unless you allow them access.

SargeMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
FYI - a wallet, doesn't matter if its a phone, desktop, hardware, or web wallet is just an interface to allow you to interact with the blockchain to view your coins. The same phone wallet that you store your BTC/crypto on, can just as easily be thrown in the trash and you can access the same crypto from your parents PC.

Your coin are stored on the chain like e-mail. Gmail/outlook are just tools that allow you to access that e-mail. If you store your passwords well, no one will be able to access your btc unless you allow them access.
Yes I know how wallets work. It’ll be interesting to see who will win: Bitcoin or governments

SargeMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How you crypto bulls doing? Just checking in. Anyone got shorts or BITI?

SargeMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Doubt there will be many bulls at this stage just HODLERS who will go down with it

There must be some very very heavy bags out there
Seeing a nice bounce today. If Fed eases the tightening I do think Bitcoin will go back to bull mode

jaygreenb

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How you crypto bulls doing? Just checking in. Anyone got shorts or BITI?
I made some btc buys yesterday in the 15's, first time in over a year. Not rushing into anything right now though but I have a lot dry powder ready to go. Think there will be a lot of opportunities in many asset classes, just being patient.

SargeMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I made some btc buys yesterday in the 15's, first time in over a year. Not rushing into anything right now though but I have a lot dry powder ready to go. Think there will be a lot of opportunities in many asset classes, just being patient.
I hear that. I bought some shib yesterday. Mostly in oil rn tho

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I can't believe I own this garbage, but I have to keep a little to pay a web site on which I am a vendor and they only take btc. Trying to buy it was all a big pain. I gave a friend cash, and after fees, the exchange took 11% off the top. What a joke, a big fee to turn actual money into fake money. Then to open the wallet and account bs they want every personal detail in the world, verify phone, email, and also my online banking passwords. Then I have to scan my mf'ing face?!? This is nuts. I don't know why anyone would voluntarily put up with so much bvllsh1t.