Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

When to kiss

Mbuckets82

Don Juan
Reaction score
So my buddy has been telling me about these great dates he’s been going on with this attractive female. I think the last was over six hours for dinner and talking. He said that he hasn’t kissed her yet or attempted to. My question is, when is a good time?
I’d think friend zone if it doesn’t happen during the first date but maybe I’m wrong. I make an attempt to see where I’m at. And when I’m tuned down I don’t see them again.
Also if it doesn’t happen during the first date is it a done deal?

GioWolf

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
He needs to escalate appropriately and within a reasonable time frame. I like the Dicarlo escalation ladder, but you have to adjust it based on your situation. I would say definitely on the first date, otherwise I’d rather be out drinking beers with my male friends. If there is a sense of connection and mutual attraction, she’ll make escalation easy for you. If she’s stringing you along for a ride, escalation will be awkward, cut your losses and stop wasting your time.

logicallefty

Reaction score
I kiss mid-date on date #1, NO EXCEPTIONS. If she reacts positively I hold hands the rest of the date and of course, kiss close when the date is over. If she doesn't react positively to the kiss mid-date I will look for a reason to eject early most of the time. So assuming date #1 went good, and date #2 did also, I expect sex by date #3.

Tilex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dates meaning plural?

If he's asking this question, that means it's already too late.
You don't go on several dates with women and not kiss them.
They'll start to see you as another female, not a male.
If she still agrees to go out with him even though he hasn't made a move yet, that means she's a gold digger trying to milk his wallet as much as she can.

I have a percentage rulebook based on the possibilities of seeing a chick again after the first date.

- Just a hug = 20% chance
- Just a kiss = 50% chance
- Kissing + Fingering or Kissing + Blowj0b = 70% chance
- Kissing + Fingering + Fu€king = 88% chance

None of the above = 100% Friend Zone

Last edited:

xplt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with all. As fast as possible. She lets you know with kino, eye contact, closing space... If she wants to, you'll notice.
I like to play a little bit, increase tension and let them wait. If you wait too long, they're getting frustrated, this is the last sign to make a move.

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't think there's a strong rule of thumb. If it doesn't happen organically during the first date, don't try to force it at the end because that's super cliche and needy. But If you don't so much as kiss by the end of the 2nd date though I'd say you're just wasting your time.

I do think you should be at least making some kind of physical contact during the first date. But if you are trying to physically escalate and kissing her seems out of the question, in most cases it's probably better to just next her.

However, I have been in situations where we didn't kiss on the first date but had sex at the 2nd or 3rd, so it really depends on the circumstances.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I try to get it done on the first date. Better at some middle point than at the end.

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think the last was over six hours for dinner and talking. He said that he hasn’t kissed her yet or attempted to.
This gal is a VERY lucky gal. Your friend, not so much...

I agree with everyone above. Kiss NEEDs to happen on first date or you have a high percentage of being friendzoned or just beeing used for a foodie call.

As to when to kiss or make moves, it's all about CALIBRATION. Say that word with me and find out how you can improve upon this. Most guys are clueless on this subtlety and hence can't succeed with the gal.

Lynx nkaf

Banned
Reaction score
Kiss right away.

But do only the double or triple cheek kiss and do it casually just after/during hugging. Standard greeting for cultures around the world but not all cultures so its risky.
Hold on for a few split seconds after hugging and make some nice comment on their scent.
If there's chemistry, could turn into a real kiss right away.

How it happened with ex. Only it was a one cheek kiss.

user252009

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When you feel like it, if you follow a numbers formula and force it it could lead to rejection because it's not authentically coming from you

Barrister

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Test the waters by initiating Kino very early in the date (I find putting my leg against hers and if she doesn't move is a very safe way to gauge this very early in the date). I would say you should be kissing on the first date well before the date is actually set to end. If your friend was on a date for 6 hours and did nothing by the end he probably friendzoned himself.

Visionist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I randomly ask her which way she turns her head, then kiss her.

Even if she rejects the kiss, I tell her that she's dominant or submissive depending on which side she turned her head. I just make up which one she is on the spot. Then I kiss her again and she usually follows the hint I just gave her about being more aggressive or seductive.

Never at the end of the date, always halfway through, and then again at the end.

coyote_astro

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Kiss right away.

But do only the double or triple cheek kiss and do it casually just after/during hugging. Standard greeting for cultures around the world but not all cultures so its risky.
Hold on for a few split seconds after hugging and make some nice comment on their scent.
If there's chemistry, could turn into a real kiss right away.

How it happened with ex. Only it was a one cheek kiss.
Yes, it's very normal in many cultures like the Mediterranean ones.
When I first moved to the US I assumed it was the case here as well and proceeded as usual. Needless to say, it did not go so well :p

About date kissing, I never had a rule. In all the dates that went well, I could feel it was time to go for the kiss.

Jack12345

Banned
Reaction score
So my buddy has been telling me about these great dates he’s been going on with this attractive female. I think the last was over six hours for dinner and talking. He said that he hasn’t kissed her yet or attempted to. My question is, when is a good time?
I’d think friend zone if it doesn’t happen during the first date but maybe I’m wrong. I make an attempt to see where I’m at. And when I’m tuned down I don’t see them again.
Also if it doesn’t happen during the first date is it a done deal?
The optimal is at 12pm, 31/12
No kidding. Kissing is not so essential as it looks