"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

when to call

Egocontrol

Don Juan
Joined
Nov 3, 2004
Messages
21
Reaction score
0
I took this girl to a party last night and we had a great time alot of flirting and some kissing. At the end of the night i gave her a kiss goodnight and left. My question is when do you call them. Do you call them a day later, two,?
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

DonJuanQuixote

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 22, 2004
Messages
49
Reaction score
0
Location
Illinois
call 24hrs, 26 minutes and 12 seconds later. Statistically proven to work.

Seriously though, I would say it really doesn't matter as long as you dont come off as needy/clingy in your phone interactions. Keep it short and to the point.
 

MindOverMatter

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 21, 2004
Messages
1,887
Reaction score
12
I generally call the next day unless I'm really busy and can't make the call. I noticed that the longer it takes for me to call, the more flaky the girl will be. Waiting periods are stuipid, but hey, each to his own.

If a girl is interested in you, she wont think less of you if you call her the next day, in fact, it will increase her interest and make her like you more. If she's not interested in you, waiting 2-3 days wont make her interested, it will just distance her even more.
 

Fred Da Head

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 21, 2002
Messages
959
Reaction score
4
It doesn't really matter how long you wait, as long as you don't call 16 times in a row. It's not when you call, it's how often. It's fine to call a girl the day after you get her number, but you shouldn't call her two days in a row, unless you have to.

Also, like as DonJuanQuixote said, it's more important to not look needy when you call.

Personally, I call when I can. I'm a busy guy, both with school and with my social life, so I call girls when I happen to have time. I always make the first call within a week, but it's really between one and seven day. Usually 3-4 days though.
 

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 5, 2002
Messages
5,550
Reaction score
18
Age
47
Location
Hiding in Penkitten's Linen Closet
Originally posted by Egocontrol
I took this girl to a party last night and we had a great time alot of flirting and some kissing. At the end of the night i gave her a kiss goodnight and left. My question is when do you call them. Do you call them a day later, two,?
Wow, what a unique question. It is amazing that it has never, ever been asked before in the entire history of this site.
 

“The 22 Psychological Triggers That Make Women Chase You… Starting Tonight”

Forget the cash, the cars, and the chiseled jawlines. Female desire operates on a completely different frequency. Primal. Subconscious. Triggers that bypass her logic and hit her on a gut level. Most guys are totally blind to them.

I know because I was one of them. The overthinking. The paralysis. The silent drive home kicking yourself for freezing up. Watching average guys walk away with the girl while you stood there stuck in your own head.

Then I decoded the psychology behind what actually makes women tick. 22 hard rules.  Subtle behavioral shifts that rewired my entire reality. The anxiety evaporated. Women started leaning in. Investing. Chasing.

Read more...

Yeto

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 24, 2004
Messages
31
Reaction score
0
If you call the next day, you are being predictable, and look needy, and it works better if you make her think and wait at least one day, you should know this, it even in the movies!!!
 

-HPNOTIQ-

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 3, 2003
Messages
821
Reaction score
11
Location
Seattle, WA
Re: Re: when to call

Originally posted by Giovanni Casanova
Wow, what a unique question. It is amazing that it has never, ever been asked before in the entire history of this site.
LOL..:cool:
 

MindOverMatter

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 21, 2004
Messages
1,887
Reaction score
12
If you call the next day, you are being predictable, and look needy, and it works better if you make her think and wait at least one day, you should know this, it even in the movies!!!
This is one of the biggest myths out there. Like you said, it's in all the movies, everyone's seen Swingers, this is nothing new.

All of my male friends wait 2-3 days before calling.

All my female friends/former roomates KNOW that guys wait 2-3 days just to look cool, not because they're actually busy. Girls are not stuipid, they know which guys are stock brokers who spend 24 hrs on the phone, and which guys sit at home playing hard to get.

There is NOTHING unique about calling 2-3 days, it's a social norm nowdays, almost every guy does it. Don't kid yourself, it's very predictable.

If the girl thinks you're hot and you wait 2-3 days, they'll probably let it slide, but if they were only moderately interested, the waiting period will turn them off, and they'll flake on you. My wingwoman does it all the time.

I'm telling you from field experiance, the best way to prevent girls from flaking out on you is:

1.) Ask her out first before asking for her number. If you jump right to the number close, that's all you will get, a number.
2.) Call the next day.
 

smoke city

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 21, 2004
Messages
197
Reaction score
0
I agree.
Actually it's more unpredictable to call the next day. Women know about the time frames--my brother called a girl once (I guess the next day) and she actually said she was "surprised he didn't use the 3 day rule"
They ended up dating for a year.
 
Top