"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

When to call her your girlfriend

bootmeup

Don Juan
Joined
Nov 19, 2003
Messages
14
Reaction score
0
Hi Gentleman,

I have been dating a women for almost 9 weeks now. We have seen each other once a week, and I talk to her approx. 1 ot 2 times a week. I have not decided whether I want an LTR or committed relationship with her. I have never privately or publically called her my girldfriend, or said the "I love you" thing yet. I have practiced my DJ skills.

I currently am also dating several other women <I met everyone using on-line services, it's my preferred method>.

I am hosting a party on Saturday and the women I have been dating for a few months will be there, but obvously none of the others.

Here is the QUESTION:

How should I introduce the women I have been dating a few months at my party. I do like her alot, but I don't want to say something publically that leads her to think that she is my steady/only girl at this point, because I haven't really decided yet. But also I do not want to embarras her or make her feel uncomfortable at the party either.

What is the best way to handle this situation.

Thanks to all my buds in advanced.
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

b's nuts

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 31, 2003
Messages
626
Reaction score
1
Age
42
Location
If I was up your ass you'd know
instead of saying "this is my girlfriend jane" or t"his is my friend jane" wich could put you on the spot with her, just say "this is jane"

easy enough.

also, wait for her to bring it up that you want to be exclusive, gives you the upper hand.
 

Aztec

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 20, 2001
Messages
1,383
Reaction score
1
Location
New Jersey
Originally posted by b's nuts
instead of saying "this is my girlfriend jane" or t"his is my friend jane" wich could put you on the spot with her, just say "this is jane"

easy enough.

also, wait for her to bring it up that you want to be exclusive, gives you the upper hand.

I agree.


I had a convo with an old friend of mine about this. I asked him the same hypothetical question (your topic). He said that if a couple is consistently seeing each other for over 3 months, then it's safe to say that they are an item. Of course that's debatable but a good rule of thumb.
 

Wiesman44

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 2, 2004
Messages
1,341
Reaction score
14
I'm surprised she hasn't talked to you about the whole relationship thing yet. Normally girls are the first to jump on that wagon, and the guy usually agrees to it b/c thats what he wants.
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

Aztec

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 20, 2001
Messages
1,383
Reaction score
1
Location
New Jersey
Originally posted by Wiesman44
I'm surprised she hasn't talked to you about the whole relationship thing yet. Normally girls are the first to jump on that wagon, and the guy usually agrees to it b/c thats what he wants.
Don't be surprised. Even if sex is involved. That was my belief too until my last relationship. I thought that sex will solidify my need for the LTR but boy I was wrong.
 

MRomeo99

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 19, 2004
Messages
158
Reaction score
0
Location
Sunny Florida
I ****ed up this exact thing last night, called a girl I've been seeing for a few months my friend when I was introducing her. I'm still getting **** for that.

I agree with what the other poster said.

Either:

a. This is Jane
or
b. This my date Jane

C. this is my friend Jane- Not so very good introduction.
 
Top