"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

when to ask a girl to prom.

oElS

Don Juan
Joined
Mar 12, 2004
Messages
71
Reaction score
0
When should you ask a girl to prom, 3 months ahead, 2?
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

TyTe`EyEs

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 25, 2004
Messages
1,049
Reaction score
2
Age
41
Location
Tallahassee
That sounds alright. I don't think you can ask too early, but you could ask too late.
 

NEWBIE101

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Mar 27, 2003
Messages
488
Reaction score
0
Age
100
Location
USA- Always improving my game
Originally posted by TyTe`EyEs
I don't think you can ask too early, but you could ask too late.
Definitely. You don't want to wait too long or they'll all have dates already.
 

Centaurion

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 27, 2001
Messages
2,314
Reaction score
17
Location
Europe
christ! asking a chick to a dance thats 3months down the road!!??? damn.

a couple of weeks worked fine for me.
 

McKindley

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Apr 23, 2003
Messages
418
Reaction score
0
Age
44
Location
Charleston, SC
It'll be really simple; just ask about the time of year when everyone starts talking about it. (One year I actually got my date 4 days before the prom. I don't reccommend waiting that long.)
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

NEWBIE101

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Mar 27, 2003
Messages
488
Reaction score
0
Age
100
Location
USA- Always improving my game
Originally posted by Centaurion
christ! asking a chick to a dance thats 3months down the road!!??? damn.

a couple of weeks worked fine for me.
At my school everyone had their dates a month before at the latest for the most part.
 

LikRetsam

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 30, 2003
Messages
1,633
Reaction score
1
This may not be helpful to you.... or it may be very helpful to you:

They are asking me, not the other way around.
 
Top