when someone disrespects you

randalll

Don Juan
Reaction score
how do you react?

EXAMPLE: one of my flatmate's broke an egg into one of my pans, i'm in a flat with 9 other guys, no idea which one it is yet but it could have been any of about 4 of them i think

would you use their pans untill one of them washes yours? say something to one of them? or just wash the pan and forget about it? (i'd lose my own respect if i did that)

it seems like a no-win situation really, because if i react, people will say i cant take a joke, and should get over it. if i dont react, they'll think they can get away with more next time.

that was just an example, but is there a 'perfect' way to handle a situation like this?

post your opinions and similar stories and how you dealt with them.

thanks in advance

randall

Stud No1

Don Juan
Reaction score
take the joke - even laugh

but make sure 1- you give as good as you get and 2- you dont become the usual easy target.

If its evenly spread (these pranks) between ur mates then no harm

randalll

Don Juan
Reaction score
take the joke - even laugh

but make sure 1- you give as good as you get and 2- you dont become the usual easy target.

If its evenly spread (these pranks) between ur mates then no harm

just gone and put chili powder in his suger :D

practical jokes do happen to me a lot more than anyone else though. if they were even i wouldn't have made this thread.

also, i think reacting like i've just done might backfire because i've got a lot more food and cutlery and pans than he has, all he had was sugar and chili!