Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

when someone asks for your number at work

Heretolearn

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi,

What is the best way to handle when a boss or work colleague asks for your number at work. *assuming you are not interested.

You could say 'I do not date/hang out with work colleagues but that just gives hope that if you were not work colleagues than it would work'. I foresee this may cause problems later.

As you see the person regularly, you want to create a situation where both parties are comfortable and not feeling weird. Also, a way for the asker to save face to colleagues when the asker is turned down for the number.

Please give advice for these 2 situations:

A)
asker: Woman
askee: Man

OR
B)

asker: Man
askee: Woman

OR
C)

asker: Woman
askee: Woman

* just kidding, you wish :)

Phyzzle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
'that just gives hope that if you were not work colleagues than it would work'. I foresee this may cause problems later.
It won't cause anything later. Why would it? You won't be working there anymore.

How many times has a woman asked for your number? How many times at work?

Threads are much more interesting if you only ask about problems that you have personally encountered.

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tell them you have a problem with your phone and that you will give them your email instead.

If she dosn't get that this was a slight brushoff and email's you anyway, then you should respond to the email stright to the point, that you are flattered but you are already seeing someone. If it was just a casual email asking you to hang out, then respond after a few days saying that you are really busy right now but when you schedule opens up you will give them a shout (which of coarse you won't but eventually they will see that you are too buzy for them and leave you alone).

flexion_

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"I don't date people I work with...". If at a later date she doesn't work there and asks you out again then tell her to piss off ... as she no longer works with you. And if this situation ever happens - write a book.

Heretolearn

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I appreciate your responses. Nevertheless, I was hoping for a better solution. I do not like the solutions offered above as it is still leading a person on. t is what this board complains about when the roles are reversed.

In reality, when this has happened to me *girl asks for my number. I generally give my email out as I always need more friends.

In this instance though, a girl is asking me for advice on how to handle a person at her work asking for her number. What do you suggest?

Phyzzle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In this instance though, a girl is asking me for advice on how to handle a person at her work asking for her number.
Geez, so why didn't you just SAY that? You're allowed to ask direct questions here.

What do you suggest?
Well it depends!

If he can take a hint, "I'm too busy" or "I don't date coworkers."

But for clueless social retard chumps, anything other than "NO!" is leading him on. She must say, "NO!" or "get the fck away from me."

Make sense? This guy will either take the hint or not. Not rocket science.

Latinoman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yendor28 said:
In this instance though, a girl is asking me for advice on how to handle a person at her work asking for her number. What do you suggest?

If you want CLEAR advice...then be more CLEAR.

Who (boss, peer, subordinate, etc.) is the person asking her for her number? And for what purpose (work or non-work related)?

Heretolearn

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
information:

askee is waitress, asker is chef. Asker knows askee has boyfriend. Can only assume non work related purpose.

Phyzzle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She has a boyfriend? Then say "I have a boyfriend."

Not rocket science.

If he asks again, "are you deaf? I have a boyfriend. That means no digits to other guys."

Latinoman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yendor28 said:
information:

askee is waitress, asker is chef. Asker knows askee has boyfriend. Can only assume non work related purpose.

Well...if she has a boyfriend...then why are you getting involved? It is NOT your business. And for Christ sake, she is a waitress...it is not that hard to make a "career move" in that particular field.

You are acting like a "girlfriend".