When should I begin cutting?

I'm 5' 10". I began training 7 months ago, following the Stronglifts 3x5 beginner program and now the Madcow 5x5 intermediate program. My weight has been stable, staying between 188 and 193 lb. So that must mean I'm eating at or slightly above maintenance, which is good since I've continued to bulk slowly without any issues. I should be somewhere between 20-25% body fat. I'm definitely stronger, but eventually want to lose body fat and get ripped. I wonder how much I should be able to lift before I begin dieting. What lift targets should I hit or when should I begin cutting?

This is the max I can lift as of today. I'm continuing to progress by adding 5 lbs per week for the main lifts.
  • squat — 255 lb x 1 set x 5 reps
  • deadlift — 290 lb x 1 x 5
  • overhead press — 118 lb x 3 x 2/3/2. This means 2 reps, 3 reps, and 2 reps for total of 3 sets.
  • pendlay row — 150 lb x 1 x 5
  • bench press — 180 lb x 3 x 3
  • chin-ups — BW x 4 x 5/3/3/(10). This means 5 reps, 3 reps, 3 reps, and 10 negatives for total of 4 sets.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Cut in the summer when you become an advanced lifter (plateauing regularly... having over training issues, etc.). Outdoor workouts are more fun. Take up a cardio you like and really go at it. It's a nice change from the gym and you'll enjoy the weather more.

@EyeBRollin thanks for elaborating. I know you said before to keep going until I plateau. I'll be sure to do that since my weight has been stable for months since I began training.

Once I go from weekly to monthly gains and transition to an advanced program like Wendler 5/3/1, I'll reassess and consider cutting. You're right that I'll most likely be an advanced lifter around next summer time. I'll probably hit advanced strengths standards between 1-year training anniversary next April and the start of summer in June. In the meantime, I'll work on following your diet principles the best I can. :up:

How This "Nice Guy" Steals Women from Jerks

Did you know a woman can be totally UN-ATTRACTED to you...

And she'll still sleep with you?

If you've ever seen a girl go home with some asshole she didn't even LIKE, you know this is true.

But how is this possible?

Because deep inside her brain, sexual desire has nothing to do with what you LOOK like...

And everything to do with how you make her FEEL.

Matt Cook knows this all too well.

Matt is a nice guy... but he steals women from JERKS all the time.

In this free video training below, he'll show you how he does it:

How to Control Her Emotions and Make Her Chase You