Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

When on a Date… Sit Beside Her or Sit Across from Her?

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It’s ideal if the bar you choose has chairs that swivel…
You'd think with generations of bar social dynamics, that swivel seats would be the standard. I guess to many drunk people get dizzy or something?

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I’ve heard differing opinions on this.

I get that sitting beside her lets you be more physical on the date but I hate turning my head to make eye contact the whole date lol. It just feels awkward.

On the other hand, sitting across from her you can’t be as physical so you risk the date being more platonic. But, you can effortlessly make the strong “lazer” eye contact.

I know different people have different results, so I’ll have to find what works for me. But I was curious what the Don Juans on here did.
Beside. Always. Excuse for kino and esculation.

Sit and signal her to sit beside you. Compliance test always.

Moreover always pick quiet destinations and preferably darker than lighter. Movies over dinner. If you can have your own booth or something more intimate pick that.

Build W algorithms. Have contingency plan. Free association ftw. General outline. Flow state kicks off naturally after enough experience.

When in doubt always shoot your shot. Always esculate. Make your move.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you are seated at a bar, sitting next to her makes perfect sense.

In a restaurant booth, sitting next to her (with the opposite side of the booth empty) would feel weird/awkward to me.
That's called tension lol. I want it awkward.

Blow me or blow me out.

Take up space. Be breaking rapport and social conventions.

BadBoy89

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Studies show the best distance is:

2.3 feet - to make her fall in love
1.3 feet - to make her have sex with you

StacksHitEmUp

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Lol, appreciate the visual Pan :oops: was that done intentionally?

I'm teasing.

Anyway, could have probably done without, but it had the intended effect of
proving it works! And was good advice.
Can you two finally link up and smash yet?

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

I get that sitting beside her lets you be more physical on the date but I hate turning my head to make eye contact the whole date lol. It just feels awkward.

On the other hand, sitting across from her you can’t be as physical so you risk the date being more platonic. But, you can effortlessly make the strong “lazer” eye contact.

I know different people have different results, so I’ll have to find what works for me. But I was curious what the Don Juans on here did.
Sitting somewhere where you can't touch a woman makes it easy for her to suck down free food and drink whilst not giving you any play.

It's much better to put her to the test from the beginning and deal with her or not based on her reactions.

Grounded eagle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

I always like sitting beside her because kino is basically effortless that way.Eye contact is just as effortless as if she was sitting across from you.But the best thing for me is the proximity,which makes creating intimacy easy.

You’d have to really be slow witted to be unable to create a connection with someone seated right next to you.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sitting beside her is better for first date escalation purposes. It's more difficult to do some of the pre-kiss escalation tactics when sitting across from someone at a table on a first date.

It matters less after the first date. Being beside her does help you test the waters of attraction more easily to escalate into kissing more easily.
First date escalation is very important. I’ve found that if you don’t make some serious moves on her on the first date, you will never see that girl ever again. That’s just the way it goes

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Beside. Always. Excuse for kino and esculation.

Sit and signal her to sit beside you. Compliance test always.

Moreover always pick quiet destinations and preferably darker than lighter. Movies over dinner. If you can have your own booth or something more intimate pick that.

Build W algorithms. Have contingency plan. Free association ftw. General outline. Flow state kicks off naturally after enough experience.

When in doubt always shoot your shot. Always esculate. Make your move.
“W Algorithms,” I absolutely love it lol.

Sounds like sitting beside her is the best play because you absolutely need to go through the kino escalation steps on the date for it to be effective.

Here’s what the plan should be, in my head:
Wherever possible, sit beside her. However, there are some situations where sitting beside her just doesn’t make logical sense.

For example, in a coffee/smoothie shop in my town that has the smaller booths. Sitting beside her in that situation makes absolutely no sense lol, I don’t think there’s even room to make that work.

In that case, I suppose the “W Algorithm” would be to sit across from her, making sure you are sexualizing the date as always, of course. Lazer eye contact. You’d have to do more kino once you got to the house later on, as other members suggested. Which is fine.

So our “W Algorithm” is kind of dynamic lol

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you are seated at a bar, sitting next to her makes perfect sense.

In a restaurant booth, sitting next to her (with the opposite side of the booth empty) would feel weird/awkward to me.
I agree with this… like in the coffee shop example I gave. There’s just two booths with not that much space. In that situation, sitting beside her makes absolutely no sense lol. It literally wouldn’t even work.

So in that situation, I’d have to sit across from her, use the lazer eye contact, and sexualize(as you always should be doing.) Then, I would kino more later on the date after I brought her home so that the escalation is smooth.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I always like sitting beside her because kino is basically effortless that way.Eye contact is just as effortless as if she was sitting across from you.But the best thing for me is the proximity,which makes creating intimacy easy.

You’d have to really be slow witted to be unable to create a connection with someone seated right next to you.
And that’s exactly what I need. Absolutely fool proof methods :lol:

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That helps out a lot though, guys. I’ll definitely implement this on my next date, for the escalation!