Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

When is too old for men to have kids?

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Everyone should be at least comfortably wealthy by 55 or else it means they've really ****ed up. Same goes for fitness.

I would argue having children and getting married young will decrease your odds of building wealth and maintaining fitness over your lifetime, due to the added stress and sacrifices to be made.

Then again, I have zero interest in them myself, so maybe I'm missing the bigger picture here.
The age range where female fertility peaks is 18-24. There's a reason why men ages 18-50 almost uniformly are most physically attracted to 21-23 year old women. 21-23 year old women represent the physical attractiveness peak. Men are most physically attracted to fertile women.

Men are typically around 3 years older than their partner. The age range that I think is best for men to have children is 25-35. This is the maturity vs. youth sweet spot in terms of life experiences. That age range is old enough to have dated around a bit. A 25 year old man will have been a participant in the mating environment for 8-10 years. When you as a man have kids between 25-35, you are young enough to be physically active and keep up with raising kids yet old enough to be somewhat mature and stable. A 17 year old male having kids with his 16 year old girlfriend is a recipe for bad socioeconomic outcomes. A 27 year old man and 26 year old woman are in a much better positiion.

Once a man turns 35, he's going to have to start think about his physical limitations and starting to plan for retirement. Having kids by 35 ensures that the kids are adult aged by the time he turns 55.

There is no biological clock for men on a physiological basis because we can impregnate women for a long time. In effect, there is one because we are not able to attract substantially younger women who give us the best odds for fatherhood at a certain point. The typical man who is between 35-40 and finds himself unattached is begging for vaginal scraps from women close to his own age. Those women are far from peak fertility.

Additionally, our sperm is not as good later in life. To offset that, we need a substantially younger woman. A 40 year old man can much more easily impregnate a 25 year old woman than a 37 year old woman.

Zimbabwe

Banned
Reaction score
My father was in his 40s when me and my younger siblings were born, a man can still have children even when his 100 years old. You could always go to the Philippines and marry a 21 year old to have kids with .

There was some guy on the Rooshv forum that impregnated like 46 different women in the Philippines.

Plinco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd say for most men the answer is 40.

If you're a man and you start a family around 37-42, the birth of a child is going to potentially impact your retirement plans. If a man at 40 has a kid, he'll be 58 when the kid finishes high school. If the kid attends college and graduates on time, that is age 62. Men around age 60 are planning for retirement. Also, older men have to take job security into consideration. If a man in his 50s gets laid off from a white collar job, he will not get re-employed. He will likely face early retirement or get some piddly McJob. You don't want to be the 56 year old man with a 13 year old who got laid off. If you're forced into early retirement, it is best to have children over 18 or be childless.

The typical 35-40 year old man does not have what it takes to attract a woman substantially younger. 5 years younger is good, but yet to be at substantial. 7-10 is the beginnings of substantially younger. The typical 35-40 year old man on swipe apps is a vagina beggar for women within 3 years of his own age.

Women's eggs have an expiration date. Men's sperm doesn't have the same expiration date but men's ability to attract a woman substantially younger is the main challenge for 35+ men who are interested in having children.
A man's peak depends on what he does and who he is.

About having children, always ask what is in your rational self-interest; everybody is different and it is your responsibility to know yourself.

Snag87

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Everyone should be at least comfortably wealthy by 55 or else it means they've really ****ed up. Same goes for fitness.

I would argue having children and getting married young will decrease your odds of building wealth and maintaining fitness over your lifetime, due to the added stress and sacrifices to be made.

Then again, I have zero interest in them myself, so maybe I'm missing the bigger picture here.
I doubt we'd have a functional society if every 55+ year old was wealthy.

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I doubt we'd have a functional society if every 55+ year old was wealthy.
Nor would we if every guy had top-tier SMV, but it can be assumed that the conformist masses will descend into mediocrity as they age, as is typical.

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Better to have kids when you are mature, ready and willing than when you are young, dumb and unprepared.

There is no real limit on having kids other than death. Anthony Quinn had 12 kids starting in 1941 and didn't stop until 1996, when he was 81.

Yes, children with older parents were outliers in the past. I had a classmate whose parents had him when they were in their 40s and he def caught flak for having older parents. But this is no longer the case. More and more couples are seeking fertility treatments and having kids later in their lives, so this won't be much of an issue going forward.

Go watch a few episodes of the Jeremy Kyle show and let us know if you are of the same opinion.

Bad breeding leads to mutts.

Way too many mutts in the world.
Bad breeding??? Mutts? It sounds like you're advocating eugenics. That has already been tried and there's a good reason that it's not around anymore.

"good breeding" leads to inbreeding, which leads to actual bad breeding.