Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

When is Pook coming back to post "The Gift"?

George Gordon

Banned
Reaction score
He said he would post "The Gift" before he disappeared.

But I haven't seen it yet.

Let Pook not be made out to be a liar!

!GEORGE GORDON!

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Pook is long gone. He hasn’t been here since 2013, and that was just an anonymous visit.

George Gordon

Banned
Reaction score
No, he's coming back! Just wait! He said he would post it; thus, he will.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Darn, I was hoping Pook would return to tell us how to get out of this coronavirus mess.

T_Rex

Don Juan
Reaction score
He said he would post "The Gift" before he disappeared.

But I haven't seen it yet.

Let Pook not be made out to be a liar!

!GEORGE GORDON!
sorry about taking this all back from so long ago but um...

I was just here reading the one post where you (yes, you George Gordon) was talking to him about your friend's girlfriends hitting on you and somewhere there in the convo he says he would make a document of everything he posted here plus unpublished material and release (not clarifying how or where, just saying it wouldn't be here). He never answered you last message there.

I got the feeling he passed away suddenly and didn't had the time to come back and do what he intended. It's impossible to think he wouldn't understand the impact his thoughts had on a score of dudes and how his posts here popped the bubble and went way beyond. Some other place he stated he was here for too long already (around 2005-06) but I sure think he still stuff to say.

George Gordon

Banned
Reaction score
The manosphere needs the @Pook more than ever right now. He is wise and experienced on these matters beyond compare. But where is he? Does he not realize his services are needed, and it should be his duty to step up to the podium?

Fine. If not him, I'll turn myself into a Pook. Remember how his signature used to say "Become a Pook" then he linked to a gaining muscle program. I bought that program and once put on 30lbs of pure muscle. I'll do it again, if I have to. But this time I'll put on 50lbs, just the @Pook did!

Who wants to see me do it?

Keep in mind, I'm currently an alcoholic and a smoker, so I have two massive hurdles to jump. But if you guys want another Pook, I'll do it!

T_Rex

Don Juan
Reaction score
The manosphere needs the @Pook more than ever right now. He is wise and experienced on these matters beyond compare. But where is he? Does he not realize his services are needed, and it should be his duty to step up to the podium?

Fine. If not him, I'll turn myself into a Pook. Remember how his signature used to say "Become a Pook" then he linked to a gaining muscle program. I bought that program and once put on 30lbs of pure muscle. I'll do it again, if I have to. But this time I'll put on 50lbs, just the @Pook did!

Who wants to see me do it?

Keep in mind, I'm currently an alcoholic and a smoker, so I have two massive hurdles to jump. But if you guys want another Pook, I'll do it!
I'm nobody to give you advice, but uhm... Do it for yourself if you would. Not for us.

I'm perfectly fine with the idea you old school guys became some kind of David Xs with a round and hard belly, some grayish beard, drinking and smoking and still banging 25 yo 9s lmao

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I always just figured Pook moved on to more important things.

George Gordon

Banned
Reaction score
I'm nobody to give you advice, but uhm... Do it for yourself if you would. Not for us.

I'm perfectly fine with the idea you old school guys became some kind of David Xs with a round and hard belly, some grayish beard, drinking and smoking and still banging 25 yo 9s lmao
Who honestly does anything inherently for themselves?

I think that's a fallacy.

Especially we as men, we want respect more than anything. But that depends on others giving it to us. And for that to happen, we have to give them a reason.

Us men want recognition, and there's nothing wrong with that. I would say it's built into us instinctively.

We all need a motive to change. And often times that comes from the external, doesn't it?
I always just figured Pook moved on to more important things.
More important things than being a benefactor to other men? Is there such a thing?

Xenom0rph

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There was a time when I considered Pook's words to be timeless.... I thought he could have been the Marcus Aurelius of the Manosphere.....

..but sadly, his words did not survive the test of time like Marcus Aurelius'.....social media and OLD have revealed women's true nature. Forget about "Frame" or "abundance mentality" or "No contact" or "push/pull" or any of that nonsense.....

In the social media era the only things that matter are Looks, Height, Money....

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
More important things than being a benefactor to other men? Is there such a thing?
More important than banging random women. From what he said, there was never a time when he really struggled with women anyway. He said women had always been drawn to him because he was tall. So maybe it wasn't really that much of a challenge for him. He had said that a few years before he wrote his "50 lbs. of muscle" story. I always found that story puzzling because it didn't square with some of his older statements. But I didn't know he was selling a bodybuilding program, that would explain it.

T_Rex

Don Juan
Reaction score
Who honestly does anything inherently for themselves?

I think that's a fallacy.

Especially we as men, we want respect more than anything. But that depends on others giving it to us. And for that to happen, we have to give them a reason.

Us men want recognition, and there's nothing wrong with that. I would say it's built into us instinctively.
It seems you didn't read "The Way of Men". Respect is tied to mastery and courage. And you have that (at least this is what I expect from anyone with 20 years of DJing). You don't need to be Pook 2.0 to be respected. You're already respected as George Gordon.

My biggest regret at the moment is to have spent all my life up to this point living for myself, caring about my own problems, doing what brought me pleasure. I need to do more for other people, for my community. Maybe I'm being a little too harsh on myself (which is the norm for me) but I definitely feel I MUST do more for others. I feel I've done too little.

We all need a motive to change. And often times that comes from the external, doesn't it?
That's true. But change is something that also happens to us, not just something we do. And we not always need to change. But again, if you feel the need to change, it's for you. You feel you have to change because you are dissatisfied with your present condition. To me you look fine just the way you are lmao I/we have nothing to do with the way you perceive yourself. Or at least as DJs, we shouldn't let it affect us. Control your emotions, 'member?

My theory is he doesn't know (or knew) he is a such a benefactor to other men. Maybe he thought he was just posting on an obscure forum without realizing how far the ripples of the pebble he threw were going.

Bottom line, maybe you let yourself get complacent and forgot who you are. Maybe that's where you need to change, just to come back. Because like Pook used to say, you don't live to DJ, you DJ to live. DJ becomes your life, it becomes yourself, it becomes the only way you know how to exist in the world. For the past 5-7 years I haven't been able to turn it off for a single moment. When I relax, something happens and I kick myself for relaxing and remember David X's quote: "Be relentless". It never stops. It never ends. It's a way to react to the world, who's always checking if you're still there and going strong.

Last edited:

T_Rex

Don Juan
Reaction score
More important than banging random women. From what he said, there was never a time when he really struggled with women anyway. He said women had always been drawn to him because he was tall. So maybe it wasn't really that much of a challenge for him. He had said that a few years before he wrote his "50 lbs. of muscle" story. I always found that story puzzling because it didn't square with some of his older statements. But I didn't know he was selling a bodybuilding program, that would explain it.
I'm not in the position to question 1st hand accounts of how it was like back then but the link redirects to the forum mainpage. I always thought this was on purpose, because to be a Pook and look like a Pook you gotta be in the Forum shaping yourself and others.

"This is how you become a Pook: meet the Forum!"

George Gordon

Banned
Reaction score
I'm not in the position to question 1st hand accounts of how it was like back then but the link redirects to the forum mainpage. I always thought this was on purpose, because to be a Pook and look like a Pook you gotta be in the Forum shaping yourself and others.

"This is how you become a Pook: meet the Forum!"
Nope, it originally meant: gain 50lbs of muscle mass by following Ellis' program.

I'll reply to your first post tomorrow when I'm sober and have the time to concentrate.

T_Rex

Don Juan
Reaction score
Nope, it originally meant: gain 50lbs of muscle mass by following Ellis' program.

I'll reply to your first post tomorrow when I'm sober and have the time to concentrate.
I remembered the post where he talks about his gainz and went there. The link for the program also takes you to the forum mainpage.

But googling for it I found this: https://www.reddit.com/r/gainit/comments/pbj5z
Was Pook recommending a book? Assuming the very likely possibility he's not Ellis, what would he be earning from recommending a book? Was he selling the book? Was he selling a program by telling people there was a book where the author he mentions the name tells you the exact same thing? lmao knowing Pook was not this stupid, I hardly think he was selling anything

logicallefty

Reaction score
In the social media era the only things that matter are Looks, Height, Money....
Looks, height, and money help get you in the door. Game determines how long you stay and how far you get.