Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

When Guys Try to Amog You - How do you handle?

denizenkane

Don Juan
Reaction score
What about just engaging them both in a conversation? Is that so hard? If he is really there to protect her its much easier to show him that you are not a threat than to "out-alpha" him. Plus it shows how cool you are.

Victory Unlimited

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yo Troops,

Certain environments are conducive to men "and women" behaving badly.

Some great examples ARE bars, nightclubs, big parties, etc. Almost any place where the senses are being assaulted via loud music, crowds of people, flashing lights, alcohol, and "recreational drugs" are prime breeding grounds for "disrespectful" behavior.

Also, factor in the fact that if you happen to be with a woman that you have no stated "claim" on (i.e. she is NOT your established long term relationship girlfriend or your WIFE), then the chances are high that some guy is going to come up and make a play for her.

"To HELL with this other guy. I'm gonna go see if I can get at her too!" he thinks to himself as he goes after the woman you happen to be talking to.

The end result is a confrontation of some sort:

Either externally - You commence to crack open a fresh keg of "Whoop Ass" on him.

Or internally - You feel disrespected, outraged, or embarrassed that some other guy has come up and hit you with a SERIOUS cokkblock.

Either way, the situation is NOT a good one.

My recommendations would be for guys to minimize the number of venues you frequent WITH a woman that are conducive to muthaFukkas "actin' a fool". Or, if you just happen to meet a girl at a venue like this-------think TWICE before getting into any kind of physical altercation.

Only exclusive, worthy girlfriends and wives deserve to have their "honor" defended against talkative, touch-feely, horny-assed guys.

All others are on their own. You owe them, and yourself NOTHING. There is NO shame in stepping off when a girl you WERE talking to "chooses" to TALK to the newly arrived guy INSTEAD of you.

What a woman like this has done is confirm that she has POOR choice in men since she DIDN'T choose "you", right soldier??? :yes:

On a side note/Case in Point:

I remember going to a nightclub once, and one guy was trying to hit on a girl who was "clearly' with another dude. Well, one act of disrespect led to another and a fight broke out.

It was like something out of a movie:

Chairs flying.

Tables broken.

Liquor bottles flying all over the place.

Etc.

Well, when the police arrived, they hauled BOTH guys off in a squad car. Meanwhile, I noticed that the chick they were fighting over wound up going home with ANOTHER dude who was ALSO trying to get with her earlier that same night.

So at the end of the day, the two "Alpha Male Macho Men" with something to prove wound up spending the night in jail, while the "nondescript regular guy" probably wound up spending the night with chick THEY were just fighting over.

You don't have to be wearing "Night Vision Goggles" to see who the winners and LOSERS were in that "AMOG" scenario, do you?

Soldier on.

Last edited:

TheAsianLoverReturns

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Chronocidal said:
So in other words, you maintain that if someone disrespects one, a "real man" should resort to physical violence or at least the threat thereof.

Do I understand correctly now?
It's not something you can understand, especially if I have to explain it to you.

I'm sure the older guys on the forum will understand.

Chronocidal

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
TheAsianLoverReturns said:
It's not something you can understand, especially if I have to explain it to you.

I'm sure the older guys on the forum will understand.
Your presumption is unfounded. I'd believe I qualify as one of the older guys, and yet somehow whatever it is you describe is somehow too advanced beyond any hope of understanding by the minds of mere mortals such as I, correct?

TheAsianLoverReturns

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Chronocidal said:
Your presumption is unfounded. I'd believe I qualify as one of the older guys, and yet somehow whatever it is you describe is somehow too advanced beyond any hope of understanding by the minds of mere mortals such as I, correct?
No you misunderstand me. I don't believe you will understand because I have the feeling you are domesticated. Perhaps I am wrong.

The worst thing you can do when faced with a large predator in the wild is to turn your back and run. At that moment you become prey.

No police to protect you. No rule of law. No courts or prisons.

Stand your ground.

Among human animals, there are predators and prey, wolves and pork chops.

This isn't some some comment about how to be alpha or why you should beat someone up if they talk to a girl you're talking to. That's stupid.

If I bump into someone, I say "sorry about that, pardon my bump." If a guy talks to the girl I'm with, if she feels him more than me, than so be it. The woman chooses.

However if a man confuses me as prey and I consider him a threat, then I stand my ground and let him know he's dealing with a wolf.

Rubirosa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I like the words of these 2 ex Presidents

Theodore Roosevelt : "Even though I was afraid, I continued to act like I wasn't afraid, and I eventually I WASN"T AFRAID."

Lyndon Johnson : "If you let a bully in the front yard, the next day he'll be on your front porch, and then the next day after that he'll be raping your wife in your own bed."

TheAsianLoverReturns

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Rubirosa said:
I like the words of these 2 ex Presidents

Theodore Roosevelt : "Even though I was afraid, I continued to act like I wasn't afraid, and I eventually I WASN"T AFRAID."

Lyndon Johnson : "If you let a bully in the front yard, the next day he'll be on your front porch, and then the next day after that he'll be raping your wife in your own bed."
Exactly!

cassanova35

Don Juan
Reaction score
simple, move on ! theres plenty of women in that bar im sure, just find another women you find attractive and start talking to her. It's like animals they do a similar thing at the end of the day the women has the final choice who she wishes to talk to. but some men are like that, they will just steal form you regardless lol... MOVE ON !!!! find someone else to talk to .... 'plenty of fish in the sea' :)

Chronocidal

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
TheAsianLoverReturns said:
This isn't some some comment about how to be alpha or why you should beat someone up if they talk to a girl you're talking to. That's stupid.
No one said it was such a comment. We may have somehow been talking past each other.

I was asking whether you maintain that "real men" are to respond to personal disrespect with physical violence or the threat thereof.

Reyaj

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Kailex said:
If the woman has a high enough IL, she won't turn away from you to pay attention to the other guy. Not only that, but if you start walking away because he's talking to her, she'll follow you.

I know it sounds like theory, but it's happened to me twice. The first one was "accidental" in that I just saw him talking to her and I had to go to the bathroom so I figured: Screw it. I started walking to the bathroom and she came after me apologizing for "whoever that was".

The second time, it was intentional. Some orbiter was being territorial. I have better things to do than to feel awkward watching someone else's conversation. I walked away on purpose, simply because I was outcome independent. I honestly didn't care if she decided the other guy was better. Well, apparently she liked me more. She came after me and asked if we could go outside from some fresh air. Funny, I never figured fresh air could be found underneath the sheets of a woman's bed.

I totally agree with this. Thank you to VU and everyone else who chimed in here.

See usually when another guy tries to talk a girl I am talking to, I usually just smile and keep talking to her.. and most of the time she is more into me. The 1st scenario I described was different.

I just started talking to this girl.. maybe for 2 minutes and she was showing me IOI's..... then her male friend came in... literally put his hand on her nose and turned her head to him..... She said something to him.. and then said something to me like "sorry my friend is so annoying" I didn't walk away at this point because its up to the girl to choose.... but he had this drunk mad look on his face like he was looking for a confrontation... He then physically got close to the girl and kept dominating her space and using his hand to turn her head back to him when she looked at me. Totally weird situation I never been in before!
Now I really didn't engage in this alpha face off with him... but I didn't walk away either. The girl wasn't even that hot or anything... so I figured a potential conflict wasn't worth it.... but on the other hand maybe I felt a bit disrespected that he physically removed a girl I was talking to...

Thoughts?

Thanks for answering my scenario 2 question. I think its best to just walk away calmly if a bvitch stands and talks to another guy without paying attention to you. I had this girl by the hand though... I should have just let it go and left... not just stand there...

Solomon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Kailex said:
If the woman has a high enough IL, she won't turn away from you to pay attention to the other guy. Not only that, but if you start walking away because he's talking to her, she'll follow you.

I know it sounds like theory, but it's happened to me twice. The first one was "accidental" in that I just saw him talking to her and I had to go to the bathroom so I figured: Screw it. I started walking to the bathroom and she came after me apologizing for "whoever that was".

The second time, it was intentional. Some orbiter was being territorial. I have better things to do than to feel awkward watching someone else's conversation. I walked away on purpose, simply because I was outcome independent. I honestly didn't care if she decided the other guy was better. Well, apparently she liked me more. She came after me and asked if we could go outside from some fresh air. Funny, I never figured fresh air could be found underneath the sheets of a woman's bed.
This is on point

Typically if a dude tries to "AMOG" me, I ignore him, and proceed I literally don't acknowledge them and if I do its on a courtesy level, if its her b/f then i back off and shoot the breeze

squirrels said:
It's all been covered.

Honestly, if it was that easy for him to snatch her away, your "game" was probably tenuous at best...maybe you waited too long to escalate/close. Chalk it up as a learning experience.
I've been on both sides actually, once not to long ago doing some street macking with my buddy D, on these two banging chicks. Just when they were getting comfortable out the blue some guy they knew came around the corner they were all over him. Was his game tighter? not necessarily but he was a guy they knew and had comfort with, D and I were guys on the street they just met.

Some douchbag was trying to Amog me this weekend when I was in Michigan. I honestly just tried to ignore and later on made him take a pic of me and another chick. Just gotta flip it if you can

f283000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Reyaj said:
I just started talking to this girl.. maybe for 2 minutes and she was showing me IOI's..... then her male friend came in... literally put his hand on her nose and turned her head to him..... She said something to him.. and then said something to me like "sorry my friend is so annoying" I didn't walk away at this point because its up to the girl to choose.... but he had this drunk mad look on his face like he was looking for a confrontation... He then physically got close to the girl and kept dominating her space and using his hand to turn her head back to him when she looked at me. Totally weird situation I never been in before!
Now I really didn't engage in this alpha face off with him... but I didn't walk away either. The girl wasn't even that hot or anything... so I figured a potential conflict wasn't worth it.... but on the other hand maybe I felt a bit disrespected that he physically removed a girl I was talking to...

Thoughts?
I hope you were taking notes of that guy :D

She can call him "so annoying" all she wants but you know she damn well liked it!

Dominating her space , physically getting close to this girl, turning her head to look at him with his own hands. All this sounds like some aggressive kino that gets women into bed in no time. While you were standing there like a pansy as some guy that's more alpha than you just took this b|tch away from you.

The stuff he did is what YOU should have done. Maybe you should have gotten closer to her, maybe you should have touched her a bit, maybe you should have dominated her space! If you had done all that maybe she would have brushed the other guy off when he came.

Did you do anything but chit chat with this girl? BORING! So don't hate on the guy for being more masculine and aggressive than you. In club settings and just about all settings the more aggressive male wins.

Everybody here has talked about how to handle amogs but nobody has said anything about what we can learn from amogs.

"AMOGING" goes back to ancient days. Back when man was primitive the alpha male of the tribe didn't ask for permission to dance with a woman, he didn't wait in line as she was talking to another male of the tribe. The alpha male took the woman by force and if the other male of the tribe didn't like it he could either fight to the death or walk away, knowing the other male is stronger and he is the alpha male of the two.

Replace the ancient times with modern dance clubs and we still see the same old practice. The alpha male comes in, gets what he wants, the weaker male knows he can't win so he walks away.

The result is always the same. The woman will go with whoever the alpha male in her eyes is.

runner83

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
f283000 said:

She can call him "so annoying" all she wants but you know she damn well liked it!

Dominating her space , physically getting close to this girl, turning her head to look at him with his own hands. All this sounds like some aggressive kino that gets women into bed in no time. While you were standing there like a pansy as some guy that's more alpha than you just took this b|tch away from you.

The stuff he did is what YOU should have done. Maybe you should have gotten closer to her, maybe you should have touched her a bit, maybe you should have dominated her space! If you had done all that maybe she would have brushed the other guy off when he came.

Did you do anything but chit chat with this girl? BORING! So don't hate on the guy for being more masculine and aggressive than you. In club settings and just about all settings the more aggressive male wins.

Everybody here has talked about how to handle amogs but nobody has said anything about what we can learn from amogs.

"AMOGING" goes back to ancient days. Back when man was primitive the alpha male of the tribe didn't ask for permission to dance with a woman, he didn't wait in line as she was talking to another male of the tribe. The alpha male took the woman by force and if the other male of the tribe didn't like it he could either fight to the death or walk away, knowing the other male is stronger and he is the alpha male of the two.

Replace the ancient times with modern dance clubs and we still see the same old practice. The alpha male comes in, gets what he wants, the weaker male knows he can't win so he walks away.

The result is always the same. The woman will go with whoever the alpha male in her eyes is.
Well said.

Either:

1) You challenge him because you are the alpha male (of course, starting a fight is stupid), or

2) You acknowledge his superiority, and let the guy drag the girl back to his cave by her hair for his pleasure.

Reyaj

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
f283000 said:

You are the first one that is really advocating that I should step up to the confrontation in a situation like this.

I agree that sometimes "alpha" moves like the one he did works.... but then you have the whole notion preached on this board that you shouldn't show so much interest right away.

The reason I didn't try to physically take this girl while he was is because he looked drunk and mad and I had just started talking to this girl for 2 minutes where as he knew her.

In other words... wouldn't it have looked stupid to the girl if a guy who just started talking to her for 2 minutes would fight over her attention??

But in a way you do have a point... I did feel a little disrespected which is what prompted me to write this thread. I guess that temporary feeling of disrespect is worth avoiding a potential conflict with some idiot over a girl I talked to for 2 minutes who isn't even that hot?

PRW63

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Illinois within driving distance of St Louis, Mo
Scenario

You are in a club talking to a girl.... and some other guy comes up outta nowhere and grabs the girl and starts talking to her....
It's all lame over-thinking. If you can't read her immediately and see if she has genuine interest in you or is just tolerating you then it is already over. The other guy probably could read her better than you (even from a distance) and saw she was only tolerating you so he came in and gave her an escape hatch. But if she does like you then she will see the other guy as an annoyance and a "rude intrusion" in woman lingo,...all you have to do is let the guy crash and burn, and if you are friendly to him as he is doing it then it makes you look even better.

oc16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Unless somebody is physically attacking or harassing a friend/family member, fighting is never worth it.

You either end up in the hospital and/or getting criminally charged.

Men need to learn how to control their ego.

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No woman I just met is worth mate guarding in public. PERIOD. SHE has to keep MY attention.

I had a situation at a gathering where I made laser eye contact with a woman at the bar as I walked in the door. She answered her phone with the words "Hello Beautiful" as I got within speaking distance. I heard her remark to her phone about me. I went to the bar and turned my back on her and watched the game on TV.

When my first beer was about finished, industry colleagues started rolling in including one who is a former Division 1 Football linebacker. He sidled up to me, shook my hand and bought my next beer. One by one more colleagues start rolling in greeting me in front of Ms. Hi Top. I was turned with my back to the bar keeping an eye on her as I was having about 3 conversations at a time. She was listening to my conversations as well just waiting for an opportunity or a break in the conversation. By this time she had stepped off her seat, and I broke from my conversation and addressed her directly. "Hello Beautiful, please don't just stand out there, come join us." All my buddies eyes went from me to her, as my linebacker buddy followed with "and what are you drinking miss?"

At this point she became the center of attention as she explained where "Hello Beautiful" came from, and then turned to me and said "You are quite popular" All the while with LASER eye contact. The whole time, I was sitting at the bar, sideways, talking between bites of my dinner as all the middle aged male colleagues of mine circled around and acted like lovestruck orbiters, but with a little more professional panache. She positioned herself close to me and in the crowded bar it was quite close and kino was nearly automatic as we brushed arms and her legs straddled my knee on occasion. She would field a question from one of the guys, then give her reply while looking at me. Eventually, the gaggle spread out as they came to know who the "New Hot Chick" was and I offered her the seat next to me. All the while I remained seated. This time frame was about as long as the second half of the basketball game on the television...

One funny incident was when one of the consultants I work with started telling her about a problem he had she reached into her purse, pulled out a business card, told him she didn't have an answer for him but she would be happy to refer him to the right person, and handed ME the card. "You can ask Rocky for my email...." I was laughing maniacally on the inside....

Cao

Don Juan
Reaction score
Scenario

You are in a club talking to a girl.... and some other guy comes up outta nowhere and grabs the girl and starts talking to her....
You got dominated, it is a healthy thing, it will make you grow. Without this guy you wouldn't step up your game.
If the girl got her attention stolen by him you are probably outmatched.
If you have the balls you can try to confront him on another field, try intimidating him or making fun of him eventually even befriending him. It's about power and enjoying the process.
If you don't feel like enjoying it and are frustrated instead better to just leave than ambarassing yourself further.