"The Coffee Shop Girl You Never Spoke To"

You've replayed it a hundred times. She stood three feet away, scrolling her phone. You had an opening. You composed the perfect line — after she was gone.

For all you know, she's married now. To some guy who said something. Anything.

Openers are cheap. Almost any sentence works when it's delivered within three seconds. The expensive part is the standing there, drafting and deleting, while the window quietly closes.

The "22 Rules" stripped out my hesitation. What to open with, how to keep it alive, and the one habit that costs guys more women than anything else: waiting for perfect.

Read more...

When girls SNAP

sharpshooter

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Apr 3, 2004
Messages
275
Reaction score
4
I was really getting on my friend's (this chick) nerves in a serious way. Kept disputing EVERYTHING she was saying (about a certain subject) and it just escalated into this huge argument. Got to the point where I literally had her stumbling for words...well I guess that was the straw that broke the camel's back because she SNAPPED.

Went off on me about my looks OUT OF NOWHERE. Said she hated my "greaseball hair", my "nasty" looking eyes and mouth. Said I had non existent muscles (which is false, my muscles are huuuge and pumped :)) Followed it up by saying I was just nasty looking haha. She said all of this in a mean envious way. I just laughed it off. She's told me before how she loved my hair, eyes, muscles etc. The point is why would she react like that and say those things. Maybe because I come off as egotistical. She's mentioned this before in the past. Used to tell me she loved everything about me but I was too ****y and she hated that. By the way, i'm never talking to her again.
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

sharpshooter

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Apr 3, 2004
Messages
275
Reaction score
4
got back from the gym, took a shower, ate


and stiiiiiiiiiiiiillllll no replies, haha
 

Life-Trainee

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 29, 2004
Messages
795
Reaction score
0
Location
Boston, MA
Was the argument worth your time? I absolutely never try to change people's opinion or impose my own. I may express my view, or appeal to reason but not in an arrogant manner. When arguments start, any thread of communication is over, all you're working for is resentment and broken communication.
 

Dee-Zy

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 15, 2000
Messages
2,582
Reaction score
5
Age
42
Location
Montreal
Originally posted by sharpshooter
got back from the gym, took a shower, ate


and stiiiiiiiiiiiiillllll no replies, haha
Because this post is a waste of space and Allen's money. What do we care? Why do YOU care? Is this just a ego boost post to toot your own horn about how you have huge muscles and how a girl was showering you with compliments? How does this post matter? In any sense, shape or form?

Next time you hit that new thread button. Think about, am I contributing to this board or just making substanceless braggadocio?
 

blue17

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Aug 5, 2004
Messages
203
Reaction score
0
^^ lol...you beat me to it. This type of stuff really is starting to become a problem around here...
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

Top