Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

When a woman complements other guy

Edison Chen

Don Juan
Reaction score
What’s the best response when a woman complements another man whatever whether is a shyte test or from her inner heart.

Edison Chen

Don Juan
Reaction score
@ThisIsSparta is trying to help you, and you tell him 'Nah' when he asks for more information in his attempt to HELP you??

Some of you dudes, I honestly hope, continue to get railroaded and taken advantage of by the women you're chasing.
I'm sorry for my friend. I didn't mean to disrespect him. But I really think this story is too complicated to type out. But I'll try.

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Anytime you are wondering what you should do about any situation, think "What would Seneca the Younger do?" Seriously, anyone that has never read the stoic philosophy of Seneca is really missing out on some great wisdom. He said a great deal about 'praise' and why people praise others.

Praise really says nothing about a man unless it is something that can not be taken away. However, it says a great deal about the people who praise them. Anytime you start hearing someone praising others, consider WHAT is being praised. If it is something that can be stripped away, well... it's irrelevant. "He has a great job." That is irrelevant since anyone can lose a job at any moment. "He is a great dad." Okay that is relevant because it is something the man can control and can not be taken away. Someone that praises someone for anything truly irrelevant, indicates they are shallow.

Be careful what you praise in others, so never agree with praise if you do not know with certainly they are worthy of relevant praise, just acknowledge that the person giving that praise has their reasons for doing so, and you do not have to agree with it. Always remember, when you are praising someone that is competing with you, you are actually celebrating your own downfall. Never celebrate things that takes you down a peg... disappointments and failure comes in a competitive world, but you don't have to cheer another's success if that success came with your failure. By praising those that beat you, you surrender your opportunity at self-improvement.

Barrister

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What’s the best response when a woman complements another man whatever whether is a shyte test or from her inner heart.
Depends on what the compliment is. Also, is she complimenting the other guy while speaking to you? Or speaking to him in front of you? That also completely changes it.

More than likely it is completely innocuous and you shouldn't care one way or another.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Always remember, when you are praising someone that is competing with you, you are actually celebrating your own downfall. Never celebrate things that takes you down a peg... disappointments and failure comes in a competitive world, but you don't have to cheer another's success if that success came with your failure. By praising those that beat you, you surrender your opportunity at self-improvement.
I'm not sure about this part. Maybe I'm misreading you. People pay respect to their adversaries, win lose or draw. From the greatest athletes to the boldest warriors. The praise doesn't have to be effusive, but I don't think acknowledging a rival's talents comes at the expense of self-improvement. (To wit, you can learn a lot from those who defeated you, but you have to be humble and acknowledge it to build on it.)

In the world of mating, as always it comes down to the place you're coming from. If you're pedestalizing a man then yes, you've lowered your status on your own. But if you're coming from your own place of high value, you're spreading your value around with positivity, better than going negative. Of course silence is always an option.

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not sure about this part. Maybe I'm misreading you. People pay respect to their adversaries, win lose or draw. From the greatest athletes to the boldest warriors. The praise doesn't have to be effusive, but I don't think acknowledging a rival's talents comes at the expense of self-improvement. (To wit, you can learn a lot from those who defeated you, but you have to be humble and acknowledge it to build on it.)
Good sportsmanship is not acting like a butt hurt little b1tch when you lose... blaming refs, weather, field conditions, cheating ... et al. Good sportsmanship does not require you to heap praise on your opponent. You can recognize what your opponent did well and how they beat you, but ultimately they won because you did not effectively counter what they were doing. It's the difference between saying "Wow, Alabama has a great running team, those running backs were great, and that offensive line... wow you could drive a truck though the holes they made!" and "Bama beat us on the ground, we should have better prepared for the running game." Even better say, "All you have to do is look at the stats and you can see where we need work." When you praise your opposition, you are making excuses for your weakness. You have to ask yourself "Why am I praising them? What am I trying to achieve?" If the answer is nothing, then don't do it.

BadBoy89

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
People pay respect to their adversaries, win lose or draw. From the greatest athletes to the boldest warriors. The praise doesn't have to be effusive, but I don't think acknowledging a rival's talents comes at the expense of self-improvement. (To wit, you can learn a lot from those who defeated you, but you have to be humble and acknowledge it to build on it.)
If I lose, I will scream and yell.

If I win, I will keep my head down and mouth shut.

Edison Chen

Don Juan
Reaction score
I appreciated it.
Anytime you are wondering what you should do about any situation, think "What would Seneca the Younger do?" Seriously, anyone that has never read the stoic philosophy of Seneca is really missing out on some great wisdom. He said a great deal about 'praise' and why people praise others.

Praise really says nothing about a man unless it is something that can not be taken away. However, it says a great deal about the people who praise them. Anytime you start hearing someone praising others, consider WHAT is being praised. If it is something that can be stripped away, well... it's irrelevant. "He has a great job." That is irrelevant since anyone can lose a job at any moment. "He is a great dad." Okay that is relevant because it is something the man can control and can not be taken away. Someone that praises someone for anything truly irrelevant, indicates they are shallow.

Be careful what you praise in others, so never agree with praise if you do not know with certainly they are worthy of relevant praise, just acknowledge that the person giving that praise has their reasons for doing so, and you do not have to agree with it. Always remember, when you are praising someone that is competing with you, you are actually celebrating your own downfall. Never celebrate things that takes you down a peg... disappointments and failure comes in a competitive world, but you don't have to cheer another's success if that success came with your failure. By praising those that beat you, you surrender your opportunity at self-improvement.

Edison Chen

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think his point is only at a woman is complimenting a man who competes with you, may be in other fields things will be different. Intersxual dynamics are often complex things.

In the world of mating, as always it comes down to the place you're coming from. If you're pedestalizing a man then yes, you've lowered your status on your own. But if you're coming from your own place of high value, you're spreading your value around with positivity, better than going negative. Of course silence is always an option.

lizardking82

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've never had a woman compliment another man when being with me. I would consider it a sign of disrespect and while I wouldn't get too worried about it, that woman would lose ranking very quickly in my mind.

Always remember: complimenting another man to you is something that risks her position with you...and if she is willing to jokingly or not, knowingly or not, testingly or not...to risk losing you...then you are not that high in her mental ranking and that's about it.

My girl can't dream of doing that LOL complimenting another man to me? Hilarious

And mind you, my girl has been with me 3+ years now and if she did this in a joking way, for the sake of everything I have seen and felt from her for 3+ years, I would give her a small benefit of the doubt, just once...but a girl you don't know, who you're dating...nah, it's done, she should only be for recreational use

characternote

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I guess context matters - and it also matters whether it actually IS a 'sh1t-test'

If so, the old 'agree and amplify' is generally good, I guess.

But if it's not a 'test', then it doesn't really matter - I remember I approached this hot 18 year old a few years back in a bar. She was with a guy who it turned out was her friend and we ended up all sitting together and having a laugh and drinking together whilst I tried to game the girl. (i now realise I might have shared this whole field report in my old journal here lol)

I'd been teasing, telling funny stories, asking questions with cold reads and all the other game stuff I was practicing at the time. Then at one point I noticed a look in her eye and she went quiet and I was like ''What's up?' and she told me that she just made eye contact with the super hot barman and that she thought he was gorgeous and she wanted to hook up with him. I looked over (handsome dude in fairness!!) and was like ''Yeah, he's kinda hot. I'd bang him lol'' (agree and amplify). She laughs, and then I just carried on trying to game her. She later rejected an escalation attempt (didn't surprise me but at the time I was hard on the 'assume attraction' stuff) and pretty sure she gave the barman her number as we left lol (or asked her friend too. She was kinda shy)

Last edited: