"The Coffee Shop Girl You Never Spoke To"

You've replayed it a hundred times. She stood three feet away, scrolling her phone. You had an opening. You composed the perfect line — after she was gone.

For all you know, she's married now. To some guy who said something. Anything.

Openers are cheap. Almost any sentence works when it's delivered within three seconds. The expensive part is the standing there, drafting and deleting, while the window quietly closes.

The "22 Rules" stripped out my hesitation. What to open with, how to keep it alive, and the one habit that costs guys more women than anything else: waiting for perfect.

Read more...

When a girl calls you "friend," are you LJBF'd right away?

Double J

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 24, 2004
Messages
73
Reaction score
0
Location
Florida
I often hang out with this friend of mine that I met in my first semester in college. She owes a lot of credit to me for opening up to people in college, because i helped her to do so. I had her for three classes and i'd approach her to talk to her. Gradually she warmed up to me and to this day we are the best of friends. This is one of those girls that you can't help but find unique. She's probably the complete opposite of what i'd go for. I like girls with light features who are shorter than me, maybe average weight or slightly over. She has dark features, is tall and thin for the most part.

Last semester, I asked her to the movies, but the manner in which she responded made it seem like she didn't exactly know what I was doing. This girl is very inexperienced with guys. She came from South America maybe 3 or 4 years ago, so she's still trying to adjust to life and people here. But nonetheless I love that she's very bright and classy. Anyway I asked her out and she goes "Sounds good, let's see if Juan (good friend since high school) wants to join us. I know what you guys are thinking - c*ck block. But you could just tell that she's not experienced with guys - I think she just thought I was asking for a friendly outing instead of a date.

So I let it pass.. this semester she's been much closer, much more touchy, etc, but she still calls me "friend." I touch her on the shoulders, legs, hands and more, I bust on her like crazy and she responds laughing with "you're so bad," but in a way that seems like she likes that. I use c&f and she likes it. Still, she has a brother who also attends the college about her age, so she was apparently brought up to be very conservative and "aloof" when it concerns males.

I feel such a challenge with her - I want to get her to break out of the shell and be more sexual, because I have a hunch she's like that on the inside and WANTS to be that way but feels she's been brought up to act otherwise.

If a girl likes this one likes to get close, touch and whatever, but still calls you "my friend," do you have no hope?

Replies would be appreciated
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 15, 2004
Messages
11,680
Reaction score
4,874
Last semester, I asked her to the movies,
Could have been the way you asked her. If you said, "Listen, um well, would you like to go see a movie sometime" then it creates an awkward situation. Now, if TOLD her "I'm going to see Ernest Goes To The Dump on Tuesday, wanna come?" you show your confidence and she knows you're going regardless of her decision.

Also, I wouldn't suggest a movie for a first date. Choose something a little more exciting than sitting in a theatre for 90 minutes staring at a screen.

If you want her IL to go beyond friend, flirt with all her friends (or other women in front of her). Let her see that other women desire to be with you, then back off on the time you spend with her. She'll start to want you around again.


Or, even better, start fresh and don't waste any more time on her than you already have.
 

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 10, 2003
Messages
15,481
Reaction score
65
Location
Galt's Gulch
Does she still swallow? :p
 

slickjesse

Don Juan
Joined
May 25, 2003
Messages
73
Reaction score
0
women can refer to you as a friend up until you definitely have a different title. this means nothing. she still may (or may not be) interested in you.
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

Top