Why "Whatever You Want" Keeps You Single

She says the movie looks dumb; you suddenly agree. She tests you with a little attitude; you apologize for nothing.

You think you're being easy to get along with. She reads something else entirely: a man with no edges. Nothing to hold on to. No friction, no tension, no reason to wonder what he really thinks.

The "22 Rules" taught me to push back — playfully, calmly, without needing her approval. Strange things happened after that.

Read more...

What's your online dating approach?

andreihaha

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 24, 2019
Messages
866
Reaction score
830
Age
33
Let me start by saying I'm not a big fan of OLD.
But in the current pandemic situation, I don't meet enough women to choose properly.
Made and account on Bumble and Tinder, got a few matches, but I might not have much in common with random chicks. Live approaches are easier for me.
What's your approach?
 

"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

BackInTheGame78

Moderator
Joined
Sep 10, 2014
Messages
16,865
Reaction score
19,093
Let me start by saying I'm not a big fan of OLD.
But in the current pandemic situation, I don't meet enough women to choose properly.
Made and account on Bumble and Tinder, got a few matches, but I might not have much in common with random chicks. Live approaches are easier for me.
What's your approach?
It's very simple. My basic cookie cutter approach is:

First message comment about something in their profile and ask how their week/ weekend is going.

Second message, respond to what they said and then ask how the site/ app is treating them.

Third message, empathize a little with them about how the app sucks(almost universally they will say that) and let them know it's been OK but that it's hard to find someone who adds value to your life instead of subtracting value from it, blah blah.

Then from there just work on creating a little more of a vibe and then ask them if they wanted to get together and connect in person sometime. Most will say sure and then let them know you aren't on here that often and offer to exchange numbers, and give yours. They will likely either text you or give you theirs back.

And then from there just set up a date and go on it.

My key points:
-Do not go ghost until the day of the date...this is high flake probability
-Send a few texts a day or every other day, I like playing fun games like 2 truths and a lie or the question game where you come up with fun questions they answer and then they ask you similar ones.
-My flake rate using these methods is close to zero. I think I have had 1 flake in the past maybe 30 or 35 dates.

To be clear--- I am not advocating texting nonstop all day. Simply increasing their wanting to meet which I am very good at via text
 

andreihaha

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 24, 2019
Messages
866
Reaction score
830
Age
33
It's very simple. My basic cookie cutter approach is:

First message comment about something in their profile and ask how their week/ weekend is going.

Second message, respond to what they said and then ask how the site/ app is treating them.

Third message, empathize a little with them about how the app sucks(almost universally they will say that) and let them know it's been OK but that it's hard to find someone who adds value to your life instead of subtracting value from it, blah blah.

Then from there just work on creating a little more of a vibe and then ask them if they wanted to get together and connect in person sometime. Most will say sure and then let them know you aren't on here that often and offer to exchange numbers, and give yours. They will likely either text you or give you theirs back.

And then from there just set up a date and go on it.

My key points:
-Do not go ghost until the day of the date...this is high flake probability
-Send a few texts a day or every other day, I like playing fun games like 2 truths and a lie or the question game where you come up with fun questions they answer and then they ask you similar ones.
-My flake rate using these methods is close to zero. I think I have had 1 flake in the past maybe 30 or 35 dates.

To be clear--- I am not advocating texting nonstop all day. Simply increasing their wanting to meet which I am very good at via text
Solid, your post looks almost like a map, dude.
I'll give it a shot with the current girls.
 

backseatjuan

Banned
Joined
Nov 2, 2011
Messages
4,441
Reaction score
1,651
Age
45
Location
Россия
First message comment about something in their profile and ask how their week/ weekend is going.
Please.. Let's picture an average profile. You got several pics of the btch and no bio other than her age, nothing is written in the profile. Your approach??

Btch you have a wonderful set of teeth I like that?
 

BackInTheGame78

Moderator
Joined
Sep 10, 2014
Messages
16,865
Reaction score
19,093
Please.. Let's picture an average profile. You got several pics of the btch and no bio other than her age, nothing is written in the profile. Your approach??

Btch you have a wonderful set of teeth I like that?
Something unique. Something fun. Tease her. Show some personality. So many guys don't have any you will stand out like a sore thumb in a good way.
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

andreihaha

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 24, 2019
Messages
866
Reaction score
830
Age
33
View attachment 4644
Jennifer 21


Give me fcking something unique and something fun right here.
"Man, that's one Gay bracelet...What up b1tch?"
Not much to work with to be honest.

But I messaged a chick on bumble since she was now 250 miles away. Told me she went to a city I visited 2 weeks a go, kept the conversation flowing. Did some flirting, now I'm getting near the date set-up phase.
Seems like BackInTheGame78's formula works well.
The other chick I'm chatting is answering a little slow, will do the same.
 

BackInTheGame78

Moderator
Joined
Sep 10, 2014
Messages
16,865
Reaction score
19,093
View attachment 4644
Jennifer 21


Give me fcking something unique and something fun right here.
I would do a much better job of running my fingers through your hair than that.You are doing it all wrong!

And please don't wear THAT bracelet on our first date. It looks like something I gave my little sister for her birthday as a kid. ;)

How's your week been so far?
BackseatJuan

PS: I bet you'd look great as a blond.
 
Last edited:

BackInTheGame78

Moderator
Joined
Sep 10, 2014
Messages
16,865
Reaction score
19,093
View attachment 4644
Jennifer 21


Give me fcking something unique and something fun right here.
So is that your "Blue Steel"? I'm not impressed, I think you can do better than that.

How's your week been so far?
BackseatJuan

PS: What's with the bracelet? Did you win that in one of those 25 cent vending machines or something? ;)
 

BackInTheGame78

Moderator
Joined
Sep 10, 2014
Messages
16,865
Reaction score
19,093
Also...PS's work pretty great after you end the message. Don't know why but they seem to love them.

And always read their profiles. No seriously. Read it. Many times there is a treasure trove of easy conversation material in them.
 
Last edited:

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

BackInTheGame78

Moderator
Joined
Sep 10, 2014
Messages
16,865
Reaction score
19,093
View attachment 4644
Jennifer 21


Give me fcking something unique and something fun right here.
Hey Jennifer!

Is that one of those candy bracelets like my little sister wore as a kid? Make sure to wear it on our first date...sweet tarts or skittles only. I don't like candy corn. ;)

How's your week been so far?
BackseatJuan

PS: I can already tell you are going to be Trouble with that look in your eye...
 

andreihaha

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 24, 2019
Messages
866
Reaction score
830
Age
33
Small update: followed loosely BackInTheGame78's receipe and it worked pretty well, the girl was game.
She wanted me to suggest her a movie, I wrote the name of the movie and "If you like it, you'll meet me for coffee."
Even if she somehow flakes, seems like a pretty good interaction.
Only had a few messages with the other match.
It's still a numbers game, you'll still get along with women attracted with you and with same interests.

Still curious about how other of you (men or women) approach this.
 

MoMoses

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jul 1, 2020
Messages
234
Reaction score
354
Location
-
I agree with this guy:

Something unique. Something fun. Tease her. Show some personality. So many guys don't have any you will stand out like a sore thumb in a good way.
Men get like 5-6 matches a week (the first few days you get more matches because your profile is new and Tinder shows it to more women), while women (at least the 6s, 7s, 8s, 9s... 10s don't use Tinder.. even 9s only use to feel good about themselves) will have a match with every guy they swipe to the right. So you need to stand out. If she has a boring evening and starts swiping on Tinder she will easily have 15-20 new matches.

So make sure your opener stands out or she won't even respond.

I usually try to make her laugh and like that dude said, try to show some personality. If there's something in her profile I don't like. I tell her that, but I make sure to add something positive to it aswell. Most men don't dare doing something like that, so you stand out. Just don't act aloof or act like a ****. It's easy for her to delete a match.

Get her to feel something. Show you have a sense of humour but don't be a clown. Nobody wants to bang the clown. But you do want her to think.. who is this guy? Most matches fail to do this.

After that I try to make some report. It shows her you have a serious side aswell. Show some genuine interest in her as a person.

Then some light banter and I also try to create an inside joke (a nickname, something she said you can tease her with, etc). This makes it easier to bond. You can also mention something weird another match has send you.. this reminds her that you are talking to other matches (pre-selection, women want a man other women like) and also makes it possible to talk about how many weird people there are on Tinder. As backinthegame78 said.. most women will agree that the app sucks and in a subtle way this shows her that you aren't one of those weirdo's. Because make no mistake.. most women fear being matched with a creep/weirdo more than anything. It's online. It's easy and everybody has access to it. In real life she can filter out the weird ones, but online she can be fooled by those 3 or 4 pictures. It also gets her to agree with you on something. Work with this and get her to agree on other things aswell. Subconsiously.. if she starts agreeing she will like the conversation more and she will like you more.

Make sure to end the conversation when it's going well. You are a busy man and you don't want to overdo it. It's easy to f**k things up when you keep posting and chatting. And when she ends the conversation because she is sleepy or has stuff to to, in a weird, subconsious way it will feel like you were needy. You wanted more. Don't do that. You decide when the conversation is over and always end it on a high.

Two days later you can send her again. Repeat the same sequence. Make her smile or laugh. Get her to share something about herself and tell her something more about yourself. Mirror her texts. Don't go overboard with smileys and certainly don't use too many smileys if she isn't using any of them. Don't write longer texts than her. Try to match the lenght of her messages, of make them a bit shorter. Again, subconsiously, don't give her the feeling that you are more into her than she is into you.

After that I usually don't contact her again until she sends me first.. this is what you want. If you did it right (and I made a lot of mistakes in the past) she will wonder why you aren't chasing her like all her other matches. She liked the conversation and wants to continue.

It's fairly easy to get her on a date after that.

Personally I don't like Tinder. Because of Corona I installed it again after 3 years, but I prefer meeting women offline. The really hot ones won't swipe me to the right. It's a whole other ball game when you meet these hotties in a different setting. You get to show them who you are, rather than hoping they like your face.
 

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 26, 2017
Messages
3,069
Reaction score
3,889
Age
53
My approach is similar to BackIntheGame78's.

But depending on the app, I actually write what I'm looking for, if it allows me. This automatically screens for the time wasters.

For example, I state that I'm not looking for a penpal and real life connections are important and that I would rather meet sooner than later.
I can't tell you how many times I heard from girls that they are sick of guys just texting forever on OLD. Just by stating this, you are separating yourself out a bit.

I also state something like I'm looking for a fun, adventurous gal that likes to live life to the fullest. This automatically has them trying to qualify themselves to you as not a boring person.

I sometimes state that I like to travel as this is universal thing that all girls like and would like to travel with at some point. They sense that you might be a worldly person and well rounded.
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

MoMoses

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jul 1, 2020
Messages
234
Reaction score
354
Location
-
For example, I state that I'm not looking for a penpal and real life connections are important and that I would rather meet sooner than later.
I can't tell you how many times I heard from girls that they are sick of guys just texting forever on OLD. Just by stating this, you are separating yourself out a bit.
Same!

Solid advice
 

Scars

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 20, 2007
Messages
2,127
Reaction score
1,003
Age
36
Location
Phoenix
I have more success on Facebook than I do on any dating app. On FB I have social proof. I'm the funny, unapologetic, sh*t poster, who's not ashamed of his sexuality. Women can see how I interact with other women before ever talking to me, because women will openly flirt with me on my posts. They see how clever, witty, and easy going I am. Women feel like they already know me before ever sending a DM because they've already observed how I interact with other people. I don't slvt shame, I don't cause drama, I'm not creepy, I'm just a guy who is easy to talk to, and even though I'm not Brad Pitt when it comes to looks, I still have a ton of female orbiters and women who are openly sexual with me, which in turn makes other females curious about me.. I just got a new phone recently (iPhone) and I haven't even bothered redownloading all my old dating apps. I've been getting enough play just off of FB, and they all message me first. I already know they have high interest from the beginning, so I skip the BS and plan a meet up ASAP and get physical as soon as I meet them.
 

Focal core

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 21, 2017
Messages
1,533
Reaction score
1,203
Age
45
Man talk about pandemic in meeting women,its fvckin hard, i rather pursuing on my passion rather than wasting time with online chicks.
 

Aeterna

Don Juan
Joined
Nov 29, 2019
Messages
35
Reaction score
54
Age
33
My approach for online dating is just filtering out the attention *****s and finding the women who have high interest. I put all the effort into my profile and not my opener.

I have professional photos showing my Six-pack and fashion sense, videos showing my hobbies (hula hooping party, me dunking a basketball), and a prompt or text stating “I’d rather get to know you in person than over text”.

I do my swiping, liking, etc and would get maybe 200 matches total for the week on Tinder and Hinge (mostly from Hinge which I think is the best one right now).

I send the same message to everyone of these women “Hey, are you free tonight or tomorrow for wine?” If they reply yes, I’ll ask for the number. Out of 200, maybe 40 or so give me their number.

After I get the number, I’ll FaceTime them for maybe 10 mins or so. I’ll invite them to my place first for the wine. If they want to meet in public first, I’ll invite them to a spot that is close to me.

I stack 2 to 3 dates every time just incase of a flake. If they do flake or reschedule, I just delete the number.
 

Murk

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 17, 2017
Messages
4,359
Reaction score
3,322
Age
37
Location
London
Andrei I appreciate the fact you took time to go though my old OLD posts - there's lots of gold there.

It's a numbers game (typical sales mantra) - but genuinely do not care about outcomes. Be bold, be honest, open and funny - humans (male and female) are drawn to that. Be self-deprecating, be self ware, be natural.

Wrap it all up with humour and charm and you will be successful with women.
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

Top