Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What's Wrong With Lifting For Women?

Zimbabwe

Banned
Reaction score
I never really understood this argument, I've never seen anything wrong with using women as your motivation for lifting. I lift because i want to improve my SMV so I have more options with women. It is a great motivator, so what is exactly wrong with it?

Why are so many Men against the idea of lifting to get women?

AureliusMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with it in itself. I:up:
If it works for your and reaching your goals then why not.

Personally I just believe in that women should not be your main focus but an accessory/additional spice to yourself. E.g. Don't chase women, chase your own excellence instead (and the rest will come as a side effect instead).

Zimbabwe

Banned
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with it in itself. I:up:
If it works for your and reaching your goals then why not.

Personally I just believe in that women should not be your main focus but an accessory/additional spice to yourself. E.g. Don't chase women, chase your own excellence instead (and the rest will come as a side effect instead).
I'm not sure what motivates others to get better but for me it's always been women, in Chasing women i have made sure to study hard,get a good job,work on my diet and fitness and dress better.

If a guy doesn't want to chase women, what exactly is he doing all that self improvement for? If I could just do it for my own excellence I would but i can't get my self motivated unless it's for women.

metalwater

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not sure what motivates others to get better but for me it's always been women, in Chasing women i have made sure to study hard,get a good job,work on my diet and fitness and dress better.

If a guy doesn't want to chase women, what exactly is he doing all that self improvement for? If I could just do it for my own excellence I would but i can't get my self motivated unless it's for women.
it's ok as long as it's the I'm having fun chase and game vs frustrating chase.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Nothing. They don't have the hormone profile to get big and muscular unless they are taking something...they will get lean and sexy

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
Nothing wrong with it. You can use any source of motivation you want as long as you can sustain it for the long haul.

I think the only concern is that there is potentially a greater risk of burnout (and quitting) if you are doing something to impress others versus because you genuinely love it.

TLDR: Somebody who is a genuine weightlifting enthusiast might stay with it longer than the “I hate the gym, but gotta get bishes” guy.

SargeMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It comes from the wrong place I.e. supplication. A man can and should do what he does for his own means, and that can include to increase his SMV, but if he is doing it out of some belief he is not good enough until he does it, it’s an inner game issue he needs to fix first

monkeybrain

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think chasing gains so to speak is another way of seeking excellence. If you're chasing excellence and not women that is ironically a more attractive quality. Also, any motivation is very temporary, committing to a discipline of excellence is far more long term. That being said chicks dig muscles lol.

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's okay depending how you frame it. If it's like "I'm not good enough unless I'm ripped" then no. But if you're not lean and strong and want to look like a masculine attractive guy then sure there's nothing wrong with wanting to lift. It can definitely work for initial motivation.

Just don't be like most other guys though who after reaching a certain point no longer do it for women but for ego and being the most swole bro at the gym or wherever. No doubt some of them develop some kind of body dysmorphia and end up becoming roided up clowns with muscular imbalances and other health issues.

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Muscular chicks are gross and you can't change my mind, being fit is dope but not like super muscular

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
I never really understood this argument, I've never seen anything wrong with using women as your motivation for lifting. I lift because i want to improve my SMV so I have more options with women. It is a great motivator, so what is exactly wrong with it?

Because your mindset is that you aren't good enough and you have to do something or you won't succeed. Slippery slope to go down.

lost_blackbird

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Because your mindset is that you aren't good enough and you have to do something or you won't succeed. Slippery slope to go down.
You are always banging on about mindset like standing there looking at myself in the mirror and
repeating "You are a beast among men, women desire you, you are a strong and fearless warrior,
work hard and your success is guaranteed, you ARE enough!!!" will make the slightest bit of difference.
I could have a mindset that I'm Captain Kirk, that doesn't mean I'll have the starship Enterprise parked
in my front garden. Some people are just born to be bad at this stuff. The hard part is accepting it and
having the courage to admit it won't change. I could read all the books, study all the PUAs, spend every
moment I'm not at work lifting weights at the gym, spend all my money on fancy clothes and haircuts and
it would make SOD all difference to how women perceive me and how awkward I feel around them.
If I decide I'm Jackie Chan does that mean I suddenly know kung fu? If I decide I'm Boris Johnson does
that make me Prime Minister? Positive affirmations are the stuff of stupid online memes.

rjc149

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Because they’re fvcking lazy.

Lifting strengthens your skeletal muscles, tendons and ligaments, increases bone density which prevents osteoarthritis, and strengthens your heart. It adds lean muscle mass which in turn increases your metabolism and testosterone production, staving off obesity and mood disorders as you age. It maintains your sex drive. It takes no skill or talent, just know-how.

It also gives you an appealing physique of health, strength and dominance, which attracts females.

Every male aged 15-70 should have a weight training regimen, whether or not he’s trying to attract women.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
You are always banging on about mindset like standing there looking at myself in the mirror and
repeating "You are a beast among men, women desire you, you are a strong and fearless warrior,
work hard and your success is guaranteed, you ARE enough!!!" will make the slightest bit of difference.
I could have a mindset that I'm Captain Kirk, that doesn't mean I'll have the starship Enterprise parked
in my front garden. Some people are just born to be bad at this stuff. The hard part is accepting it and
having the courage to admit it won't change. I could read all the books, study all the PUAs, spend every
moment I'm not at work lifting weights at the gym, spend all my money on fancy clothes and haircuts and
it would make SOD all difference to how women perceive me and how awkward I feel around them.
If I decide I'm Jackie Chan does that mean I suddenly know kung fu? If I decide I'm Boris Johnson does
that make me Prime Minister? Positive affirmations are the stuff of stupid online memes.
Actually it would. Because your subconscious mind tends to believe what you tell it, and if you repeated that every day for a month there would be a subtle yet noticeable shift in your behavior.

This is how the law of attraction works...all of those opportunities that suddenly seem to appear out of nowhere for people have always been there, your brain simply has filtered them out previously because it wasn't focused on it.

Grounded eagle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you really believe that,then why are you here?

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Because it is for Vaidation.

If you go chasing validation then you will always be disappointed because it is never enough.