Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Whats with all the text messaging?

Umbra

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As a rule of thumb, the further you remove yourself from physical contact and the less frequent the contact is, the further you slip away from having a healthy, meaningful relationship.

Spectrum:

<Best, Hot>
Physical Touch (Hug, Caress, Sex)
Physical Presence (Face-to-Face Encounter)
Physical Element, Multiple (Video Chat)
Physical Element, Single (Phone)
Emulation (IM Conversation, Chat Room)
Delayed Communication (E-mail, Text Messages)
Recording (no communication) (Video, Tape, Pictures)
Memory (no communication) (Longing)
<Worst, Cold>

The lesser forms of connection are only good if they augment other forms. Sometimes you have no choice. For example, for a deceased loved one, there is little you can do but cherish the memories. For a long distance relationship that already exists, you can talk often on the phone and send letters. However, for a new romantic relationship, there is no acceptable substitute for face-to-face communication being the primary form of connection.

Blaaaaat

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by echo1212
By calling people names and badmouthing them, you are also afc. And you wonder why you think texting to ask a girl out is not afc. Discuss.
Haha, "by calling people names you're AFC". boo-hoo-hoo, i didnt'realized that, well another lesson learned today.

As for the texting, I aggree that asking a girl out for the first date(s) is not a smart thing to do. But mind you, if the girl likes you, she would accept every way of being asked out, or do you ask a girl for a date without building (great) rapport???

Hell, i've asked through email,phone,texting,in person, just to keep it intersting for me (change is the spice for life).

And maybe things are somewhat different here in Europe, well not my problem.

Last edited:

duke007

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
SMS culture is spreading like an absolute plague in Australia. I read in the IT paper recently that after an Asian country (i forgot which) Australians have the highest SMS usage.

They're even writing articles about SMS dating!! I've read two recently that said it's becoming popular because "people are becoming increasingly busy" and it takes the hassle and stress out of starting relationships.

I cannot believe it can actually be working.

Get THIS, they even set up a network in a club where everyone gets an ID number to attach to their clothing and you can text people who "take your fancy".

Hmm i've just had an idea. Maybe i should go to this place WITHOUT a phone and just mingle the traditional way. This will make me look like even more of a dude!

diplomatic_lies

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have these default messages on my phone, like "40 mins late". Thats the only thing SMS is good for.

Otherwise, saying the same words and hanging up actually costs LESS time AND money than SMS! For example, it would take a few minutes to type out "Hey lets go to Horst Wess restaurant", but it'll take a few seconds to say it.

htemorp

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Text messages = does not apply in US. I don't know how and why text messages is popular outside of US, and I can see it start to peaking up in US. But in US, we're lazy ass people, we don't sit there and exercise our fingers when we can pick up the phone and talk. Whatever, Umbra is absolutely right, more physical contacts, facial interactions = better.

Reaction score
bump

Reaction score
Blaaaaat said:
You think like a woman, not logical. Why do you asume that texting implies you don't have social skills??? That's asuming something based on nothing.

thank you you hit the money, you guys are tkaing this texting thing way to seriously, texting has it pros and cons agreed, but you say

oh "If you text then your a AFC" wtf?

from the experiences texting is great, its helps me cheat and get messages out when i cant answer my phone, or when the other person cant

GuanYu

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
elvis aint dead yet said:
That's the way it is.

Seems tooo many people on this site can't face the fact that they are aging and getting older.

Either you were once young and hip when you joined this site or you just hate everybody and the new hip technology.

Sad fact is, many of these new technologies make the world slower, rather then faster.

And from knowing many people, young and old alike, it's the way it is, get used to it. I remember when very few people had cell phones, and the same thing was said about them. Some people on this site even NEXTed a girl if she only gave them their cell phone. Sad fact is, today, I know many people who don't even have a HOme phone anymore. THey just have a cell phone.

And now with james bond like cell phones with camera's in them, games, the net, pdas, its the way the new world is.

Either you accept that fact or become one of those dinosaurs. Yeah you'll get your play, but gradually people will be looking at you as the weird one, not the other way around.

You don't have to like the new technology, but accept the fact, it's the way it is, always has been, and always will be.

BUt i do agree, it takes longer to type a text message then just to call. But the world is becomming a very impersonal place.

Why do you think the internet , text messaging, voice mail, and instant messaging and message boards have become so popular.

Our world is changing into a very anti-social climate. Go to many shopping markets and stores in my area, and they don't even have cashiers or check out people any more, they have automatic machines you scan yourself and then pay yourself. No human interaction at all.

Sad fact is, it's not the AFC or the evil people who did this, we all did. Too many grumpy people make shopping or eating or doing whatever a miserable experience.

WHy the impersonal techonology is taking over is simple, most people would rather not deal with arrogant and grumpy waiters, cashiers, etc.

Accept it, hate it, do whatever, just remember, it's only gonna get worse.
This.

46and2aheadofme

Don Juan
Reaction score
You guys are approaching this all wrong.

Texting is only "AFC" if the person texting is an "AFC"

It is the wielder of the technology who fails when they use it incorrectly, not the technology itself.

I believe a smart/ strategic "DJ" would accept the fad for what it is, and use it to his advantage.

Do I think you should text a girl for a first date, because you don't have the cojones to call her up and ask her? Of course not.

I don't care what method you use to set up a date, if you have the mindset of "oh noes! what if she doesn't respond or simply declines my offer this would be a huge blow to my ego!" then you are going to fail. It will not matter if you use phone, texting, pidgeon with letter attached, signal flare, morris code, etc.

People keep bringing up "Hey Brad Pitt and James Bond don't text!" Okay, but a number of friends I have who F the S out of really hot girls on a regular basis DO text.

Generally speaking, whenever you are asking for a first date, you should ask in person or call her up.

But (like in the OP) to say "we must have a no texting pact!" is absolutely ridiculous. Here's a little fact: GIRLS TEXT ALL THE TIME!! To their friends, family, boyfriends, f*ckbuddies, potential boyfriends, etc.

By not texting, you are limiting yourself from a medium which is highly accepted amongst the community of persons in which we are trying to seduce.

Here are some ways a strategic "DJ" would utilize texting to his advantage:

1.) While in class send a flirty/ funny message to the girl and wait for her to turn around and give her a nice ****y smile.
2.) Late at night, ask a random/ funny/ mysterious question. Probe her mind of you, and just might get her dreaming about you.
3.) Make it look like a mass text inviting her to a huge party. Even if she declines you look like a social person.
4.) After you have talked to her on the phone and are going to hang out with her, send a something along the lines of "excited for the most epic night of your life yet? =)". Build up her anticipation for your future interaction while also making you appear ****y/ fun.
5.) Simply to see if you've built enough rapport with the girl yet, text anything and see if she responds. If she doesn't next her.

This is all simple stuff you can do that wouldn't work if you were to make a phone call. Girls love the tension of "is he gonna text back or not?", so see what you guys can come up with.

Experiment with it and enjoy. Just make sure you use it sparingly so you aren't constantly texting/ nagging and looking desperate. In general a girl has high interest if they are texting you.

Last edited:

GrimPhallic

Don Juan
Reaction score
My best friend is the ultimate DJ, he gets soo much pvssy its unbelievable... He gets chicks to send him naked pics and say crazy sh!t over text messaging...

He has been coaching me up as I have lost my DJ skills due to marriage. Now I'm divorced and have been for about a month. Already I have slept with 2 chicks, thanks to his advise. The MAIN ingrediant to his game is text messaging, so believe what ever you want, but I know first hand how powerful it is. He is not a "model" looking guy, he just has game. He gets a chicks number, and the key when doing this is not to mention "calling her", but to mention "texting her". It seems chicks take this as less intrusive so they give the number more willingly. Anyway, I have been doing this as well and have not been denied. Also I have noticed that chicks are more willing to discuss sex over text messaging. You just twist something they say into something sexual and tease them about it... it honestly seems to work every time for my buddy and me. GREAT TOOL!!!

goodfoot

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
A lot of times I send a mass text to all the girls I'm gaming, and set up a date with the first one that texts back. Then I next all the girls that don't respond.