Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What's there to do besides drink?

JustLurk

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Check out the model rocketry scene if there's any nearby.
Not all model rockets are 1ft long fizzles either, some are considerably larger and make a much better boom.
If there's a parcour scene nearby those are usually fun.. Challenge to find a large group though. Martial arts interest you?

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
JLay87 said:
I just don't know what people do on free evenings besides go out to drink or eat.
Yeah, me either. Most people just drink themselves silly and then I hear stories like "yeah, I totally got wasted and punched at that cop and ran away like a pu$$y" and "I was drinking and then I hooked up with this guy and then I don't remember anything..." and so on.

I don't understand this passion for alcohol.Now don't get me wrong, I drink too, but I stop when I'm comfortable.

Taviii

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alle_Gory said:
soccer is easy to learn.
:eek:

Ontopic now: play poker with your friends, invite people over for a movie or for watching some game on the tv.

Come to think about it, most people do get out to drink in the evening, never thought about it.

ENIGMA16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the article, but I'm trying to avoid alcohol because I end up getting drunk, drinking beer and eating a ton of food, not because I'm worried about the alcohol itself. ;)

Also, I find it kind of sad that I don't know what to do outside of drinking and am looking for some other options.

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"I end up "

Then there's an avenue for self improvement right there. Why can't you control your eating and drinking while drinking alcohol? Where's the self control?

Meetup.com has some activities with other people. Some are weird. I wish I could do more on it but i live in the middle of no where. I did go to a couple of meetup meetings for people who are fans of my nhl team. There were 10-15 people meeting up each time and they're all friendly and you always have something to talk about since you immediately know what everyone has in common.

I've seen other things like kickball, board game groups, outdoor activites (i joined one that does skydiving, hiking, jet skiing etc all the time but i've never gone-- i still get the activity emails) etc on there too.

Even just browsing that site gives you ideas of what people do when they aren't drinking.

Kenny Powers

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
hahaha i didn't mean for my "smoke weed" comment to result in such an intense debate that had nothing to do with the what the OP was asking. Cause im such a good guy I will try to make up for it with some ideas.

Joining a mens league for a sport (they have leagues for every sport you can think of) can be a lot of fun and a great way to meet people, also can be a great workout. Concerts, comedy clubs, poker, or sporting events are a good idea if your into that, but going alone isn't always fun. You could throw a party (great way to meet new people and girls) and just not drink, you'll be too busy taking care of everything anyway. Just talk to your friends and people in your area to see if any thing fun is going on. If worse comes to worse just go out and party but don't drink a lot.

I love getting drunk and partying, but it is unfortunate how much we rely on alcohol to have fun during the weekends. Would be interested in hearing other ideas. Im in college right now so my weekend revolves around alcohol.

FairShake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why not go out with people who are drinking and don't drink?

I'm not a big drinker, one or two, because I tend to bug out and alienate people when I drink more. So I stop pretty early. It's generally not a big deal if you hang out with people who don't drink to excess either.

Also, hang with black people. They drink less. Seriously. :yes:

ENIGMA16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would love to find a sports league or something like that but don't even know where to start looking. I'm in Milwaukee, WI btw, and I can't find anything through Google searches.

FairShake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
JLay87 said:
I would love to find a sports league or something like that but don't even know where to start looking. I'm in Milwaukee, WI btw, and I can't find anything through Google searches.
meetup.com

And go to bars and talk to people that look like they might be into sports. That's how these things are usually done. Just don't drink.

garruk

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
JLay87 said:
do you have any friends in the same boat as you? grab some of them and find something to do together.

Alot of my old friends from high school aren't that social (because most of them all have girlfriends now or are super career oriented) so whenever we get together around the holidays when everyone is back home with their families we end up just chilling at someone's house. we drink sparingly, smoke sparingly and really just hang out and talk about life.

play poker, play video games with your friends (instead of playing alone), watch a funny movie you've seen already with your friends (so you can talk during it), cause trouble, play football in a pool (pretty fun, especially at night, kinda like water polo), hang out at some cafes.

ENIGMA16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
mrruckus said:
"I end up "

Then there's an avenue for self improvement right there. Why can't you control your eating and drinking while drinking alcohol? Where's the self control?
You're right. I ended up going to a friend's party and only drinking a little vodka, barely got a buzz and managed to hit it off with this girl, which was pretty cool. I'm working on it, but it's hard. I have terrible self control.

garruk said:
do you have any friends in the same boat as you?
No. All of my friends drink. I'm from Wisconsin. Everyone drinks on weekends, like I said.

Ever since I stopped drinking and being on this workout prog I've kind of gotten distant from a lot of my friends because of it. I'm looking for social things to do where I can meet new friends and start up a new social circle on top of the friends I already have. And I'm particularly looking for stuff to do on weekend nights because that's when I feel most anxious to go out and do something social; I feel like I'm wasting the night if I don't.

play video games with your friends
I like poker. That's a good idea. I don't like video games; I already do that too much. None of your other ideas are really feasible or appealing to me. I'm looking to meet new people, not just sit around with my friends.

I've contacted my local kickboxing gym and I think I'm going to start taking up kickboxing as a supplement to my working out and a way to do something more social.

Still looking for any other ideas, though, and I know a lot of other people are wondering this same thing, so let's keep this thread going.

garruk

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
ive generally heard that every person is more or less the conglomerate of the 5 people he hangs around the most. I have a hard time believing that you are the only one of your frineds with your problem. talk to people you work out with at the gym, ask what they do. I remember this party i went to last year, there were two bodybuilders there who spent the whole party eating tuna/rice instead of drinking ( lol), though they were still very social.

in any case, it sounds like you're looking for somehitng active... which is difficult to find considering you are looking for something to do friday/saturday night. my own gym has its latest class from 6-8 and i imagine your local gym to be much smaller (i live in california) and is very unlikely to have classes at night (esp on friday/saturday).

the last suggestion i can think of is to go on a date?

Deadly_Ripped

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not sure what's so terrible about hanging around people while not drunk?

Also, meetup.com is pretty awesome to do pretty much anything with a group of interesting people.

Can you stick to hard liquors? Maybe I'm wrong about this, but I was under the impression that they have almost no calories per shot.

ENIGMA16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
garruk said:
in any case, it sounds like you're looking for somehitng active... which is difficult to find considering you are looking for something to do friday/saturday night. my own gym has its latest class from 6-8 and i imagine your local gym to be much smaller (i live in california) and is very unlikely to have classes at night (esp on friday/saturday).
I am looking for something active I guess, but I mean it doesn't have to be working out, just want to get out of the house. And it doesn't necessarily have to be on Friday and Saturday night but that's what I'm primarily looking for as that's when I'm most motivated to go do something.

Deadly Ripped said:
Can you stick to hard liquors? Maybe I'm wrong about this, but I was under the impression that they have almost no calories per shot.
I could. But I have pretty poor self control sober and what little I have usually goes out the door when I drink. I'm getting more interested in learning to drink scotch though so I think I could just go out and enjoy a scotch while my friends get drunk haha.

I'm surprised nobody mention SARGING
I have one friend who is sober that I'll probably start going out with.

ricososuave

Don Juan
Reaction score
To whoever smokes weed.
Smoking weed doesn't make you lazy. the people who smoke were lazy before they started smoking. There are plenty successful people who smoke weed daily. (some we know about some we dont)