Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What's there to do besides drink?

ENIGMA16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm on a controlled diet where I'm trying not to drink, and it's pretty difficult on the weekends because I seriously have no idea what to do. I end up playing video games all day or sitting around the house doing something by myself.

What is there to do that's social that's as fun as drinking? This sounds absolutely ridiculous to me but I seriously have no idea what to do. :confused:

Kenny Powers

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
smoke weed

Neon Owl

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Kenny Powers said:
smoke weed
Well that's a start lol

How about going hiking/walking somewhere nice, fishing, go to the gym and lift some weights, read a book, go to the cinema, go bowling, mountain bike riding.

Anything there piqued your interest? There is WAY more to life than getting drunk. Get out there and live a little man!

Fuglydude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There's tons you can do w/o alcohol:

- movies/concerts
- clubbing (just don't drink, or go to an afterhours place that doesn't serve alcohol)
- read
- camp/hike (assuming the climate permits)
- date/phuck (take your gf out, or go out w/ women if you're single. Sex is great exercise if you're going hard).
- NFL sundays :D
- take a hip hop class
- go lift. I often do my heavy day on the weekends because I have more time.
- Cook. If you're eating a lot of food, then you'll have to cook large amounts of food. Its easy to prep all your meals for the coming week over the weekend.
- Clean/house mantainance. Basic household crap.
- Take your dog for walks (if you have a dog).
- Smoke a joint and chill out after a hard work out.
- Get into something like wall climbing or a martial art.

Tons of options man... Just gotta open your mind and check out the possibilities.

Neon Owl

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
San Jose California said:
even worse

<waits for all the people to respond with "weed's never killed anyone"
You're a moron.

Neon Owl

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Only if you can explain why smoking herb every day is even worse than drinking alcohol every day.

Didn't think so.

*Awaits random babble and unproven facts about how weed causes man boobs and makes you become a zombie.

Darth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Neon Owl said:
Only if you can explain why smoking herb every day is even worse than drinking alcohol every day.

Didn't think so.
Weed makes you useless. Drinking, in moderation, is relaxing. And all you have the next day is a headache.

Smoke weed, and you have THC in your body for up to 30 days. So if you smoke it everyday, you are ensuring that you are impaired all the time.

I would also say that from my personal experiences knowing people before they started using, and then after, that "weed" creates permanent changes in a person's personality, especially during the formative years.

Marijuana also has a sh!tton of tar in it. Just use your head. Lighting anything on fire and breathing in smoke rather than air, no matter what it is, is not going to be good for you.

Let me repeat: Smoking marijuana is NOT GOOD FOR YOU. Go lift weights instead.

EDIT: If you don't believe me....

http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?t=63680

Neon Owl

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Darth said:
Weed makes you useless. Drinking, in moderation, is relaxing. And all you have the next day is a headache.
If weed makes YOU useless than that is your problem. Leave the weed for others who can use it and manage to get things done. Maybe you need to manage your time better?

Smoke weed, and you have THC in your body for up to 30 days. So if you smoke it everyday, you are ensuring that you are impaired all the time.
haha I love this one. Look guy, have you even smoked a joint in your entire life? I can tell you from many years of personal experience smoking weed myself that me and every single one of my friends smoked pot and stayed high for no more than 3 hours unless it is eaten. If you can show me some weed that will stone me for 30 days I would pay you handsomely! haha
Sure, there may be traces in your system but to say that you are "impaired all the time" is absolute sh1te. Get some real world experience and then come back to me.

I would also say that from my personal experiences knowing people before they started using, and then after, that "weed" creates permanent changes in a person's personality, especially during the formative years.
"before they started using" lmfao you sound like you're talking about a heroin addict. Of course taking a certain drug every day is going to have an effect on your personality. Take any mind altering substance every day for years and it WILL change you in some way (alcohol is a drug btw :)) It is not a property unique to weed itself in any way.

Marijuana also has a sh!tton of tar in it. Just use your head. Lighting anything on fire and breathing in smoke rather than air, no matter what it is, is not going to be good for you.
So you're a ***** and can't take a little tar? There are these new-fangled things called vapourisers now buddy, no smoke and no tar just the active ingredients. And of course you can always eat it.

Let me repeat: Smoking marijuana is NOT GOOD FOR YOU. Go lift weights
instead.
I lift weights and smoke marijuana. Seems to be agreeing with me so far but what would I know. I don't watch as much psuedo-science propaganda bullsh1t as you so I could be wrong.

lmao what is that link supposed to prove? That most people know fvck all about the true effects of weed. Propaganda monkeys the lot of you.

BOLD

Fuglydude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Darth said:

Let me repeat: Smoking marijuana is NOT GOOD FOR YOU. Go lift weights instead.

Sorry dude, but quoting a sosuave.net thread is kinda anecdotal when you wanna reference something.

Try these ones:

http://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(10)61462-6/abstract

http://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(09)60746-7/abstract

http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/11/01/alcohol.harm/index.html

The Lancet article basically shows that alcohol is the most harmful drug overall (when one factors in social and individual harm).

I work in a large ICU. Many of our patients are typically in ICU because of EtOH abuse. In my 1.5 years there, I can think of ONE single case that I've seen where a pt was there for THC issues... and he also had many other underlying health problems.

THC typically has a half life of (2-60 hours) as shown by:

Grotenhermen F (2003). "Pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of cannabinoids". Clin Pharmacokinet 42 (4): 327–6

Abstract:
http://www.ingentaconnect.com/content/adis/cpk/2003/00000042/00000004/art00003

Typically it take 4-5 half lives to "completely eliminate" a drug from the body. Taking the maximum t1/2 of 60 hours, x 5 = 300 hours = 12.5 days... 12.5 < 30. Therefore your statement is incorrect.

The article also gives information on plasma THC concentration kinetics:

"Pulmonary assimilation of inhaled THC causes a maximum plasma concentration within minutes, psychotropic effects start within seconds to a few minutes, reach a maximum after 15-30 minutes, and taper off within 2-3 hours. Following oral ingestion, psychotropic effects set in with a delay of 30-90 minutes, reach their maximum after 2-3 hours and last for about 4-12 hours, depending on dose and specific effect."

There TONS of other evidence out there to show how bad EtOH actually is... I'll let you dig it up for yourself.

Darth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When alcohol is ABUSED, it may cause more external damage.

But I still stand by my statement that marijuana is not GOOD for you.

Neon Owl said:
So you're a ***** and can't take a little tar?
LOL...that's not a great argument.

It's also hard for a study to measure laziness, apathy, and other personality changes that don't land you in ICU, but are nonetheless harmful.

Da Realist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Drinking is big in my city, so it takes some creativity to find something to do. There's mma/boxing matches, roller derby, dodgeball leagues, flag football, developing a business plan, etc. Just depends on what you want to do.

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Weed and sex.

Weed gives you the munchies. It's great for bulking. It also relaxes you. It's not as toxic and damaging to your body as alcohol is.

Sex also relaxes, and it burns calories... if you're doing it right.

Neon Owl

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Darth said:
LOL...that's not a great argument.
It wasn't an argument. It was a rhetorical question, the answer to which you clipped off the end so you could make it look like you had a worthwhile comeback.
Good try.

j0n24

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yo darth all you have to say to shut the people up that are arguing with you about weed is something they can not refute at all.

Weed IS ILLEGAL. Thats it.

They want to make claims that weed has no side effects fine let them just know that weed is still illegal and if you walk around in public all proud you smoke weed and even SMELL like weed well good luck wasting your entire night in jail.

BOTH products have no good side effects to even take in the first place.....its kind of sad and pathetic when people that smoke weed make it some high and mighty thing...not to mention how they are sooo proud smoking it.

I mean they can say it helps with aches and pain and the forever scape goat that it helps with glaucoma but funny thing there are other things that are more effective for these type of things.

I find it funny that people need to smoke to feel good about their life...;/

ENIGMA16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Take your stupid weed debate somewhere else.

Maybe I should've given some more background. I go to the gym every day, twice a day on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. During weekdays I spend my free time reading, studying and learning German. I have plenty to do during the week.

However, primarily on weekend evenings (i.e. Friday and Saturday nights) I find myself sitting at home by myself with no idea what to do, because everyone I know just goes out to the bar, and I don't have strong enough willpower to go and not drink.

So, to rephrase the question, what is there to do on a weekend evening that is social and doesn't involve drinking or eating?

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
JLay87 said:
So, to rephrase the question, what is there to do on a weekend evening that is social and doesn't involve drinking or eating?
Some kind of activity, group activity. Dancing (or dance class), a team sport soccer is easy to learn. Some kind of hobby. I like to take photos, but that's mostly a loner activity unless I'm going out for a bigger shoot somewhere nice then I invite others along.

So, is there anything you like to do? Anything you've been interested in?

ENIGMA16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alle Gory said:
So, is there anything you like to do? Anything you've been interested in?
I'm currently learning German and studying Aerospace Propulsion in my free time as a means of getting into grad school. I'm obviously going to the gym a ton (cardio in the morning 7 days a week plus lifting TRS). I read a lot.

I'm interested in cooking (but my diet kind of kills that idea), playing guitar (although I never play because interest never translates into sitting down and playing, maybe I'm not as interested as I think, IDK), film, photography, music.

I'd be interested in trying any new things, really. I could really use just going and trying something completely new that I've never tried before. I just don't know what people do on free evenings besides go out to drink or eat. Everyone always says the same things, which you've said as well. I don't know any sports or classes that happen on Friday/Saturday nights.