Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What's that need for people to support their country in the world cup

RestUnknown

Don Juan
Reaction score
Why do people do this? You see houses, cars, clothes decorated in the colors of the country's flag.

Is it just the need to feel part of something? To hope their country does good so they feel better about themselves?

sosousage

Banned
Reaction score
or maybe they just like football? gosh i hate football, but if i liked it i probably still wouldnt watch matches because it would be more interesting to play than to watch someone playing

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sense of belonging, love of the game and wanting to support your team. I support and have watched most of the matches so far - would never decorate my house or car with flags though.

Dash Riprock

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It actually goes deeper than just being a fan of football or soccer as we call it here in the US. Studies have been conducted as to why we (men mostly) fervently follow a team or club. Fact is, it's rooted deep in our DNA and dates back thousands of years to tribal and clan warfare. Certain tribes would dress a certain way or wear war paint in a certain manner. When we back a team, it's the same biological tendencies getting stoked; feeling of being attached or threatened by another tribe or clan. So we wear the colors, fly the flag, and some even paint their face. I must admit, I do get emotional when pulling for my teams especially those I have an emotional connection to like the Wisconsin Badgers (alma mater).

So, next time your woman asks why you get so worked up about a sporting event, tell her you can't help it it's in your DNA.

Because the US is out of the World Cup, I'm pulling for Poland and Iceland because of my ethnic hertiage.