What would you guys do in such a situation

OngBak

Don Juan
Reaction score
What would you do if you have grown adult daughter living in your house being in a relationship with a toxic guy, who clearly isn’t good for your daughter? How would you deal with such a situation when talking about it didn’t help?

Mertz09

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Tread lightly, She probably won't listen. And keep an I on this guy. Next time he comes to the house to pick her up..... greet him at the door and be cleaning your gun.

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What would you do if you have grown adult daughter living in your house being in a relationship with a toxic guy, who clearly isn’t good for your daughter? How would you deal with such a situation when talking about it didn’t help?
Hi Ong,
Very little you can do but ensure she is on the pill...Good Luck.

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You're twenty-five, but you have a grown adult daughter?
Oh, I get it. You're the toxic guy?

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is a hypothetical Question what everyone of you would do, you didnt get it
No, it's oddly specific for a hypothesis, but since you don't know about raising children, a good father gives his daughter the tools to recognise and avoid the toxic men.

If your daughter still lives with you as an adult and has a relationship with a toxic guy, you failed as a father.

OngBak

Don Juan
Reaction score
No, it's oddly specific for a hypothesis, but since you don't know about raising children, a good father gives his daughter the tools to recognise and avoid the toxic men.

If your daughter still lives with you as an adult and has a relationship with a toxic guy, you failed as a father.
Im not a father, but Im also not an Idiot, I do understand the dynamics within family and their causes and influences can have on their Children. I do believe some factors outside of the family can play a role too. Life experiences, your social circle, childhood experiences, mobbing, dispositional factors such as self-worth and confidence, no matter how perfect the relationship might be inside the family, it doesnt guarantee a perfect life outside. You can provide the tools, but does it really guarantee anything? People can be cruel outside in the world, especially children with other children. You also have to take into account that there will be some People with disorders, these People might be children, their classmates, their teachers that further negatively influence the kid

I personally know a family with a great father, as far as I know them, one of his daughters is married to a great guy and they both are genuinely happy with each other, its easy to spot fake happiness. She is feminine, traditional, caring, kind, compliant and respectful. But another of his daughters, complete opposite started to have deviate behaviors since she is with the toxic guy

Last edited:

Dr.Suave

Reaction score
She´s an adult. There is not much you can do except "be there for her" if (when?) things dont work out.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
OP: until you, experience fatherhood, being handed a screaming little baby boy or girl for the first time, the first time you have to tend to them because they’ve hurt themselves, etc. you do not have a seat at the table.

It is impossible to explain to even the most intelligent and thoughtful people who are childless what it’s like to be a parent. You can say oh yeah, I’ve loved people before and I can understand what it’s like!

NO you cannot.

Last edited:

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
You would respect that she is an adult and stop being an overbearing father who is pushing her right into the arms of the man you want her to get away from.

The time you could have helped was when she was growing up and you taught her how to make better choices for herself in life. But you can't rewind the clock and get a do over.

She is an adult and she is free to make her own decisions whether you like them or not.