"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

What would have you said to this...?

alphamale1

Don Juan
Joined
Jun 10, 2004
Messages
141
Reaction score
0
Age
46
Location
Brisbane
Hey Guysssss...,

This woman called me last nite and we chatted and she mentioned that she works for a kebab place, and I said wow you cook. and I said.....I need a woman who knows how to cook....
and she said.....i dont know how to cook...and I replied:

ohhh i was interested in u but now that I know you cant cook, im not that interested now........

she then said "i betta get going""...and I replied 'give me a call one day if u want to do something...

Ok what c&f statements would have you said when she says I dont know how to cook.....and when she says i know how to cook.

getting there buddy juans.....

Ben
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

jonny football hero

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 1, 2003
Messages
705
Reaction score
1
Age
38
Location
!Robin Hood country, Uk!
"as long as you can make breakfast ;)"
 

rgeere

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 25, 2003
Messages
1,925
Reaction score
1
Location
Fort Worth, Texas
Her: i dont know how to cook

Me: Wow thanks, you've just made my day by encouraging me to live up to my life long dream of becoming a full-time househusband. Just as long as you don't gripe about supper being cold or burnt or anything, I hate that.
 

AFK Protector

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 3, 2004
Messages
1,596
Reaction score
4
Location
United States of America
Re: Re: What would have you said to this...?

Originally posted by rgeere
Her: i dont know how to cook

Me: Wow thanks, you've just made my day by encouraging me to live up to my life long dream of becoming a full-time househusband. Just as long as you don't gripe about supper being cold or burnt or anything, I hate that.
When **** gets too long, it's not C&F. It's just being a stuck up smart-ass, and unless you have good looks, you won't pull it off giving her a friggin sermon. Nice try grasshopper.:)

nice one jonnyfootball

her: I don't know how too cook
me: not all things that need to be eaten have to be cooked;) (refering to pvssy you know)
her::eek:
me: I was talking about sushi you perv!
 

rgeere

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 25, 2003
Messages
1,925
Reaction score
1
Location
Fort Worth, Texas
Re: Re: Re: What would have you said to this...?

Originally posted by AFK Protector
When **** gets too long, it's not C&F. It's just being a stuck up smart-ass, and unless you have good looks, you won't pull it off giving her a friggin sermon. Nice try grasshopper.:)
Well, I just happen to be an average looking stuck-up smartass, and it's never failed me. It's not necessarily what you say, but how you say it that makes all the difference in the end.

Although, that was more of a keyboard jockey response. In a real life situation it would probably sound better shortened.
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

Chemistry

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 3, 2002
Messages
780
Reaction score
3
Location
International
Best reply... AFK

The whole househusband line comes off patronising and sarcastic...

What works is witty.. witty is always short and fast

And I'm jacking that line for tonight, lol... University is back on, town is full of 1000s of 18/19 yr old chicks... and you know these freshers ain't up on cooking yet!
 
Top