"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

What was this girl doing?

MoreThanSmooth

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 8, 2017
Messages
1,019
Reaction score
791
Age
35
Went on a bar date with this girl I've known a while. Started off with some light chat and she mentioned her job etc. etc.

Anyway after a while she asked about any dates I'd been on, I said I went on a date last month with a girl who talked nothing but politics and ended up not seeing her again as a result.

Well from this point in the date, she talked literally nothing but politics! She was pretty cool about it and we didn't butt heads, but I found it sort of weird. Was this some kind of test? Maybe to see if she's more compatible with me than the last girl or something?

Unfortunately I did my usual stupid thing of messaging her too early after the date so I doubt I'll see her again, I always manage to make myself seem like a desperate sap when I do that and I don't know why I always do it -.-
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

Serenity

Moderator
Joined
Aug 19, 2013
Messages
5,150
Reaction score
5,056
Age
35
Location
Eye of the storm
She messed up the date and you're still interested, that's the subtle desperation men don't notice in themselves. Who the fvck spends a date talking about politics? Test or not, she should have failed your test...
 

Billtx49

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 23, 2013
Messages
5,989
Reaction score
5,410
Location
DFW
I went on a date last month with a girl who talked nothing but politics and ended up not seeing her again as a result.

Well from this point in the date, she talked literally nothing but politics!
This may be a simple covert case of 1+1 = 2 …
She finds out you don’t like to date talk politics.
She doesn’t like you so she date talks politics.
Equals, You dump her so she doesn’t have to.
 

Vice

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 23, 2007
Messages
2,004
Reaction score
186
Messaged her too early after the date? How soon after? I usually don’t feel the need to do that since I’ve had enough interacting with her after we just finished hanging out. I have things to do afterward.
 

backseatjuan

Banned
Joined
Nov 2, 2011
Messages
4,441
Reaction score
1,651
Age
45
Location
Россия
Looks like she caught your bullsht with inexperienced dater. You had interviewer vibe going with her, and it was borring as fck, so she used the time to beta champ you. Get rid of interviewer vibe before you go on the date, drop that texting trash, and call her up before you go on the date. That chit chat you did at the bar could be done over phone. Then on date you escalate, bar is a pretty save place, it's not even risque like a club. You gotta bring her back to your place. Alternative that seems to work most of the time is grabbing some fastfood and driving to secluded location with a scenic view, you get to eat and to fck.
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

Vice

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 23, 2007
Messages
2,004
Reaction score
186
Solid response, stormrider.

I want to add that politics and religion are considered "death topics" per old school pickup, and it holds true to this day.

ESPECIALLY during the last election, when I was in college it was all people wanted to discuss. I was pulling a girl home one night after a Halloween party and she was asking me who I was planning to vote for.
 

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 27, 2008
Messages
5,027
Reaction score
5,356
Tell her you think the “women’s equality movement” is bs.lol
 
Top