"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

What to say on the first phone call

Bumble-B

Don Juan
Joined
Feb 17, 2002
Messages
43
Reaction score
0
Age
47
Location
Oith
Ok, you got the number and it's not fake.

Questions:
1. How do you decide when to call. I've seen most people agree that 2-3 days is best. So, which things do you look at to decide how long to wait to call that woman?

2. This is actually my biggest question: what do you say on that first phone call?

Intuitively I would think that this phone call has to be no longer than 5 to 10 minutes. I would start with asking something like "how are you", then some other question about some activity that she was going to do. Then end the conversation with asking het out, giving her two options (like: wednesday or friday). If she cannot go on both days I'd ask her if she can go another day. If she then says she's really busy I'd never call her again.
Is that the right DJ's first call?

Thanks for your help,
Bumble-B
 

“The 22 Rules That Flip the Script With Women… And How You Can Use Them Tonight”

Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.

Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers.  Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.

I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.

Read more...

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 15, 2003
Messages
6,620
Reaction score
186
Age
47
Location
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
There's no right answer.

I call, ask her what she's up to right now/last couple days, maybe make a minute of small talk if she has something to talk about. (seems like all chicks wanna talk your ear off on the phone)

Then I find out what she's doing on xxx day, and then if she doesn't have plans, suggest something.

Then get off the phone as quickly as possible.

As far as having a "backup day," that's hit-or-miss, because I have other things (and other women) to do. ;)
 

DankNuggs

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 14, 2003
Messages
586
Reaction score
0
I find it the hardest when your calling back a girl you met randomly out at a bar...You have to do they, "Hey its Danknuggs, I met you out at XXX on XXX" You then have to recall something from meeting her other than an approximate cup size of her tits.

Find a mutual topic to talk about for a minute or two (she knows why your calling). One way to make it easier on you is to talk about your week, ask her about hers. Girls that don't want to go out start early with the "im so busy blah blah blah...with alot of vague statements" if you get by this, then tell her your date idea...

You'll be fine...
 

uniassign

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 6, 2003
Messages
646
Reaction score
1
I call, ask her what she's up to right now/last couple days, maybe make a minute of small talk if she has something to talk about.

Sorry dude, have to disagree with you on this one.

Think about all the salespeople that call you out of the blue. They always ask "how are you" or other rapport seeking questions first right?

In fact, that's what EVERYONE does. They seek rapport straight away on the phone, and the receiver INSTANTLY knows that the caller WANTS something.

So what do you do?

Call her and TELL her a story. Call her and use call back humour to put her back into the state that you left her in.

Eg: I call up a girl (usually within 48 hours) and tell her that I thought I saw her on the street, and I sneaked up behind her and said XXX (something crazy and slightly offensive - what I said to her when I met her) and then go on to describe how that girl reacted.

They usually laugh and then we are off to a great start on the phone. She is going to feel comfortable and not "weirded out" talking to some stranger. It shows that you are CONSISTANT with the fun and crazy image that they come to know.

THEN you go and ask those small talk questions to get her comfortable.

SET HER up by qualifying her. Tell her how you HATE flaky people, how people who are not adventurous enough to meet new people and that you cannot hang out with such people. Ask if she is flaky and if she is then it was nice meeting her.

THEN you set something up (has to be fun and exciting).
 

DJ_Dork

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 29, 2003
Messages
1,178
Reaction score
0
Age
48
Call, say hey what's up blah blah blah. Talk for about 15 min(don't worry about what other DJs say - build trust) - After that.. hang up. During the long convo find out what's going to be happening with her the following week.

Wait 2-3 days then call her to blah blah blah, ask about (whatever she told you about) and then ask if she's available 2-3 days from now. If she says "I'm BUsy" and offers no counter offer. her number gets deleted off your cell, whatever. Find other girls - if she is still interested in you, expect a call within 10 days. If not - oh well.

DO NOT LEAVE VOICEMAIL.
 

“The 22 Rules That Flip the Script With Women… And How You Can Use Them Tonight”

Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.

Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers.  Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.

I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.

Read more...

ScrewIt

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 11, 2004
Messages
1,769
Reaction score
2
when you call, GET STRAIGHT TO THE POINT...the reason that you called.

when a girl gives me a "busy" crap and no counter offer, i just next her.

but then im not sure if the no counter offer thing really means they're not interested in you. i was just thinking over, it's possible itm akes them seem desperate IF they do offer a counter offer.
 

DJ_Dork

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 29, 2003
Messages
1,178
Reaction score
0
Age
48
Desperate? I disagree. You call up the girl : Hey what's up.. Let's go eat at this place, you free on Wed/Thurs Girl: No.. I'm busy.. BUT I can see you on Fri.

How is that desperate? To me that is class. She is making a little bit effort to show she is interested enough to meet you.

HOWEVER.. if she says I'm Busy.. and then says nothing else. I don't next her. Stop being so quick with the next trigger. I make one more effort a week later - if she gives me same answer... then NEXT.
 

Pimp-sicle

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 27, 2003
Messages
2,457
Reaction score
101
Location
Pimpsylvania
I agree with Unassign. I usually lighten the mood by making the girl laugh right off the bat. Then we have some good tension/flirting going on to build off. After that I get their schedule for the week and see where I can fit them in. I'll arrange a get together for the next day or the day after.

There's no magic formula for this. If the girl has high interest you could talk about bullshiat for a minute and ask her to hang out then she'll agree. Think about it this way. Getting a girl's number is a mere formality of your game when you met her. If you impressed her enough she'll be more than willing to hangout with you. If you seemed desperate or didn't work you game well enough she'll ditch you like yesterday's socks.


PIMP
 

Bumble-B

Don Juan
Joined
Feb 17, 2002
Messages
43
Reaction score
0
Age
47
Location
Oith
Thanks for sharing what works for you, there are some excellent tips here!

Keep'em coming :cool:
 
Top