"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

What to do with my ex?

Lost Cause

Don Juan
Joined
Mar 31, 2003
Messages
141
Reaction score
0
Age
46
Location
Newport Beach
I have an ex girlfriend whom I dated for 2 1/2 years and broke up with at the end of last June. Well I haven't called her (or talked to her) since Halloween and she has been calling me off and on ever since. I'd say she's called me an average of once a month since. She even called me on valentines day and that got me to wonder what the hell she wants from me. Why would an ex call you on valentines day? I wasn't home when she called and there was no message on the machine but it was clearly her #. I told myself I wouldn't call her back but I can't help but wonder what her agenda is.

Any advice?
 

“The 22 Psychological Triggers That Make Women Chase You… Starting Tonight”

Forget the cash, the cars, and the chiseled jawlines. Female desire operates on a completely different frequency. Primal. Subconscious. Triggers that bypass her logic and hit her on a gut level. Most guys are totally blind to them.

I know because I was one of them. The overthinking. The paralysis. The silent drive home kicking yourself for freezing up. Watching average guys walk away with the girl while you stood there stuck in your own head.

Then I decoded the psychology behind what actually makes women tick. 22 hard rules.  Subtle behavioral shifts that rewired my entire reality. The anxiety evaporated. Women started leaning in. Investing. Chasing.

Read more...

Skel

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 5, 2003
Messages
1,721
Reaction score
10
If you dont want her back then why call her back?

Curiousity killed the cat ya know. Ive always wondered what the hell the cat was so curious about anyways. I hope it wasnt something as stupid as an ex though :p
 

DreamerZZ35

Don Juan
Joined
Feb 18, 2004
Messages
35
Reaction score
0
Location
Columbus
Originally posted by Lost Cause
I have an ex girlfriend whom I dated for 2 1/2 years and broke up with at the end of last June. Well I haven't called her (or talked to her) since Halloween and she has been calling me off and on ever since. I'd say she's called me an average of once a month since. She even called me on valentines day and that got me to wonder what the hell she wants from me. Why would an ex call you on valentines day? I wasn't home when she called and there was no message on the machine but it was clearly her #. I told myself I wouldn't call her back but I can't help but wonder what her agenda is.

Any advice?
May I offer some observations? I would guess since you're posting about her that she broke up with you. Clearly if you had broken up with her, you most likely wouldnt care if she was calling you. Personally, my experience as that going back is a big waste of time. You broke up for good reasons. If she broke up with you, do you really want to re experience the pain she will throw down on your heart?

Go get new digits dude, find a HB8+ with a great heart, loyalty, integrity with a great attitude and you wont care what your ex wants... in fact, you will tell her to stop calling
 

Slickster

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 1, 2003
Messages
2,517
Reaction score
215
Location
Canada
Its entirely possible that she just wants to say "Hey how you been?"

There doesn't have to be an agenda. You were best buds for a long time maybe she misses you and wants to talk.

If you are happy where you are at right now in life then there isn't really any problem with contacting her.

However if you have a little oneitis going then stay the hell away.
 

Lost Cause

Don Juan
Joined
Mar 31, 2003
Messages
141
Reaction score
0
Age
46
Location
Newport Beach
Originally posted by Slickster
Its entirely possible that she just wants to say "Hey how you been?"

There doesn't have to be an agenda. You were best buds for a long time maybe she misses you and wants to talk.

If you are happy where you are at right now in life then there isn't really any problem with contacting her.

However if you have a little oneitis going then stay the hell away.

I would of thought the same thing had she called me on a random day. But in my past experiences, ex'es don't call on Valentines Day, the day of love to ask their ex "how they are". it just doesn't make sense.

I wouldn't say that I have 'oneitis', but I do miss her at times. I have moved on and am doing well for myself. I'm financially set for life, sing in a band, am in school, healthy, happy and on my own. She complemented me very well and that's the part I miss. Other than that I'm doing awesome without her.

I'll probably give her a call this week. She's called me 4 times now with me not calling her back. That's a good ratio to keep with an ex.
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

ManOMan

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 23, 2003
Messages
504
Reaction score
2
it sounds like this is an issue for you because you WANT her to call you , stroke your ego, and tell you she misses you.

The question here shouldnt be "what did she want?"

the question should be "Why do I care that she called so much that I have to ask a forum about it?"
 

Lost Cause

Don Juan
Joined
Mar 31, 2003
Messages
141
Reaction score
0
Age
46
Location
Newport Beach
Originally posted by ManOMan
it sounds like this is an issue for you because you WANT her to call you , stroke your ego, and tell you she misses you.

The question here shouldnt be "what did she want?"

the question should be "Why do I care that she called so much that I have to ask a forum about it?"

Yeah that is part of it. I'd love for her to say that after she broke up with me for some other jerkass. And now she's all alone on valentines day and calling me. Yeah that would feel good. Seeing as I was a greay guy to her (not AFC, but a good guy). She was young and didn't know any different from me (in terms of boyfriends). She went to find out and lost.


Yes... I think every man would love to hear that from an ex.
 

NewMan

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 29, 2003
Messages
2,406
Reaction score
16
Location
Los Angeles
Lost Cause I agree.

But remember it can never be the same.

Don't think about it and move on - that phone could possibly open up a box within you that would be better off closed.

Forget gloating.

Just keep doing what your doing - moving forward.
 
Joined
Nov 6, 2003
Messages
4,280
Reaction score
8
Location
Wisconsin. USA
Maybe she misses what she oncw had, after getting disrespected from other dudes!! You came up in her mind!
 

ManOMan

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 23, 2003
Messages
504
Reaction score
2
chances are, she isnt with the jerko any longer. Gwhen a girl is into a guy, there is NO other man in her mind. But she is calling you on V day.

Most likely she is thinking about you and wants to find out if you have moved on or not.
 

“The 22 Psychological Triggers That Make Women Chase You… Starting Tonight”

Forget the cash, the cars, and the chiseled jawlines. Female desire operates on a completely different frequency. Primal. Subconscious. Triggers that bypass her logic and hit her on a gut level. Most guys are totally blind to them.

I know because I was one of them. The overthinking. The paralysis. The silent drive home kicking yourself for freezing up. Watching average guys walk away with the girl while you stood there stuck in your own head.

Then I decoded the psychology behind what actually makes women tick. 22 hard rules.  Subtle behavioral shifts that rewired my entire reality. The anxiety evaporated. Women started leaning in. Investing. Chasing.

Read more...

Joined
Jan 6, 2004
Messages
57
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Location
el estado de la sol
If it was me I'd ignore her until she got the point- if you don't want her. If all you want from her is sex it'll be very hard to get that- though if you do it'll turn out bad like it did in my situation with my last ex. One of you will eventually get emotional and get jealous of the other.
 
Top