Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What to do when she compliments you?

Vacalactica

Reaction score
Hello... i am a recovering AFC and i always read this forum, but this is my first post... i have this quastion... when a girl compliments me about my looks, or any thing, i get embarassed sometimes... i know i am suposed to be ****y, but i don't want to be arrogant, what's the best thing i am suposed to do when i get a compliment?
thanks

Tails

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
smile and compliment them back. be cool about it like you always get compliments (it will show confidence). learn not to get shy and embaressed. that's what GIRLS do when you compliment them!

Dirtheart

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've wondered this too and I'd also get embarrassed when I received a compliment and acted all modest like "really?", "I wish I could believe that" or "you're just being kind".

These days I try to respond with a ****y tone, like, "I know" or "I like a girl with good taste". But I actually think a plain "thanks" works better as it shows you're not moved by it - i.e. you're used to it.

BrWnSugaMan

Don Juan
Reaction score
1. Whatever you do don't compliment them back. Your return compliment is going to seem very insincere.

2. Don't react like you don't know what they are talking about such as "really?"

3. The best thing to do is like Dirtheart said says "Thanks". But I would also add that you should say this while continuing whatever you were doing before she complimented you without looking at her. It shows that you get it all the time and that it is nothing special.

Mercenary

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by BrWnSugaMan
1. Whatever you do don't compliment them back. Your return compliment is going to seem very insincere.

2. Don't react like you don't know what they are talking about such as "really?"
I disagree. I think you should be able to compliment them back, in a sincere manner. For example, a girl complimented me on my hair the other day, I quickly said thankyou (i'm used to people commenting on my hair) and in the same breath I said "I like your frames". She was clearly impressed, because how specific I was regarding her appearance and because I didn't have to look her over first.

And I don't think you should play dumb when they give you the compliment either. It should seem that you are purposeful in your appearance or action. You shouldn't play it off like it's an accident.

powerplay

Reaction score
When a woman compliments you the best thing to say is, "I'm glad you like it." This is something that David D and Swinggcat do.

Another great thing, I got from Swinggcat is when a woman compliments you, respond with, "I know I do."

BrWnSugaMan

Don Juan
Reaction score
"I like your frames". She was clearly impressed, because how specific I was regarding her appearance and because I didn't have to look her over first.

-This is your subjective interpretation of her response.

And I don't think you should play dumb when they give you the compliment either. It should seem that you are purposeful in your appearance or action. You shouldn't play it off like it's an accident.
-Now you're putting words in my mouth and misinterpreting my post.

1hepcat

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think it's nice to mix it up a bit. Sometimes I will smile and say thanks. Or tell her I appreciate her good taste. Or do a David D. type C&F and say "yeah, that's what all the girls say". Somethiing like that. Or sometimes I'll give a nice complement back (if it's NOT the first time she has complemented me). But don't act like you don't deserve it -- that makes you look insecure. And if every time she complements you, you try to outdo her with a complement back and then just lay them on, that will make you look insecure too.
MIX IT UP!

JSH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by powerplay
When a woman compliments you the best thing to say is, "I'm glad you like it." This is something that David D and Swinggcat do.

Another great thing, I got from Swinggcat is when a woman compliments you, respond with, "I know I do."
Cool, David D appears a bit of a prat . . . an the second might come off as arrogant. Thanks is probaly the best response. Also try to come up with yuour own responses and not rely on pre formulate lines (in respect to you quoting others) as otherwise you will be unable to pick women up and keep them.

NRM

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, I believe it isn't best to give a random return compliment. The point is, they would have given you that compliment regardless of what you were going to do next. You, on the otherhand, are recieving a compliment, and shouldn't just throw one back at her for giving you one. The best response is a simple "Thanks." And try to carry on a conversation.

It's just not cool to compliment someone you barely know. I find it's much better to save compliments for after you know them a bit and can give a very sincere one that couldn't just be said about her appearance or basic "You're smart." It's almost like giving a present on the first date or too early on. You'd give that present to any other girl that you were dating for the first time regardless of what kind of person she is. It's the sincere ones that count.

Tails

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by GigaloDJ
All of your posts are shyt. You need to stop giving advice.
ey bro, be cool. show the forum some love yo. what kind of attitude is this to show young fellow dj's? pfft. nigga you need to get your sh|t together yo!

not all of my posts are sh|t, lol.

Jango_Xavier

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
A kiwi in a very bad disguise of a dutchman :P
Originally posted by GigaloDJ
All of your posts are shyt. You need to stop giving advice.

[E*Bytch-Slap!]

When a girl compliments you here's what you do.

Say "Thanks [name]."

That's it! That's all you do! It's not hard.

EDIT: Or you can be C&F and say things like "1hepcat" wrote. (Under my post)

"Yeah that's what all the girls say."
Ur right GigaloDJ, thanks is the best reply to a compliment & dont compliment them back cause a afc friend of mine does it all the time & sounds so damned insecure. :)

P.S. im not gay but, i have to say that my friend is very good looking for a guy so, thats the only nice thing chicks can say about him, oh yeah & that he's really really nice. :)

Porky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tell her she has good taste.

Life-Trainee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Heh, i was buying books in my college store yesterday and the cashier chick complemented me on my name. She said, "It's a nice name, Life-Trainee". I smiled and responded with "Thanks". Of course i wouldn't wanna try anything C&F with this girl cuz she was hideous.

felony

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
"You know, when women compliment me, it usually means they're trying to get into my pants- i'm on to your little games missy!"

Ol'BlueEyes

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Similar thing happened to me

About two weeks ago I was at a club, relaxing with a gin & tonic.
This 5/6 came up and said, "I think you're cute." Ballsy girl.
Ol' drunky me just smiled and said "Thanks."
She wasn't that hot, but still I should've looked right into her eyes, and came up with, "What about me made you come over here and say that?" with a wink.

CrazyChemist

Reaction score
What a good thing to say when they compliment your height?
"no your just short" was the best I could come up with but that sounds kind of lame.

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah i think a curt "thanks" works great.

"What about me made you come over here and say that?" with a wink.
I think thats saying too much.

Tails

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
hmm, that reminds me of last year at school. i walked into the cafe, approached two girls sitting down and said to them:

"hi, you're both two very pretty girls. i just wanted to let you know."

and walked off.

just for the fun of it though.