Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

What to do when conversation is so obviously forced?

apocalypse later

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm currently in a relationship with a girl where conversation can feel a little forced sometimes. This is mostly on the phone though--when we're just together it's no problem. I've tried avoiding phone conversation, but it gets difficult when we don't see each other much in any classes.

Anyways, here's an example of when it feels forced. I get this semi-sick feeling in my stomach when it gets like this:

"Hey"

"Hey (pause)....what's going on?"

"(long pause, she's obviously trying to get something to say) My friend made me pissed off today (goes onto long story)"

At that point I just want to get off the phone. Normally, when we're physicall with each other, I can talk really easily with her. Just busting on her a bit, flirtatious banter, etc.

Should I just try to avoid the phone completely? Or are these awkward conversations just unavoidable sometimes?

Kev07

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bay Area, California, Currently in SoCal (UCR)
I don't know, the phone isn't a great place to talk, but if you insist heres an example.

yesterday i called a girl to set up a date, i just called and said hi, she said hi, i told her that i had job training tomorrow and if she wanted to hang out before, she said ok and started talking nonstop. i had to try 3 times before i could get to my goodnight line, it was like hey ge- before i get cut off with some balbhalbhlabhlabhablh. anyways the conversation on the phone only lasted around 4 minutes.

but that's how it usually is, if i talk long on a phone, usually the girl does all the talking

apocalypse later

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, she's a talkative girl, just not one to initiate a lot of conversation.

I don't know, maybe I should simply avoid talking on the phone unless it involves planning to hang out.

Read for FREE!

Serialized3

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
apocalypse later said:
I don't know, maybe I should simply avoid talking on the phone unless it involves planning to hang out.

Yep. Avoid text messages too. Those are for girls.

Obsidian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
seriously. Talking is for women. Be a man of action.