"She Laughed All Night. Then She Ghosted You. Here's Why."

Dinner ran three hours. She laughed at everything. You walked her to her car thinking this one's locked in.

Then: nothing. Two texts. No reply. What happened?

You did what most men do on a great date. You filled every silence, answered every question, and left her with nothing to wonder about. No mystery. Nothing to sit with when she got home.

Rule 3 of the "22 Rules" changes the ending: tell her a little, hold back the rest, and let her imagination do the chasing. The ghosting stops too.

Read more...

What should you do when you and a friend like the same girl

Dam44

Senior Don Juan
Joined
May 6, 2020
Messages
447
Reaction score
127
So my friend(not too sure if I should still call him that) and I like the same girl.

We met on facebook after our university's admission list was released and since then we've been friends.

Then I met this girl I like in our first year (same department, I made a thread about her) too. I was very inexperienced then, didn't go fully for what I wanted. I was good friends with her though we'd flirt and all that

Then, second year, I discover he's interested in her. I'm not totally sure if he knew I was interested in her.

So I pretend like I don't know he wants her and he pretends like he doesn't know I like her. We didn't ever talk about us liking her. He was my next neighbour in my hostel. I'd go his room, he'd come to mine. (but I was more of the one going)

Now, here's what got me pissed. He tried playing dirty. So in my country, our phone lines are prepaid. You recharge it to get data or airtime. So I buy data most of the time but I get free Airtime bonus which I don't use most times cos I don't call often

He would come and say he run out of airtime and he needed to speak with someone. So I'd give him my phone. I didn't bother to check my call logs.

Until one day, another mutual friend tipped me off comically that he had been calling my crush with my phone just after I had given him my phone again and told me to stop giving it to him

When he returned it, I checked my logs and it was true. I stopped giving him my phone since then but right now that I remember, I feel angry and betrayed.

We've not spoken so well since this pandemic

Are real friends that difficult to find?

I know I'm at fault too but what should one do when your friend is interested in the same girl?

And most friends I try to get advice from are not very sincere. I feel like they're after her too.

I really need to learn how to keep stuff to myself
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

logicallefty

Moderator
Joined
Apr 26, 2006
Messages
6,000
Reaction score
5,151
Age
52
Location
Northeast Florida, USA
You go for the girl and she makes the choice. If your friend has a problem with it, he's no longer your friend.
This^. Especially since he’s compelled himself to sneak behind your back.
 

17 shots

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 21, 2016
Messages
1,106
Reaction score
1,018
how long were there conversations when you checked the call log. Was he chatting her up for hours or what
 

backseatjuan

Banned
Joined
Nov 2, 2011
Messages
4,441
Reaction score
1,651
Age
45
Location
Россия
You haven’t fcked her she don’t see you sexually attractive thus you let your friend hit it. You as a player look for other brches you take on dates and fck not this sht I jerked off on her dor two years my friend ia fcking her he not my frind no more I’m a playa hater.
 

“The 22 Rules That Flip the Script With Women… And How You Can Use Them Tonight”

Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.

Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers.  Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.

I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.

Read more...

Spaz

Banned
Joined
Jan 14, 2018
Messages
8,337
Reaction score
6,878
A male friend can potentially be a faithful friend through thick and thin.

Male friendships is something that brings you a profit - regardless if u r a male or female.

Can any of you say the same abt women?

When a man places women as a Prize to be won over, he has devalued himself and now becomes a liability instead of a profit.

It all starts off with the right kind of mindset....how you think will see you down a path that's of ur own choosing.
 

BackInTheGame78

Moderator
Joined
Sep 10, 2014
Messages
16,864
Reaction score
19,093
Isn't this male nature tho? Competing for females? In the animal kingdom you and your friend would have gotten in some form of courtship contest and the winner would have gotten to mate with her.
 

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 27, 2015
Messages
17,586
Reaction score
11,948
Location
DFW, TX
It's dumb to let a female come between a friendship. Unless you both know shes a ho and your playing games for fun.
 
Last edited:

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 23, 2014
Messages
4,762
Reaction score
7,972
Location
USA, Louisiana
A good friend is worth his weight in gold... chicks can be replaced. Fighting over a woman is the stupidest think a man can do.

I've seen this a number of times in my life, and here is some truth. One of two things is happening. (1) The woman already knows who she likes better, and she is using the other man to exert control over the dude she wants using jealousy. (2) She doesn't really like either dude and this is all entertainment for her... something she can yack about with her friends.
 

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 13, 2016
Messages
2,444
Reaction score
2,738
Age
52
You had your chance with the woman, and lost it. Move on. She is the one you should be ditching.

Your buddy is just a guy, and he is doing what a Man should do. Getting in the pants of a receptive woman.

Don't be a ***** and don't create drama with him. Women are like trains ...there will be another by in 15 minutes.

I recall a woman from a neighboring university I bedded after a couple of dates and managed to double my lay count after a week or so. She was on the rebound and predictably she dumped my needy ass. A couple weeks later I hooked up with a hot chick in my Biology lab and started dating her. Then came to find out Girl 1 was now dating my buddy. You know what made it better? I was Facking some one else who was better looking....


Post script...During Spring Break later that year, she traveled 800 miles to a town near my hometown and contacted me to meet up. I had a chance to probably screw her but I held off.... I didn't want to give her the satisfaction.
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 27, 2015
Messages
17,586
Reaction score
11,948
Location
DFW, TX
A good friend is worth his weight in gold... chicks can be replaced. Fighting over a woman is the stupidest think a man can do.

I've seen this a number of times in my life, and here is some truth. One of two things is happening. (1) The woman already knows who she likes better, and she is using the other man to exert control over the dude she wants using jealousy. (2) She doesn't really like either dude and this is all entertainment for her... something she can yack about with her friends.
If she's been persistently single she probably does use her men situations as entertainment for her kids.
 

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 27, 2015
Messages
17,586
Reaction score
11,948
Location
DFW, TX
If your friend know you was already talking to her he shouldn't even be there in the first place. If you guys said she was just a ho and having fun and games then it doesn't matter.
 

Dam44

Senior Don Juan
Joined
May 6, 2020
Messages
447
Reaction score
127
how long were there conversations when you checked the call log. Was he chatting her up for hours or what
The longest was about 37 minutes. The others were about or less than 20 minutes

The length isn't really the problem. Imagine what she'd think, when my name displays only for her to hear his voice
 

Dam44

Senior Don Juan
Joined
May 6, 2020
Messages
447
Reaction score
127
You haven’t fcked her she don’t see you sexually attractive thus you let your friend hit it. You as a player look for other brches you take on dates and fck not this sht I jerked off on her dor two years my friend ia fcking her he not my frind no more I’m a playa hater.
He hit nothing
 

Dam44

Senior Don Juan
Joined
May 6, 2020
Messages
447
Reaction score
127
A male friend can potentially be a faithful friend through thick and thin.

Male friendships is something that brings you a profit - regardless if u r a male or female.

Can any of you say the same abt women?

When a man places women as a Prize to be won over, he has devalued himself and now becomes a liability instead of a profit.

It all starts off with the right kind of mindset....how you think will see you down a path that's of ur own choosing.
I haven't 'stopped' being friends with him. I reached out to him and he was kinda cold
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

Dam44

Senior Don Juan
Joined
May 6, 2020
Messages
447
Reaction score
127
Isn't this male nature tho? Competing for females? In the animal kingdom you and your friend would have gotten in some form of courtship contest and the winner would have gotten to mate with her.
In the animal kingdom, that's true. But I wouldn't do that to a friend

Something I made sure I did was to be laid-back. I didn't actually like it was a competition
 

Dam44

Senior Don Juan
Joined
May 6, 2020
Messages
447
Reaction score
127
If you're really good friends, you should be able to sort it out between the two of you with no hard feelings. Bros before hos.

He doesn't sound like a very good friend, though, since he's engaging in skullduggery instead of just being straight with you.

In that case I'll tell you what someone once told me.

It's not your job to ask his permission, but it is your job not to feel bitter if he scores and you don't.
It feels like there's a drift between us.

Lol, not being bitter would be quite difficult but this is good advice.
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

Top