what should i do about my belly fat?

Arizona iced tea

Don Juan
Reaction score
hi, im a 17 year old 165 lbs, 6'1" and ive gone on and off trying to get some good abs... my problem right now is lower abs or right around the belly button. i have abs, but they are just covered up by a small layer of fat. how can i get rid of this?

would just alot of situps and pushups daily help me out?

as far as diet, ive tried many different things, but as of right now, i can pretty much eat whatever i want without gaining an ounce of weight. i just need to burn a little fat, and if possible i would like to do it through exercise/cardio.

what do you guys think i could do?

SenorSuave

Don Juan
Reaction score
You sound like me, I've got pretty much the same problem. I've been doing about 200 crunches a day and am starting to see results. However, while I don't gain any weight from eating, I do have a problem with boredom eating, I'll get bored and start to eat. So while the crunches are starting to work, I need to find a way to stop the boredom thing.

6-heads lewis

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
1. belly fat wont come off by doing situps. strengthening your abs without getting rid of the fat will only make it stick out further.

2. at 6'1 165 you do not need to be worrying about fat. once you go on a serious bulking diet and start to pack on muscle, the little fat on your belly would be trivial in comparison to the improvements everyhwere else.

i was 6'0 165lbs a few months ago, trust me man your a pencil, at 185+ im still a pencil. as you start to get bigger you wont even consider burning fat till 200lbs.

Throttle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
start reading around here, you need to gain muscle and lose bodyfat, which with your stats is very doable (focus on building muscle, your caloric requirements will go way up and you can add in cardio later to push it along)