What shoes do you fellow runners/walkers use ?

Giovanni SouthSide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I’m scouting for some good value running/fast pace walking shoes for wider feet. I been ritually running and power walking for the last month. My feet are a little achy with some tendinitis or pinched nerve on middle top of the right foot. I blame my sh1tty shoes.

Last resort would be to go to a running store and get some tailored for my feet.

so far I been looking at the Nike Pegasus and Brooks Ghost running shoes since they are praised on some running communities.

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Swimming might be healthier for you.

Reincarnated

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been running in the same pair of Brooks pure cadence for close to 10 years now, and swear there still isn't any noticable wear. (To be fair I only run about once a week, and they also serve as my golf shoes)

oc16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nike all the way. I'm a runner and just did a 5 mile race Saturday.

Free_Agent

Don Juan
Reaction score
I do 15-20 miles a week. My running shoe journey

Asics -> New Balance - > Brooks - > Saucony Endorphin Speed Pro 4

I swear by my Saucony's

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nike Vapormax. The top is like a cloth material, very loose and breathable, I also have big/wide feet and they feel like you're wearing socks. Or I wear my Birkenstocks when going for a walk in the sun, not as comfortable but I feel like they are doing some good to reshape my foot arch/sole.

1718354946103.png
1718355127689.png

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
I have Merrell shoes for when I go hiking and Sketchers for sneakers with some inserts I use to keep my feet good...

They are super comfy and I walk anywhere between 20-25K steps a day so they definitely are getting a workout.

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You should go learn how to buy shoes on a YouTube video, all our feet are different and have different issues, there is a huge swath of shoe technology you can leverage into having a better experience but you gotta know what your struggles are first.

Next, changing the lacing pattern of your shoe is also gonna make a huge difference, you can lace to allow space in the ankle, bridge or toe.

If a shoe is a half decent fit, I just buy gel soles and change the lacing pattern

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
You should go learn how to buy shoes on a YouTube video, all our feet are different and have different issues, there is a huge swath of shoe technology you can leverage into having a better experience but you gotta know what your struggles are first.

Next, changing the lacing pattern of your shoe is also gonna make a huge difference, you can lace to allow space in the ankle, bridge or toe.

If a shoe is a half decent fit, I just buy gel soles and change the lacing pattern
I started buying ones without laces because of how frequently they come undone and annoy the hell out of me...apparently my lace tying game is terrible

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I started buying ones without laces because of how frequently they come undone and annoy the hell out of me...apparently my lace tying game is terrible
That's why all these shibari chicks dig me, I tie their laces until they come undone.

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It doesn't matter, it's all marketing hype, I highly doubt different shoes will do anything to help your foot issues.